Patrick O'Sullivan is on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
His numbers are looking pretty damn good! He leads the OHL in goals with 21.....and that is in only 23 games. I don't care what is said about his attitude, the kids got skills! Minnesota stole him! I can't wait till he is playing along side Gaborik! Has anyone seen him play this year? Cause it seems as if he is carrying Mississauga on his back. Lately he seems to be in on every goal.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
People keep talking about attitude problems, but it seems the issue was more of mental stability. Once his dad was removed from the picture he's been able to focus on not just hockey, but being a normal 18 year old. I agree, he was a STEAL!

I think O'Sullivan and Parise will be the 2 steals of the 03 draft.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I still can't believe he dropped that far. Still upset Calgary didn't take a chance on this guy when we had two second round picks and on top of that he ends up going to Minnesota. Aaah, anyway Minnesota's got a good player in O'Sullivan, the attitude garbage was blown way out of proportion.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
MeffyuhTJRest said:
People keep talking about attitude problems, but it seems the issue was more of mental stability. Once his dad was removed from the picture he's been able to focus on not just hockey, but being a normal 18 year old. I agree, he was a STEAL!

I think O'Sullivan and Parise will be the 2 steals of the 03 draft.

I made similar comments on the Oilers board that I sure would have been much happier with Parise, O' Sullivan than Pouliot, McDonald.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Sometimes the teams should forget the attitude problem and look for the skills, that what's the Vikings did when they pick Randy Moss and maybe he has some attitude problem, but is he good?? sure one of the best wr in the nfl

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
I sure hope he works out... we need the help. It's great to see that he's getting success this year. But, that recent two game suspension for some team rules violation still leaves a little room for concern on the attitude/stability front, IMO. I'm sure it's no big deal, but it's one of those things... after all the rumors, you'd think the guy would be doing his damndest to walk a straight line, you know?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
ceber said:
I sure hope he works out... we need the help. It's great to see that he's getting success this year. But, that recent two game suspension for some team rules violation still leaves a little room for concern on the attitude/stability front, IMO. I'm sure it's no big deal, but it's one of those things... after all the rumors, you'd think the guy would be doing his damndest to walk a straight line, you know?
Remember that you're dealing with an 18-year-old kid who stayed out too late with two friends (which, from what I gather, is the reason for all three to be suspended). Which of us hasn't done that? I give him credit for dealing with it professionally and stating that they made a mistake and are paying for it - end of story.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Saw him play this past Sunday, caught the Ice Dogs and 67's game.

He was by far the best player on the ice and made something happen everytime he was out there. His skating looks much improved from last year as well. He still isn't much for the physical side of the game, or defensively for that matter, but that's not his game. You can teach defense, you can't teach the extreme amount of offensive skill he possesses.

Just a side note, Corey Locke didn't impress me at all.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
IMO I think O'Sullivan is overrated... yeah that's right, not underrated but overrated. Granted, he has offensive upside, but that alone won't get you a job in the NHL- especially in todays NHL). Sooooo many players have come and gone (quickly) just for that reason alone. I don't think he has an attitude problem, he has had problems with his Dad in the past (but who wasn't) that are now behind him, he gets a 3 game (team) suspension for staying past curfew (he's an 18 years old kid playing junior hockey in Canada where he, along with this teammates are, are GODS). Its not his attitude I have a problem with, I think he does have the all-round game that an NHLer has to have today. There is way more downside in his game then upside and that alone is the reason you'll never see him in the NHL - a great AHLer or if he can learn to live with not being the number 1 hombre on the team, he might pan out to be like a Daigle (who took 10 years to find an all-round game).

O'Sullivan is a one dimensional player, and not even the best (or close to) in that dimension. Patrick, who has been tagged the next great thing since an early age (NO player should have that burden to carry with them at such a young age) has to realize that he needs to develop into more of a complete player to play in that greatest Hockey League in the world, either he wasn't noticed the flaws in his game or he doesn't want to try to make them better?!? or who knows, maybe he can't?

*nothing against Daigle, he not only turned into an all-round player but is doing it with the best all-round team*

thestonedkoala

The thing about O'Sullivan is, he is willing to learn. He loved Lemaire and his training. His game will come around with Lemaire.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
thestonedkoala said:
The thing about O'Sullivan is, he is willing to learn. He loved Lemaire and his training. His game will come around with Lemaire.

I agree with the Lamaire factor, but Lamaire can't just be spending time with O'Sullivan teaching him how to be an all-round player, he has a team to run... and, if O'Sullivan is willing to learn, why hasn't thus far?
cuz he can't. Some players just dont have a complete game, and O'Sullivan doesn't and won't any time soon.

thestonedkoala

Actually O'Sullivan is learning what all Lemaire's players are learning good solid defense. O'Sullivan said when he came back from camp, he learned more in camp then he did in the OHL about defense and he started to play a little better not great. I mean I can see O'Sullivan being a bit like Kovalchuk.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
thestonedkoala said:
Actually O'Sullivan is learning what all Lemaire's players are learning good solid defense. O'Sullivan said when he came back from camp, he learned more in camp then he did in the OHL about defense and he started to play a little better not great. I mean I can see O'Sullivan being a bit like Kovalchuk.

He might of learned more from a camp with the likes of Lamaire then he will ever learn in the O, but he's offensive up-side (that is what everyone thinks will get him into the NHL) isn't close to the top prospects, and him having the offense that a Kovalchuk has is not only far fetched but also crazy. O'Sullivan's offense (which, again, is all he has) is not even close to alot of the kids coming up (I would put 50 or so guys better offensively before O'Sullivan)

thestonedkoala

I am not saying O'Sullivan is going to be half of what Kovalchuk is but he'll put up numbers especially on the Wild.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Charlie_Girl49 said:
Remember that you're dealing with an 18-year-old kid who stayed out too late with two friends (which, from what I gather, is the reason for all three to be suspended). Which of us hasn't done that? I give him credit for dealing with it professionally and stating that they made a mistake and are paying for it - end of story.

i thought he was sent home for stealing a synergy??

anyways, nothign will ever top his dad forging the papers when he was 13! :) way to go john! haha Is it true he got a restraining order on his own father?

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
O'Sullivan and the Minnesota Wild are a perfect fit for each other. O'Sullivan will be that great offensive player that compliments Gaborik, and Minnesota will teach him to play defense. I really think this kid will come along way in the next 2 years. I honestly believe that he will be a point-a-game player in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->