Patrick Nemeth (Nemo)

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dude’s a gamer. Does all he is asked to do and then some. Knows his limitations and plays within them. Any team getting him will be happy to have him as I sadly see him as the odd man out with all of Ty, Z, EJ Johnson, Mycar, TornadoBoy, BeardedOne etc

Reactions: Freudian and crue7

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
I've been a much bigger fan than most here so I'm glad to see him doing well

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Nemeth isn't going to come back and accept being #7th in the depth chart. When he's on his game he looks like a very solid #3/4, even when he's playing poorly, he's still a #6 defenseman.

Love the dude, but he isn't coming back here unless he trade someone else in the offseason.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Enjoying his contributions for the most part and hope he can continue to play well for a long playoff run, resulting in him getting a huge payday from somebody else as a UFA.
I feel the same way really. Really happy about his play during the show thus far. Keep bringing it and enjoy an even longer career Nemeth!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
He has been absolutely fantastic. Incredibly consistent. But he won't be re-signing here IMO. If Z stays the Avs' left side is G / Cole / Z. At best Nemeth is a #6 here, likely a #7...I think he'll want a likelier roster spot, and will probably get a decent 2-3 year offer from some team out there looking for a #5 who can play PK.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Dude’s a gamer. Does all he is asked to do and then some. Knows his limitations and plays within them. Any team getting him will be happy to have him as I sadly see him as the odd man out with all of Ty, Z, EJ Johnson, Mycar, TornadoBoy, BeardedOne etc

All he does is win? He's a baller? A shot caller?

Reactions: Ivan13

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Gotta change my avatar. I'll get on it if the Avs win the series

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
If you'd have asked me in January or Febuary?

But now? It's like he's undergone some sort of radical hypnosis.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He's been good in the playoffs, but he won't be on this team next year. It's fairly obvious.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
His performance right now is going to get him a nice payday from a team like the Avs of several season back, a team desperate for D that gets tricked into thinking he’s a potential top 4 solution. Not us anymore. I appreciate what he’s doing for us, and I’ll be happy for him when he gets his new deal July 1.

Reactions: Ryan Patsky

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
He started winning me over during that game (I can't remember who the opponent was) where he had several massive blocks in the closing seconds the secure a win. Dude just does whatever it takes out there in the defensive zone and is an excellent penalty killer. I'm now firmly of the opinion that if he's willing to take a reasonable deal you sign him and keep him as the 6th/7th defenseman and make the young guys outplay him to earn a spot on the roster. The fact is without him it's down to Cole, EJ and Zadorov to be the physical PK defensemen, and I don't like having only three players of depth in that category, especially come playoff time.

All that being said, I won't be too heartbroken if he leaves and I'll continue to cheer for him wherever he goes and hope if he leaves he gets a good deal on a good team and has a long career. Off the top of my head I think Toronto or Tampa would be an amazing place for him to carve out a spot as a bottom pair guy for the rest of his career.

Reactions: PAZ

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Not the ideal way to build a team but the amount of guys that have contributed as waiver wire pick ups is impressive.
Yeah Sakic did well there. Being the worst team in the league helps in that regard as you can just sit back and wait for teams that don't have the space to retain some of their pretty good players and need to send them down. Sakic was patient at the beginning of last season coming out of that really bad year. Being the first team on the waiver list until the end of Nov that year they did a good job identifying some guys that would be available. Once they did they put in a claim and scooped up pretty good pieces.

Reactions: MarkT

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
We'll see what his agent Claude Lemieux is up to.

My guess is the Avs wouldn't mind keeping him for depth but Nemeth getting a better deal somewhere else. A player like Nemeth when another defenseman gets injured would be impressive depth but costly.

Obviously a lot has to do with playoffs, you don't change a winning team if you don't have to.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We'll see what his agent Claude Lemieux is up to.

My guess is the Avs wouldn't mind keeping him for depth but Nemeth getting a better deal somewhere else.

Obviously a lot has to do with playoffs, you don't change a winning team if you don't have to.
He won't sign a 2-way deal, which means he'll be sitting in the press box any time we want to only run with 6 D.

He would also block any call ups, unless their were injuries.

I don't see the point.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
He won't sign a 2-way deal, which means he'll be sitting in the press box any time we want to only run with 6 D.

He would also block any call ups, unless their were injuries.

I don't see the point.

You are right, anyway, before this season I anticipated Nemeth would outplay Cole but he didn't. Both of them looking really good right now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad