Patrick vs Sanheim, more valuable?

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
I grabbed Sanheim in the 8th round of my 26 team sim league. Pretty happy with it!

Thanks guys

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As things are currently trending, I guess Sanheim.

Patrick has shown the physical talents and the brains to make me think he's got very high upside. But with his health so far it's very up in the air that he gets there. His loooonnngggggg cold streaks aren't ideal either.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim is the only possible answer here because if were talking value then health issues must be taken into account. And obviously Patrick’s health issues have completely killed his current value.

If both were healthy it might actually be a discussion but unfortunately that’s not the case here.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Without question it is Sanheim. I want nothing more than for Patrick to flourish, but his first two years were underwhelming and now he's missed an entire season. Both value in terms of trade and to this team are minimal at the moment. They've adjusted the roster and I would have to think he doesn't factor into the teams plans for the future. Not that they are going to trade him or give up on him, just that given where he's at they aren't expecting anything from him. If he turns into a second liner, that's huge. If he is able to contribute in any other way, that's good too. If he never plays for the team again, they have it covered.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I still think Nolan Patrick is going to a 1st line / 2nd line forward in the near future. he is only 21. Missing this season was a set back. But I think he will eventually settle in. Look how long it took Couturier.

I think Sanheim is still more valuable to do being a defence man. Still not sure why he hasn’t been looked at on our PP.

id love to see the top PP unit with Sanheim for a game or two. Just to see his raw potential.

Reactions: Hahahax

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
One of my favourite lines we ever had
Was

Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek

I’d swap out Voracek for Konecny or Frost in the future when both guys are healthy again!! :)

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Sanheim has had a fantastic year and been our 2nd best d-man all year. Only asset missing is about 10 lbs of upper body strength. Solid pk, more than adequate for pp2. If you had a stud rhd Sanheim is fine for top line lhd. With Provy that won't happen here.

Patrick who knows at this point? Assuming headaches cleared would be even start over Frost at 3c? Couts, Hayes, Frost in lineup so you can afford to miss. Sanheim a lot harder to replace.

Hahahax

Apr 2, 2018
You guys were really helpful throughout this thread, thank you very much! I did manage to grab both Sanheim and Patrick(he fell really far in the draft, i was mindblown). Any of you expect Ghost to bounce back in short term?

And if anyone's interested, my depth chart looks like this after the draft and 2 trades, obviously I need to sign bad players to fill up my lineup while waiting on the prospects:
Laine Eichel Tarasenko
J.Hughes Cozens Killorn
Kaliyev Patrick Bjorkstrand
N.Robertson Kunin Borgstrom
Wahlstrom MArchenko Brink Dugan

Dumba Klefbom
Hronek Sanheim
Lundkvist Grzelcyk
Perunovich J.Larsson

Quick/Hutchinson (my last 2 picks, going for Lafreniere)
Also acquired probably a mid-1st in the 2020 draft.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You guys were really helpful throughout this thread, thank you very much! I did manage to grab both Sanheim and Patrick(he fell really far in the draft, i was mindblown). Any of you expect Ghost to bounce back in short term?

And if anyone's interested, my depth chart looks like this after the draft and 2 trades, obviously I need to sign bad players to fill up my lineup while waiting on the prospects:
Laine Eichel Tarasenko
J.Hughes Cozens Killorn
Kaliyev Patrick Bjorkstrand
N.Robertson Kunin Borgstrom
Wahlstrom MArchenko Brink Dugan

Dumba Klefbom
Hronek Sanheim
Lundkvist Grzelcyk
Perunovich J.Larsson

Quick/Hutchinson (my last 2 picks, going for Lafreniere)
Also acquired probably a mid-1st in the 2020 draft.

Ghost bouncing back would surprise no one around here. The problem is, it likely wont be with the Flyers.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Patrick has more potential, but given the health issues I'd choose Sanheim as a safer bet.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->