Value of: Patrick Sharp

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So this is all hypothetical but lets say Nuke and Ritchie absolutely kill it at camp for Dallas. That or one of them + Shore/Dickinson show they are both ready and RW capable. Dallas would still have Sharp, who likely won't re-sign next year unless at a crazy amount less than he is currently making because his money will go to Benn. So in this case moving Sharp's final year is not crazy.

If Dallas where to make Sharp available due to breakout camp performances what could he return? What would you offer for a year of Sharp and a year of contract negotiations?

Cap hit of 5.9 and scored 20+35=55 last year. Still very much a top 6 winger who is good on both ends of the ice.

Edit: guys this is just a hypothetical. I get the odds are little to none that he gets moved. No need to start each reply with that. This thread is simply for fun under the premise I laid out

He's not going unless you have to cap dump

or
your OP scenario is so much the case he has to be moved.
Don't agree some of these offers for him, too much overpayment

realistic deal is Marc Staal at comp $ and Ranta at half and G prospect and additional prospect to cover extra years
that would be excess W for useful LD

however, that is all thread the needle
Stars and Rangers not a fit atm otherwise

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

or

realistic deal is Marc Staal at comp $ and Ranta at half and G prospect and additional prospect to cover extra years

Well in my OP case he doesn't have to be moved. If by chance Dallas has Nuke and Ritchie show to be on par with Sharp we could very easily go with those 3 down the right side.

It's more of a if he was made available and if he was Staal and Raanta is not reasonable. Not only does it do nothing for us it adds a decent chunk of salary past this year.

The premise was his money is going to Benn. Why take back as much money that has more term??? Don't you think if Dallas was ok paying that same amount they would just re-sign sharp?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

or

Except that's not a realistic deal at all.

Should Sharp become available, there will be a market for him, and I'm certain we could do better than that.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Highly doubtful Sharp takes a discount deal to come to Chicago.

Would be cool if he did, but I think he resigns at a decent price in Dallas.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Highly doubtful Sharp takes a discount deal to come to Chicago.

Would be cool if he did, but I think he resigns at a decent price in Dallas.

I can't believe how many people don't know the difference between resign and re-sign.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I hope Sharp signs with Vancouver then smashes Benning's wife. Then doesn't resign when his deal is up.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
the words mean 2 totally different things.

Yeah but if you are on your phone its way easier to ignore it. Beside everyone knows what you mean, players don't resign from the league anyways so there is no confusion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->