Player Discussion: Patrick Maroon

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Our cap situation is rather dire.

The only way I can see him staying is if we move Paquette's salary and give him 2-3 years term. I then envision Stephens replacing Paquette.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Would Bobby Ryan be an option if we can't sign Marron? Not sure he anything left after coming out of rehab.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Would Bobby Ryan be an option if we can't sign Marron? Not sure he anything left after coming out of rehab.
As soon as I saw the buyout announcement, I thought of him. The issue with him is if he doesn't mesh with the top-6 or bring any kind of threat on the PP, what do you do with him? He doesn't scream effective energy-liner.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

I'd rather have Maroon. Ryan's wrists are made out of glass. I don't dislike the guy either. It's just that we've got enough injury problems as it is and he's not gonna fix a need. If we offered him a 2 year deal he'd probably sign tomorrow for the fact he wouldn't have to move for the 4th time since 2017-2018. There's a REALLY good chance Killer and Paq just played their last game for us. Trust me. We can find some money under the couch for the big guy.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019
He is slow and a plug how many teams has he played for. The only reason he is in Tampa bay is because he is Jon Coopers friend. He acted like an idiot at the celebration the other night. Trade Stamkos

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He is slow and a plug how many teams has he played for. The only reason he is in Tampa bay is because he is Jon Coopers friend. He acted like an idiot at the celebration the other night. Trade Stamkos
Wow talk about a hot take. Maroon was tremendous along the boards and in front of the net. Just like Goodrow he was a big part of our success. Just because he doesn’t pot 10 goals in a playoff run doesn’t mean he’s a plug.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Wow talk about a hot take. Maroon was tremendous along the boards and in front of the net. Just like Goodrow he was a big part of our success. Just because he doesn’t pot 10 goals in a playoff run doesn’t mean he’s a plug.

I hope we get maroon to stay for another one year deal at 1 million give him 100 k raise but we probably can’t even offer him that

Reactions: Ginger Papa

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Great teammate. Good at screening the goalie. Cant skate for shit. Cant really hit anyone because he cant catch them. But he's strong on the puck behind the net if it finds him. I'd keep him for another 1 yr at 1m or less I guess....but mainly for him being a good teamate not for his play on the ice.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Great teammate. Good at screening the goalie. Cant skate for shit. Cant really hit anyone because he cant catch them. But he's strong on the puck behind the net if it finds him. I'd keep him for another 1 yr at 1m or less I guess....but mainly for him being a good teamate not for his play on the ice.

His play is fine for what we'd pay him. A 20-something point character player who checks hard and opens cans of whoop ass. He's one of the better guys you're gonna find who doesn't produce much and plays a role. He made us an absolute pain in the ass to play against.

Low-key is he is borderline elite at screening goaltenders.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Many here are underrating Maroon. His efficiency on the boards was incredible. And go back and watch how many of our playoff goals were scored because of him screening the goalie or winning a puck battle down low. There were several - Shatty's Game 4 OT comes to mind. He had a role and played it perfectly. I hope we can resign him for a similar number for another run.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

It really depends on Maroon. Teams are going to want this guy to see if he can make it 3 in 3. I would love to keep him, but he might be leaving millions on the table to do it.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
It really depends on Maroon. Teams are going to want this guy to see if he can make it 3 in 3. I would love to keep him, but he might be leaving millions on the table to do it.

No way teams are offering him millions.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Somebody is gonna offer him more than 2. If there's two years on that, it's millions more than we're gonna offer.

I just don't see it. It's possible obviously but I think the league is looking for more speed/skill than he brings. That said, I would like him to sign with us for another 1-2 years at the same 900k per year or so. Preferably less.

upload_2020-10-7_21-15-29.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad