Patrick O'Sullivan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
MePutPuckInNet said:
that would be a crackling good line, TeamSeals - problem is, it would be a 'Jacques Lemaire - heartattack' waiting to happen. He'd never survive that kind of offensive output.

I think anybody who centered a line with Guy Lafleur and Steve Shutt could probably handle it :)

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Well O'Sullivan is up to his usual tonigh with 2 goals so far, still the secong period. He now has 41 goals on the season.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
this kid aint right....

he and gaborik are gonna do some things together. :eek:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
he can be a 40 goal scorer type in the nhl...

every time he hits the ice he's a threat.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
gaborik
bouchard
O'sullivan
Rolston
Voloshenko
Pouliot...

Put it this way...our Powerplay is gonna be insane in a couple years.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
you mean there is other prospects in hockey besides crosby/ovechkin/malkin :dunno:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
In his draft year it was said he was a top 5 offensive player in his age group in the world...

that was the 2003 draft.

When all is said and done, I think he may live up to that.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
The CBC did a great story on him on The Fifth Estate a couple of years back and let the world know how absolutely horrible his life was.

To make a long story very short, his father would beat him when he "under-performed" on the ice and controlled every aspect of his life, perhaps only letting Patty make bathroom time decisions. John O'Sullivan, his father, is a poor excuse for a human being and epitomises all that is horrible about hockey parents. Patrick was finally offered his freedom after he charged his father with assault and was granted a restraining order.

At draft day in '03, John appeared in Nashville inside the Gaylord Entertainment center since the restraining order had no power in Tennessee but was chagrined to find two NHL-hired bodygaurds with Patrick.

Hockey GM's were obviously concerned that Patty was damaged goods since he fell from a possible top-ten pick in the '03 (an amazing feat if it happened) to 56th overall. I screamed at the TV for a good couple of hours after the sixth pick.

Since moving to Mississauga, I've seen some talent come through this town with Schremp and Spezza, but I have never been more impressed with them than I was with O'Sullivan. Yes all three have offensive wizardry in their blood, but O'Sullivan has character in spades (something that I wish Schremp had had even a speck of in his time here) and is a true warrior; the team was a laughing-stock but he hung in there and made his time count (something else that I wish Schremp and Spezza had done here).

I have always been a fan of O'Sullivan, and no other prospects development interests me or pleases me more than Sully's. This kid has gone through more hell than most people in North America do and has come out as a better person.

The Wild got themselves something real special in '03 and will make every single team in the NHL regret passing him up (except for Detroit and Toronto of course which had traded picks away in the 1st).

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Another GREAT day for O"Sulivan with a goal and 2 Assists.

WOW!!! This kid is the real deal. How did he drop to the second round unbelivable.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Pete Rock said:
At draft day in '03, John appeared in Nashville inside the Gaylord Entertainment center since the restraining order had no power in Tennessee but was chagrined to find two NHL-hired bodygaurds with Patrick.

Hockey GM's were obviously concerned that Patty was damaged goods since he fell from a possible top-ten pick in the '03 (an amazing feat if it happened) to 56th overall. I screamed at the TV for a good couple of hours after the sixth pick.

I was at that draft and wanted the Preds to take O'Sullivan with the 49th overall pick. It worked out great for the Preds in the end. Wish we would have spent our 35th overall on him though. :madfire:

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
having o'sullivan and radulov coming up in the same year wouldn't be fair to other teams.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
SmokeyClause said:
I was at that draft and wanted the Preds to take O'Sullivan with the 49th overall pick. It worked out great for the Preds in the end. Wish we would have spent our 35th overall on him though. :madfire:

Yeah, and I wish that the Leafs had spent their 1st pick on something other than Owen Nolan or that they had at least traded up one or two spots to get O'Sullivan or that 49th overall pick.

You guys got some second-tiered defenseman didn't you? :sarcasm:

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
I remember on draft day thinking O'Sullivan would be a good pick for the Wild, but they reached and took this relative unknown by the name of Brent Burns instead. I was pretty pissed at the time, but you can imaging my surprise and delight when they nabbed Paddy O late in the 2nd round. What luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->