Confirmed with Link: Patrick Russell, signs in SHL

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Best of luck to him. DIdn't break the games played with no goal record for forwards, but I did calculate that he beat the record holder in minutes played without a goal :) Other guy was just a face puncher that got a few minutes a night.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I’m actually surprised we didn’t sign him. He seems like the perfect 14th forward. He plays low event hockey, does whatever the coaches ask, and even plays pretty well after sitting for long periods

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Hard grinding guy who left it all on the ice but this was our last slow skater. Agree with Hollands moves or not, we are officially a fast team. Best of luck to Patrick Russell I would not be shocked to see him back in the NHL one day because he deserves to be there.

Reactions: oilers'72

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I wonder where Chiasson will sign? The SHL would probably be a good option for both Chiasson and Ennis.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Glad days.

Best of luck to him but a prototypical Tipp player fielded for effort rather than results or skill.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think he resigns back here for a mil once we have our LD free agent signed.

Quite possible, I don't know what your calculations are but assuming that:

-Turris contract is buried in the minors
-Sign Yams at about 2M/year
-Klefbomb to LTIR
-Keep Kosko contract

-then I have the Oilers sitting at right around 79M so yes there is room for a few smaller moves but its getting tight.

The following season will also be interesting. Nurse, Puls and McLeod will need new deals and I don't really see where the cap space is coming from. Yes, the Kosko deal will expire at the end of the 2021-22 season (so will the Turris deal) but if you go out and look for a new #1 goaltender (next summer) then it probably costs as much or more to sign the new guy so the deal on a Nurse extension will be tight.

I know its been talked to death but 2 years of Keith at 5M+ was a limiting move. I like the fact that he's coming to the Oilers but some salary retention would have given the team more flexibility going into the cap space equation for 2022-23.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Quite possible, I don't know what your calculations are but assuming that:

-Turris contract is buried in the minors
-Sign Yams at about 2M/year
-Klefbomb to LTIR
-Keep Kosko contract

-then I have the Oilers sitting at right around 79M so yes there is room for a few smaller moves but its getting tight.

The following season will also be interesting. Nurse, Puls and McLeod will need new deals and I don't really see where the cap space is coming from. Yes, the Kosko deal will expire at the end of the 2021-22 season (so will the Turris deal) but if you go out and look for a new #1 goaltender (next summer) then it probably costs as much or more to sign the new guy so the deal on a Nurse extension will be tight.

I know its been talked to death but 2 years of Keith at 5M+ was a limiting move. I like the fact that he's coming to the Oilers but some salary retention would have given the team more flexibility going into the cap space equation for 2022-23.

I’ve done it on Cap Friendly and it works. I don’t think the Kieth contract is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I believe he will be a very effective defenceman who also helps in ways the fancy stats guys love to ridicule. Just my opinion.

Reactions: GOilers88

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I’ve done it on Cap Friendly and it works. I don’t think the Kieth contract is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I believe he will be a very effective defenceman who also helps in ways the fancy stats guys love to ridicule. Just my opinion.

Were you referring to the 2021-22 season or the 2022-23 season?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
If Chiasson is off the team, that increases the chance that Tippett will play Jesse on the PP instead.

I really don't want to see Chiasson play 3 minutes of PP a game again. (Which he did)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->