Patrik Berglund Appreciation Thread

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
@Ranksu is from Finland; he is not Scandinavian.

Isn't that like the same thing?

4c7c7d7f986cd04489cf450bd763fbd4_XL.jpg

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
@Ranksu is from Finland; he is not Scandinavian.

I believe @RobbK speaks some Swedish. Where’s he been anyway? When I typed his user name, it didn’t show up!
That is concerning. Now that it has come up, I don't remember seeing him around here for a while now.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Isn't that like the same thing?
[QUOTE\]
No! Scandinavia is just Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. Even Iceland isn't really part of Scandinavia, despite it having been a colony of Norway. Finnish is a Siberian language, totally unrelated to any Indo-European language.

Yes, my brother lives in Sweden, and i understand Swedish to some extent, and can read it and write some. I know a little Finnish (Suomi). (but only enough to get into trouble!)

4c7c7d7f986cd04489cf450bd763fbd4_XL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenSeal

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Last edited:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’m kind of a worry wart. Hope he’s ok.

We heard from @Multimoodia , thank God. I know how we all dearly missed him.

Never mind, @Multimoodia is popping up now.

Cartoon RobbK?? Where are you?
I'm on tour in northwestern Denmark, giving workshops in storyboarding at various libraries. I don't have a lot of time to post on hockey fora. I'll be near Herning soon, where The Danish national team trains. I am fine, healthwise. There isn't all that much Blueswise to discuss. I DO know about the Schmaltz-Borgman trade. Nothing earth-shattering, but I think Borgman might make a decent 3rd pairing NHLer. Schmaltz wasn't going to be much help to The Blues, anyway.

Reactions: Blueston and Arioch

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I'm on tour in northwestern Denmark, giving workshops in storyboarding at various libraries. I don't have a lot of time to post on hockey fora. I'll be near Herning soon, where The Danish national team trains. I am fine, healthwise. There isn't all that much Blueswise to discuss. I DO know about the Schmaltz-Borgman trade. Nothing earth-shattering, but I think Borgman might make a decent 3rd pairing NHLer. Schmaltz wasn't going to be much help to The Blues, anyway.
I was worried when I typed your user name and it didn’t pop up.

Glad you’re ok.

Reactions: bluesXwinXtheXcup

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Its difficult to discuss without some underlying assumptions. We just know too little about what's going on. Even your post makes the assumption that Berglund pretended to be sick. Its possible he just told Buffalo he was done. Buffalo could have spun the "sick" narrative while they tried to figure out what was going on, what their options were and how to spin it with the press. I'd assume if a player is "sick" in the NHL, they visit a team physician for a diagnosis and time table. I can't imagine you can just call in sick in the NHL and not show up for several days without anyone seeing you. At least you can't do that and have the team think you are really sick.

That said, I agree that Berglund may not be acting rationally, or at least by what we would consider rational. Something more is going on than what we know, and it more than likely something going on with Berglund.

It seems that Berglund is going to stay in Sweden and play again for Djurgaarden from what I gather from the article.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
What would be the harm of offering Berg-dawg a PTO?

Note to fellow Blues Hfboards members. I wanted to post this question before Ranksu. :popcorn:
I don’t think the league office would like that very much after how things went down in Buffalo. It would look pretty shady if he walked out in Buffalo only to return to the Blues the next year. We’d have to wait at least until his previous NHL contract would have expired, which is after the 21-22 season when he’d be 34 years old.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Bergie is free to recontract. Sabres general manager Jason Botterill terminated his contract.

After being traded by the Blues, Berglund admitted he never felt quite comfortable with the Sabres. Coincidentally, one of his statements sounded eerily similar to that of ROR’s famous quote, “I feel throughout the year I’ve lost the love of the game multiple times.”.

Bergie said he terminated his contract because he “had lost the happiness and energy.” He then went on to say he “needed to go home to find his true self, to find harmony and his mental balance.”

I’ll bet he’d love to wear the note again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->