Patrick Lauder out as official anthem singer, (Update: Now named "Anthem Singer Emeritus")

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I liked Patrick as a singer , he never tried to overdo it like others do .. I think he could lower the key by 1/2 a step tho

In any case , 75% of the games I watch , they dont show the anthems anyway ... If the Yotes can use this as a marketing tool .. then by all means go for it .

Reactions: Matias Maccete

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Let me know after the first few weeks in the season how bad the singers are.
He already only did like, maybe, a quarter of the games already. And I get a kick out of bad anthem singers anyways. Nice comedic relief to chuckle about at the start of the game. Honestly, I sometimes prefer a bad anthem singer because it gives you something to chit chat about.

No one ever talks about a good anthem the next morning, only the bad ones get remembered. Probably why I couldn't have told you this dude's name if it wasn't on the title of this thread.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I liked Patrick as a singer , he never tried to overdo it like others do .. I think he could lower the key by 1/2 a step tho

In any case , 75% of the games I watch , they dont show the anthems anyway ... If the Yotes can use this as a marketing tool .. then by all means go for it .
Anybody over here remember Paulina Gretzky sing the anthem as a teenager? That’s the problem with using this as a marketing tool.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is the sort of completely reasonable and logical posting that the team wants to enable. You should apply for a press pass so you can reach more people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosby

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I will miss Patrick Lauder, but my main concern is the quality of the product going forward. For those who attend few or no games, I understand how this would be a total nonstarter. For those of us who go to games, the anthem is a table setter. So much was posted about a theme song (Welcome to the Jungle, etc.) a while back. The anthem is no different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad