Confirmed with Link: Patrik Elias Night, Saturday 2/24/18 vs. NYI

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I don't believe it's happened. I was at a game maybe 7 years ago when there was almost nobody there. I think it was 90% people accessible to subway & train who were able to make it, as it was pounding snow and windy outside. Forget what the announced attendance was, but it was lower than that, doubt there was more than 2,500 actual people in the building at most. Probably fewer.

I sat immediately in the first section next to clubs, and at the end of the 1st (I think?) they announced everyone in the mezz and upper level could move down to the lower bowl since the entire Rock was a ghost town. Funniest thing was the look of sheer DISGUST on the face of this mid-50s'ish looking woman in the Club seats that the "rif-raf" were so close they were almost TOUCHING her! Then there was the RUN (and I do mean run) on the free food & bevy in the Fire/Ice lounges. It was hysterical. Reminded me of the pool party scene in Caddyshack when the caddies invade the private pool.

I drove to that game. I wanna say it was vs Toronto?. What was usually a ~20 minute drive took me about 1.5 hours to get back. One of the windshield wiper blades on my car froze and then half broke so I had to pull over and attempt to reattach the thing and wipe the windshield every ~10 minutes. Then, after 1.5 hours of driving, my ****ing car finally got stuck in the snow...literally 1 block from my house. :laugh: So then add another 20 minutes to the trip shoveling myself out.

Worst decision ever.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I drove to that game. I wanna say it was vs Toronto?. What was usually a ~20 minute drive took me about 1.5 hours to get back. One of the windshield wiper blades on my car froze and then half broke so I had to pull over and attempt to reattach the thing and wipe the windshield every ~10 minutes. Then, after 1.5 hours of driving, my ****ing car finally got stuck in the snow...literally 1 block from my house. :laugh: So then add another 20 minutes to the trip shoveling myself out.

Worst decision ever.

I'm cant remember for certain, but I want to say it was the Flyers.

For me getting there was simple. I lived in Manhattan about 35 feet from a subway entrance. Other than those 35 feet, the next time I'm outside is when I'm across the street from The Rock since you can walk indoors all the way from Neward Penn to Mulberry Street.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
had to buy the 5 pack. i think itll end up being worth it if i can sell some tix

I declined.

I don't think you'll be able to get > $100 for most those games, to recapture the money, plus I'm 100% confident Elias night prices will drop from here. To justify the 5-game pack, IMO, Elias night prices on the secondary market have to remain about where they are now. Not to mention, I'm not 100% convinced the game is really "sold out" right now.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I don't believe it's happened. I was at a game maybe 7 years ago when there was almost nobody there. I think it was 90% people accessible to subway & train who were able to make it, as it was pounding snow and windy outside. Forget what the announced attendance was, but it was lower than that, doubt there was more than 2,500 actual people in the building at most. Probably fewer.

I sat immediately in the first section next to clubs, and at the end of the 1st (I think?) they announced everyone in the mezz and upper level could move down to the lower bowl since the entire Rock was a ghost town. Funniest thing was the look of sheer DISGUST on the face of this mid-50s'ish looking woman in the Club seats that the "rif-raf" were so close they were almost TOUCHING her! Then there was the RUN (and I do mean run) on the free food & bevy in the Fire/Ice lounges. It was hysterical. Reminded me of the pool party scene in Caddyshack when the caddies invade the private pool.

:laugh::laugh: Great comparison/reference

I declined.

I don't think you'll be able to get > $100 for most those games, to recapture the money, plus I'm 100% confident Elias night prices will drop from here. To justify the 5-game pack, IMO, Elias night prices on the secondary market have to remain about where they are now. Not to mention, I'm not 100% convinced the game is really "sold out" right now.

No concert, sporting event, etc is ever sold out on the initial onsale. There are always hundreds to thousands (depending on the size of the venue) held back for particular reasons and those left over are leaked out over time leading to the event at random.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
No concert, sporting event, etc is ever sold out on the initial onsale. There are always hundreds to thousands (depending on the size of the venue) held back for particular reasons and those left over are leaked out over time leading to the event at random.

That's what I mean. In this case, I'm sure the demand for Elias night is really high so I'm sure they've sold a TON of tickets, but beyond what you're saying about the "initial onsale", if history is a guide the Devils are monkeying with the supply for this game to "trick" people into buying more tickets than they'd want to (SEE: 5 game packs).

At any rate, there's no way the demand for Elias night can be as high as the demand for Brodeur night, and even tickets for Brodeur night dropped some from their stratospheric highs. My 2¢.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
And as a "for instance" to the above, looking at the 5 game packs, they're SOLD OUT right now, except for the very expensive lower bowl options.

The Devils have moved a TON of those 5 game packs in the last 45 minutes once people saw no Elias tickets were made available today in the regular 10am onsale. How much you want to bet more 5 packs magically appear sometime today or next week?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad