Patrick McNeill of Saginaw Spirit in OHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
http://cgi.canoe.ca/Slam030502/chl_ohl-cp.html
as u can see he was choosen first overall in this past years OHL draft of 1987's.
He's a offensive defenseman
5'11", 180lbs, Shoots left and born 03-17-1987.

For being a first overall pic...I havn't heard nothing about him really at all?
Anyone got advice on possible draft position come the 2005 draft?
Anyone think that the Spirit choose the wrong person with that pick?

Any info would be nice!

61st in points by defensemen in the O
GP G A P PIM
57 3 11 14 28

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
SpItFiReZ said:
http://cgi.canoe.ca/Slam030502/chl_ohl-cp.html
as u can see he was choosen first overall in this past years OHL draft of 1987's.
He's a offensive defenseman
5'11", 180lbs, Shoots left and born 03-17-1987.

For being a first overall pic...I havn't heard nothing about him really at all?
Anyone got advice on possible draft position come the 2005 draft?
Anyone think that the Spirit choose the wrong person with that pick?

Any info would be nice!

61st in points by defensemen in the O
GP G A P PIM
57 3 11 14 28

He was actually no better that the Spirit's 5th choice for the top pick, after Spade, Cogliano, Ryan and Staal. The Spirit actually went on record in the media saying that they intended on drafting Spade, but a deal could not get done.

Personally, I don't consider him much of a high NHL draft prospect at this point. He is pretty solid but on the small side, and unlike a smaller OHL d-man like Daley (skating), he does nothing spectacularly well. I see him settling into a great OHL career in the mould of Rodney, Benoit, Campoli, Wideman, etc. All of these guys have had phenomenal junior careers which resulted in minimal NHL interest.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Juan said:
He was actually no better that the Spirit's 5th choice for the top pick, after Spade, Cogliano, Ryan and Staal. The Spirit actually went on record in the media saying that they intended on drafting Spade, but a deal could not get done.

Personally, I don't consider him much of a high NHL draft prospect at this point. He is pretty solid but on the small side, and unlike a smaller OHL d-man like Daley (skating), he does nothing spectacularly well. I see him settling into a great OHL career in the mould of Rodney, Benoit, Campoli, Wideman, etc. All of these guys have had phenomenal junior careers which resulted in minimal NHL interest.

I really like McNeill, I see NHL potential in him. He was very impressive for team Ontario at the U17s with his safe play and offensive instincs from the point.

Sticky*

oshawafan said:
Staal is the better defenseman if you ask me.

By quite a large margin I believe. The scary thing is Staal is still getting better and better, and bigger and bigger. A lot of skill. Saginaw should have picked him first. Then they would have had two best friends on the team (Pyatt and Staal).

choda32

Mar 17, 2004
i think he will defiantly have a better season next year ... the was ona horrible team , but htey have alot of youth,(mc'neill, pyatt, asselin, and crowder ) are all 87's and they had 4 or 5 86's ( one i can think of is jean-michael risk, that was suspose to be a top prospect but is having an off year. i think that who ever drafts this kid this year will get a quality player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad