Patrik Laine III: We’ve got questions, he’s got answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
Thank you, at least I will know how to treat his insides (all of them). I will be glad if you tell me which insiders are serious.

Usually ones you see on TV and have a blue check mark. This week, I would follow Bob McKenzie. He is coming out of semi-retirement to work the Free Agent Frenzy.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Do anybody this guy? Although it isn`t nothing tragical because he only turns down only QO what is normal. We see then... .

I don't know what he said because that troll account is now deleted.

I think Laine will sign QO of 7.5M/1 year, but maybe he prefers a bit longer contract with a bit more money as a sign of mutual trust. Seems that Jarmo is building around Laine anyway, and while the new draftees most probably will not be ready next season, things are looking already better for Laine than in the previous season.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Well, for the time being, he's staying.

Hi everyone,

I’m happy to read this step is done for both parties.

I personally think Patrik is one of the more misunderstood personalities in the League. I really hope that he has a redemption Season for your Team and either decides to make Columbus his Home or enables Mr. Kekalainen to acquire a load of assets toward your rebuild.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Now we can discuss if Laine will be traded due to him having a contract. :sarcasm:

upload_2021-7-27_17-41-56.jpeg

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Now we can discuss if Laine is traded due to him having a contract. :sarcasm:

Looking for a new tweet or article from Portzline :sarcasm:

Portzline, journalist of the year or two just wrote on The Athletic:

"As expected, forward Patrik Laine ($7.5 million qualifying offer), ... were extended offers before the 5 p.m. Monday deadline."

No, Aaron, you were not expecting that you piece of journalist.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Now feed him and at TDL get huge price for him.

Yup. If Laine is to be traded (I don't think he is), that's the *only* sane option. That's even more true if the goal is (and I don't agree with that either) to tank for the lottery.

Even with very difficult last season, I think most people are just dead wrong about Laine. His value can only go up, unless he is injured.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
The one trick pony show and LAZY
This is a perfect example of an uneducated opinion. Laine’s got several skills, of which some are elite and even unique, and I’m guessing that you are thinking about his onetimer, as it is often the thing that people remember because it it’s out of this world. You may not be aware of the fact that for most of his time as a Jet, Laine was among the leaders on his team in ES scoring/60. That was on a team with offensive players like Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers and Wheeler.:teach:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The real question is will he sign another QO next year? Who says there is nothing to discuss. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad