Speculation: Patrick Marleau

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Do the lightning still have interest in Patrick marleau ? What deal would you be willing to offer if you are Stevie yzerman ? Matt Carle and Bret connolly and tb 1st round draft pick in 2015 ?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We will see will they keep both Joe and pat ? I think the redwings got to make a move for one of these guys. Its interesting because Tampa and the redwings have the prospects the sharks are looking for.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We will see will they keep both Joe and pat ? I think the redwings got to make a move for one of these guys. Its interesting because Tampa and the redwings have the prospects the sharks are looking for.

I think if anyone moves is Joe but dont think even before season starts. I also don't think they should do anything myself. They over reacted to a loss in playoffs. They just have to play better. Their goalie let them down and he is a good goalie but happens. Happened to Roy one year than he beat the wings 2 or 3 times.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I have no idea why the Sharks are sort of panicking. They have one of the best teams.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yes I agree they have some good kids! I agree with Robert injuries on defense and goalie let them down. To dump Joe and pat is just stupid you never get full value for star players. When we played at San Jose they crushed us!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yes I agree they have some good kids! I agree with Robert injuries on defense and goalie let them down. To dump Joe and pat is just stupid you never get full value for star players. When we played at San Jose they crushed us!

they crushed LA and than goalie had a four game or three game tank.

That has happened to every goalie in history of this sport probably. It came at a bad time. They were on fire than nothing could go right. The goalie who is dammed good was abysmal.

They need to play it out this year see if can play like did and get good goaltending. Imho they should have won the cup. Yet ive seen stuff like this in past a hot goalie changing a series etc.. If I was them I would try to add one two players upgrades but would hold the line. They were really good and as close as ever been last year. Get good goaltending like have for years they win the cup. The guy has won a cup. Sometimes words of a shake up can be enough. Sometimes the pain of not getting it done is enough etc..

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
they crushed LA and than goalie had a four game or three game tank.

That has happened to every goalie in history of this sport probably. It came at a bad time. They were on fire than nothing could go right. The goalie who is dammed good was abysmal.

They need to play it out this year see if can play like did and get good goaltending. Imho they should have won the cup. Yet ive seen stuff like this in past a hot goalie changing a series etc.. If I was them I would try to add one two players upgrades but would hold the line. They were really good and as close as ever been last year. Get good goaltending like have for years they win the cup. The guy has won a cup. Sometimes words of a shake up can be enough. Sometimes the pain of not getting it done is enough etc..

Let's give credit to LA who stormed back! San Jose and LA are both really good teams. You need luck to win the cup bounces to also go your way.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Brewer + Killorn + 2016 2nd is all I'd offer. Brewer would have to be in any deal for cap reasons because I can't see us moving Carle or Garrison before him.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Brewer + Killorn + 2016 2nd is all I'd offer. Brewer would have to be in any deal for cap reasons because I can't see us moving Carle or Garrison before him.

If thAt was the deal Stevie yzerman would have marleau by now! I doubt the sharks take that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If thAt was the deal Stevie yzerman would have marleau by now! I doubt the sharks take that.

That's fine we don't need him anyway. We are tight against the cap and adding a 35 year old with a 6.6million cap isn't the best way to go. If we make a trade I hope we move out more cap then we take so we have flexibility during the season and at the deadline for moves.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He wants to stay in San Jose, and he has a full NMC. But if he wants to leave then there is a chance, but it's more like one in a million though.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
The Sharks won't want Carle back as part of a Marleau trade, and Yzerman won't be sending Filppula, Callahan, Stamkos, or Hedman back so not sure how it could happen financially.

I also don't think the Sharks are overreacting to choking away this one series this year as much as acknowledging a repeated inability to get it done when it matters most despite how great they've been otherwise.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
The Sharks won't want Carle back as part of a Marleau trade

Why not? Carle's position would be their biggest need and with him they would would've one of the best top4 defence in the league. And most likely would be that for next 3-4 years. But TB wouldnt do that anyway so no worries!

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Kopitar won that series by himself, and SJ fell apart like a house of cards when their offense choked against him and their depleted D couldn't handle their depth for extended time, so they really don't 'need' to get rid of Joe and Pat, but there needs to be some changes, like a new coach, or something else to get them rolling.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I had second thoughts on Marleau and they ring true now as SJ will likely want one or both of our 1st round picks. Its going to be a great draft and who knows what the NYR are going to do? Keep the picks and just keep building.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad