Patrick Roy's greatest games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Zednik20 said:
Game 6 2002 Western Conference finals vs. Detroit. Roy thinks he has the puck in his glove and does his little show off move. Little does he know the puck is in the ice and Shanahan (I think) puts it in.

Lol, good old Patrick.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
In 1986 vs. the Rangers, dominates them and through overtime. 1996 SCF Game 4. 2001 SCF Game 6 and heck, game 7 too.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
DRL said:
What were some of Roy's greatest games in his career?

How 'bout the game where he got down in the butterfly with the huge shoulder pads and sweater that would fit over a Hum-V and the pads big enough to damn the Mississippi and let the puck him him over and over........

....Oh yeah, that was every one of his boring performances!!!!!!!!!

I hated that dude. He is the reason massive goalie equipment replaced reflexes as great goaltending.

My fav memory is when he bailed on Team Canada for the 2002 games and he thought we'd be crying like babies. He was a loogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Habfansincebirth

Jul 15, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Why is it that when someone asks for a positive opinion, the slimebags climb out from under their rocks and spew ignorant garbage?

If you hate Roy, start a thread about his worst moments so that all the negative idiots can basque in loathing together.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Hasbro said:
Colorado won 3 Detroit 2 head to head.

Let us not forget Detroit's choke in 99.

oh ya i forgot there was a time dallas beat Detroit in Semi's, and then lost to Dallas.

oh well, we still got 3 cups out of it, i dont care.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Habfansincebirth said:
Why is it that when someone asks for a positive opinion, the slimebags climb out from under their rocks and spew ignorant garbage?

If you hate Roy, start a thread about his worst moments so that all the negative idiots can basque in loathing together.

Because Us Slimebags are tired of reading how great soembody is, when somebody starts similar threads once a month.

why is it that when you dont like what people say, you make fun of them?

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Habfansincebirth said:

Can you say jealousy? Roy also managed to beat many teams and left'em feeling pretty deprived (re: Redwings in '96, '99, '00; NJ in '01, LA in '93). You either loved him or hated him.

Exactly. But its not surprising many people here have the gall to spew out negative comments hiding behind a computer screen (X8OD?).

Habfansincebirth

Jul 15, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
X8oD said:
Because Us Slimebags are tired of reading how great soembody is, when somebody starts similar threads once a month.

Nobody is forcing you to read the thread, let alone post a moronic reply. Yet I must read your crap because I am interested in hearing about what other's think is Roy's greatest moment.

X8oD said:
why is it that when you dont like what people say, you make fun of them?

Because your comments are needless bashing when it wasn't asked for or welcomed.

scosar

Mar 17, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
mpdman said:
I hated that dude. He is the reason massive goalie equipment replaced reflexes as great goaltending.

Probably a waste of time responding to a troll. But watch the 86 play-offs. Compared to today's goalies the equipment Roy is wearing is laughable. His reflexes are what made him one of the best goalies of all time

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
The 1986 game against the Rangers was the best goaltending display I remember seeing. I was never a huge Roy fan because he had a way of making things about himself, though that was a big part of why he was great, so there ya go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->