Patrick Marleau - Magic Tricks

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Enough is enough. The guy is done.
There is no way Dubas doesn't ask him to leave. We cannot afford him next year, not in this cap situation we are going to face.

Even if there was no cap at all, this guy is just simply useless anymore.

How would you solve this problem? What do you think?

Reactions: saffronleaf

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think prior to the contract there was definitely some discussion that he would be traded for that 3rd year. So im sure he's well aware of it and would waive. I definitely see a lot of teams being interested considering his actual salary is only 1.25. My guess is they get as many proposals as possible and then give Marleau the option of where he would like to be traded

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
If Lou was here he would already be in Robidas island. I don't know how Lou was able to work that magic.

I don't think Dubas has the power Lou once did, he can't just throw Lupul on an island like Lou did against his will

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
He's got nothing left.

One saving grace was that last year I thought his play was dwindling down and then he played great in the playoffs.

So maybe he'll have a decent push in the playoffs? It's hard to count on that though given how bad he's been. Messes up routine plays to get the puck out of the zone...too slow on the forecheck...not strong enough on the boards. It's sad to watch.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Can we clone Nylander and put him in exchange for Marleau?
Actually no, he will provide leadership by saying "good job kid" and it doesn't matter how bad he plays, the "good job kid" is the only thing he needs to do.
He can be as terrible as he wants,
"good job kid, good job kid" is essential.
:yo:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If Lou was here he would already be in Robidas island. I don't know how Lou was able to work that magic.

I don't think Dubas has the power Lou once did, he can't just throw Lupul on an island like Lou did against his will

No magic, really. Robidas and Lupul had injuries even prior to becoming Leafs, and haven't played since their contracts ended. Marleau is approaching an ironman streak spanning nearly a decade long.

Reactions: Mork

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
On pace for the lowest scoring season of his career. He had a strong playoffs last year so here’s hoping he can pull things together again when the time comes.

He shouldn’t be in the top 9 next year though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
On pace for the lowest scoring season of his career. He had a strong playoffs last year so here’s hoping he can pull things together again when the time comes.

He shouldn’t be in the top 9 next this year though.

Fixed that for you :laugh:

Probably wouldn't mind him on the fourth line but he just doesn't have an impact in the top 9 these days .. Hopefully he's saving himself for the playoffs because this could be his last chance at cup.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
14G, 35P... while providing invaluable leadership off-ice for our young guys.

Why does Nylander bring again? (5G and 17P)
anchors are really good at holding down boats, but when you need the boat to go you can't have an anchor dragging behind it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->