Speculation: Patrick Marleau discussion Part II

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Do the Leafs pay his bonus if he's bought out before July 1, or does the buying out team pay his bonus?

If Marleau is getting bought out, it happens before June 30th.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
wtf... patty is gonna be back next year?? f*** that. the guys an absolute bum. not even an AHLer at this point. he's legit playing like he wants his HOF status revoked.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
wtf... patty is gonna be back next year?? f*** that. the guys an absolute bum. not even an AHLer at this point. he's legit playing like he wants his HOF status revoked.

Loool what HOF status. Marleau is a disapointment for a 2nd over all pick. His career averages out to 57 pts/82 games. He is one overrated player who is known best these days for his playoff chokes with the sharks and for his iron man streak.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Loool what HOF status. Marleau is a disapointment for a 2nd over all pick. His career averages out to 57 pts/82 games. He is one overrated player who is known best these days for his playoff chokes with the sharks and for his iron man streak.

I generally like Marleau and what he's achieved throughout his career, but having him come into help forge the identity of the young Leaf core seemed like a weird one to me. Going as far back as draft day he was labeled a very skilled guy who lacked intensity. That's literally been his reputation his whole career and is the defect on the entire San Jose experiment 1997-Present.

Reactions: IPS

kb

Aug 28, 2009
It’s not that I want to complain about the roster, I just want the roster to improve so this team can contend.

If he had Steckel, Bozak or Boyle he would have used them, but he didn’t.... I would have done the same thing when half my team looked indifferent. You know your guy is better than 20% and believe in him to go get the next one.

Anyone else that’s never coached before wanna take a swing? :laugh:
Truth be told, I'm still waiting for Babcock to actually coach.

Bozak was worse than any current C on the PK.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
So the leafs are keeping Marleau's 6.6 cap hit for next year, AND signing Marner to a 11-12 million aav, eh?

Can someone explain to me how on earth that's even within the realm of possibility?

Reactions: Devonator

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe we can still send him to Robidas Island or something? I don't want him playing a shift for Toronto next season. His spot is better used on a younger, hungrier player.
lmao 100% not happening with Babcock coaching next year.

Don't see him developing any degenerative back disease anytime soon either.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
So the leafs are keeping Marleau's 6.6 cap hit for next year, AND signing Marner to a 11-12 million aav, eh?

Can someone explain to me how on earth that's even within the realm of possibility?

Thinking you would have to be involved in the Leafs boardroom meetings with Shanny, Dubas, etc to know the team's direction, no use stressing, they got it figured out ;)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
lmao 100% not happening with Babcock coaching next year.

Don't see him developing any degenerative back disease anytime soon either.

Gee, I really can't wait to watch 40 year old Marleau playing 15 minutes a night and on the 2nd PP unit that is splitting time with our top unit. Christ.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Gee, I really can't wait to watch 40 year old Marleau playing 15 minutes a night and on the 2nd PP unit that is splitting time with our top unit. Christ.
Yup this offseason is truly taken a turn for the worst :laugh:

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015

You forgot the ~81m cap instead of 83m. Thanks again Lou.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Hard ball. Telling him to expand his destination list or he will rot with the Leafs. He overplayed his hand with his family already moving out west
He will rot where ever he is, he can't play hockey any longer. The classy thing would be to come to camp with a "real sore hip" and go on LTIR back home in Cali.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The smart thing would be to watch Marner, Tavares, Matthews, Nylander play 18-20 mins a night and on the #1 PP ... but that hurts the anti-coach whine eh lol

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

They are going to dress 10 FWDs and 5 D men and fill the rest with those one day contracts like when your backup goalie is hurt and need to call someone for backup

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They are going to dress 10 FWDs and 5 D men and fill the rest with those one day contracts like when your backup goalie is hurt and need to call someone for backup

Don’t laugh....if Matthews, Marner or Tavares get a real day to day injury they may be forced to put them on the 10 day IR to bring in a replacement player.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The smart thing would be to watch Marner, Tavares, Matthews, Nylander play 18-20 mins a night and on the #1 PP ... but that hurts the anti-coach whine eh lol
If Kadri stays, JT, Matthews and Kadri needs to PK like any other 1C out there.
Then just fill the 4th with league Minimum and ELC players

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pierre Lebrun wrote an article on The Athletic. His notebook thing.

Says he thinks part of Dubas saying Marleau could be back was a media ploy, essentially trying to get teams to drop their price.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad