Patrik Berglund Appreciation Thread

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Who are you, and what have you done with Ranksu?
I try to find sone funny GIF to this, but didnt find.

I guess I honestly prefer Berglund over Brouwer. I could see Berglund woukd fit with Bozak and Thomas. Possession monster.

Only problem is how much over 1 year off from NHL level would affect his gamespeed + skating.

Brouwer doesnt have hockey IQ at same level tähän Berglund. We have better players who van drive the net tähän Brouwer.

Berglund would give us Møre för board/cycle games.

Even talking about Berglund and acquire him should give red flag. We dobt have enough skilled offensive pkayers. Which even Møre conxern me why we traded Fabbri för meat bag and even bring ikd meat bag Brouwer in.

Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I try to find sone funny GIF to this, but didnt find.

I guess I honestly prefer Berglund over Brouwer. I could see Berglund woukd fit with Bozak and Thomas. Possession monster.

Only problem is how much over 1 year off from NHL level would affect his gamespeed + skating.

Brouwer doesnt have hockey IQ at same level tähän Berglund. We have better players who van drive the net tähän Brouwer.

Berglund would give us Møre för board/cycle games.

Even talking about Berglund and acquire him should give red flag. We dobt have enough skilled offensive pkayers. Which even Møre conxern me why we traded Fabbri för meat bag and even bring ikd meat bag Brouwer in.
Looks like you're using the Suomi or Svenska keyboard! Don't you have the ability to adjust yours also to English, French, German, Spanish, Czech, Hindi, Tamil, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Frisian, Afrikaans, and all other major languages?

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Looks like you're using the Suomi or Svenska keyboard! Don't you have the ability to adjust yours also to English, French, German, Spanish, Czech, Hindi, Tamil, Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, Frisian, Afrikaans, and all other major languages?
Thank you. Now it works. You have no idea how hard it has been to write and delete things. Im so bad with these things.

Reactions: MissouriMook

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
June 2019 Andy Strickland interview:

Drafted by the Blues and serving as a regular contributor for the team for over ten seasons, St. Louis had become his home. He was playing alongside many of his best friends and, as a result, the move to a new organization wasn’t easy.

In his 23 regular season contests with the Sabres, he only had four points and slowly saw his ice time diminish. “I had a hard time adjusting to it and just the situation overall in Buffalo,” he explained. “I didn’t agree with a lot of things and how they wanted to play me, how they wanted to do things. In the end, I... wasn’t enjoying hockey anymore. At that time, I didn’t want a trade, I didn’t want anything. I just kinda said to myself that I want to step away from it...”

At that point, he could have cared less about the money he was forfeiting. “I don’t think that the contract and the money is the most important thing,” Berglund said. “For me, hockey is something that I love and something that I’m passionate about and, in the end, what happened last summer and walking into the season, I wasn’t happy with it.”

Berglund received plenty of support from the NHLPA and former teammates who were still with the Blues during his departure. He knew that he wasn’t retiring. He just needed some time to figure himself out and set his priorities straight. “To be honest, I kind of knew even when everything that went down happened, I knew that I wanted to play,” he said. “That was my decision and I haven’t regretted it one second after I made it...”

Through it all, he’s been in regular contact with his friends in St. Louis and has watched their run towards the Stanley Cup. In fact,
“I wish I was still playing for the boys, but I’m so happy for them,” he said. “I’m happy for the city. I’m happy for the fans. St. Louis deserves this...”

—————————————————————

Bergie has kept himself in shape and is currently playing for Djurgårdens IF.

Where can the Blues find a player who loves the organization, city, and fans as much as Bergie? Where can the Blues find a very capable player at this point of the season who is capable of stepping in and contributing NOW? He has the size factor checked off at 6-4, 215lb.

That’s a Win Win. Probably just a phone call away. Offer him a one year trial.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
he is not even top 20 in SHL.
Why would you expect him to be that high. He's over 30 years old, and The SHL has quite a few good young scorers. Don't forget that all young Europeans don't necessarily want to get to The NHL absolutely as fast as possible. Like Tarasenko lingered in Russia for several years after he could have made it in The NHL, many other do the same thing. They want to play in the best league in their own country, and play some in front of their home fans. It's on a bigger ice surface and an east-west game, instead of north-south. So, that helps the great skaters. Berglund has a disadvantage versus all those young, fast smooth skaters. I'd guess that the upper 35-40% of the skaters in The SHL would be capable of being on the top 9 on NHL teams. I'd expect Berglund to, perhaps, be the 3rd or 4th highest in points on his TEAM, and NOT in The SHL's top 50 in scoring, at his age. I think you might underestimate the calibre of play in The SHL.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Berglund said he would Uber a helicopter across the Atlantic if we won the Cup. Meaning to me, he should have at least been at the parade. I'm disappointed he said he would come and didn't.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Why would you expect him to be that high. He's over 30 years old, and The SHL has quite a few good young scorers. Don't forget that all young Europeans don't necessarily want to get to The NHL absolutely as fast as possible. Like Tarasenko lingered in Russia for several years after he could have made it in The NHL, many other do the same thing. They want to play in the best league in their own country, and play some in front of their home fans. It's on a bigger ice surface and an east-west game, instead of north-south. So, that helps the great skaters. Berglund has a disadvantage versus all those young, fast smooth skaters. I'd guess that the upper 35-40% of the skaters in The SHL would be capable of being on the top 9 on NHL teams. I'd expect Berglund to, perhaps, be the 3rd or 4th highest in points on his TEAM, and NOT in The SHL's top 50 in scoring, at his age. I think you might underestimate the calibre of play in The SHL.

With all due respect, I think you are vastly overestimating the skill of SHL players. I mean Joakim Lindstrom is currently 4th in the league in scoring and he couldn't cut it in the NHL at all.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
With all due respect, I think you are vastly overestimating the skill of SHL players. I mean Joakim Lindstrom is currently 4th in the league in scoring and he couldn't cut it in the NHL at all.
In all fairness there are AHL players who lead the league in scoring but can’t crack the NHL either. Granted, I think the AHL talent pool is significantly greater than the SHL.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Scoring in Europe doesn't translate well from The SHL to The NHL. A very different game is played on the big ice. Offensive and defensive strategies are different. I wouldn't expect a middling NHL scorer when in his prime to automatically be a Top 20 SHL or Liga scorer when he is 33 or 34.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Berglund is #1 on his SHL team with eight goals.

Berglund is tied with seven others for the third top scorer in the SHL.

Berglund is age 31.

Reactions: Ranksu

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Bergie...give DA a call!
He wanted to get away from North America so badly that when he decided to return to pro hockey for his local team, he probably didn't ask for an "out clause" to go back to The NHL. So he probably can't get out of his SHL contract until his team stops playing this season. Moreover, he MAY have signed for more than 1 year with them. The way The Blues are looking during their spate of injuries makes it look like their lineup next season would be too tough for the then 32 year old Berglund to crack. I'd love for them to have him back right now, before Blais and Tarasenko return, but I doubt that that is even possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad