Value of: Patrick Sharp

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
So this is all hypothetical but lets say Nuke and Ritchie absolutely kill it at camp for Dallas. That or one of them + Shore/Dickinson show they are both ready and RW capable. Dallas would still have Sharp, who likely won't re-sign next year unless at a crazy amount less than he is currently making because his money will go to Benn. So in this case moving Sharp's final year is not crazy.

If Dallas where to make Sharp available due to breakout camp performances what could he return? What would you offer for a year of Sharp and a year of contract negotiations?

Cap hit of 5.9 and scored 20+35=55 last year. Still very much a top 6 winger who is good on both ends of the ice.

Edit: guys this is just a hypothetical. I get the odds are little to none that he gets moved. No need to start each reply with that. This thread is simply for fun under the premise I laid out

Last edited:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I seriously doubt he moves unless they're banking on a big decline. Replacing 55 points is a large deal, and he has that intangible experience that Nill loves. He's also a good analytic and two way forward. As a contending team, I don't think moving Patty is prudent.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Dallas would be wise to keep Sharp around, but for argument's sake, I'd offer Andrighetto + 2017 1st, Montreal would need to send salary back (Desharnais or Emelin) for this to work though, which I doubt Dallas would be willing to take.

Best option would be to keep Sharp, even as to mentor the youngsters who step up in camp and try to get a new deal done after Benn's extension.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Trading him doesn't make sense. His next deal will be closer to 4m than 5.9 so we can bring him back if we want.

1st + Dano is what Ladd got, Sharp would be in that bracket.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Fleury+Kunitz+2nd
For
Lehtonen 1.5 million retained+Sharp

Dallas gets upgrade in net, Pitt gets upgrade on wing. Salary evens out

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I seriously doubt he moves unless they're banking on a big decline. Replacing 55 points is a large deal, and he has that intangible experience that Nill loves. He's also a good analytic and two way forward. As a contending team, I don't think moving Patty is prudent.

I don't think he moves either. Just thought it would be an interesting idea if somehow the kids managed to just erupt in camp and pre season

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Arizona would be interested. Willing to give a strong prospect (Perlini?) and 3rd.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Dallas is not retaining on Kari in a trade with Pittsburg.

Why? They aren't taking on anymore salary, it would be even. If they can get a serious upgrade in net, a 2nd rounder and dump the majority of lehtonens contract I think it's a good deal for the stars

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Why? They aren't taking on anymore salary, it would be even. If they can get a serious upgrade in net, a 2nd rounder and dump the majority of lehtonens contract I think it's a good deal for the stars

Yeah bot sure why he said no as a Stars fan I would do that.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
There is a good chance Sharp signs with the Hawks next summer. I could see him signing for 3-3.5 per.

If hes ok signing for 3 AAV I'd think Dallas tries to bring him back. I just think if he hits 55 again he will command 4.5 ish

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
If hes ok signing for 3 AAV I'd think Dallas tries to bring him back. I just think if he hits 55 again he will command 4.5 ish

I think he will do exactly what Campbell did - take a discount.

This is his home.

It's not like the Hawks wanted to trade him.

Chicago is where he belongs and Chicago is where he will end his career.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I don't see Sharpy coming back to Chicago, but I could see him going to FLA if Tallon is still around.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Who knows what will happen next season, but wouldn't surprise me to see him resign in Dallas. Seems to fit in well with the team and if Dallas lands Bishop they're going to be a top contender. But at the same time Dallas has some good prospects knocking on the door

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Who knows what will happen next season, but wouldn't surprise me to see him resign in Dallas. Seems to fit in well with the team and if Dallas lands Bishop they're going to be a top contender. But at the same time Dallas has some good prospects knocking on the door

Looks like you think he will be done in Dallas too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->