Patrick Laine: “I Can’t Play Hockey Anymore”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
At this point I think “O-dog” must just be playing a character for tv/radio.

I mean, a person can’t actually be that much of a tool, right? ..... right?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Correct translation of "Alla on sellainen kausi, että en jaksa peliäkään jääkiekkoa enää,"

Would be closer to "After a season like this, I can't really bear with ice hockey" Enää/enään does literally mean no longer, but it is not necessarily used as such in speech. I'd interpret it like right now. Like other players who say that right now I can't think about ice hockey, I am too upset about how the season went.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
At this point I think “O-dog” must just be playing a character for tv/radio.

I mean, a person can’t actually be that much of a tool, right? ..... right?

He plays the classic troll character we see on HF boards. O-Dog is suppose to be vocal and annoying unlike Ray Ferraro who is reasonable and level headed; the perfect counter balance.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Correct translation of "Alla on sellainen kausi, että en jaksa peliäkään jääkiekkoa enää,"

Would be closer to "After a season like this, I can't really bear with ice hockey" Enää/enään does literally mean no longer, but it is not necessarily used as such in speech. I'd interpret it like right now. Like other players who say that right now I can't think about ice hockey, I am too upset about how the season went.

Exactly - he couldn't bear another game of ice hockey this season. Gosh.

Reactions: banks and Bearr

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
He was saying that about playing in the world championship games.

I doubt he thinks he's done, but we will see if he can bounce back. If he can't rise above his current level then I can see him hanging it up.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street

I am sure all of us can appreciate how he is feeling. It’s been a crappy year with covid and the social isolation. That takes its toll. He is human like all of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I've never seen this show, but based on this clip those three hosts brought nothing to the conversation. Does anyone watch and enjoy these guys?

AyyLmao

May 12, 2021
Edmonton
He plays the classic troll character we see on HF boards. O-Dog is suppose to be vocal and annoying unlike Ray Ferraro who is reasonable and level headed; the perfect counter balance.
I disagree. He’s not a villain but more along the lines of a fake news expert, conspiracy theorist and propagandist like Alex Jones and Glen Beck. That goes along with almost every other leafs reporter. Those people lead the charge into the grandiose delusion that the leafs are the best thing and have been since 1967. Their viewpoints directly lead to many silly hot takes seen on here and on many other platforms. As for the thread, you don’t really like Laine as a player but I can understand his views as just had a frustrating season and would want to take time to recharge and be ready for next season.

Reactions: TS Quint

slikki

Nov 16, 2016

And also it was said when asked if he wanna play finlands national team this year

Reactions: mattihp

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I disagree. He’s not a villain but more along the lines of a fake news expert, conspiracy theorist and propagandist like Alex Jones and Glen Beck. That goes along with almost every other leafs reporter. Those people lead the charge into the grandiose delusion that the leafs are the best thing and have been since 1967. Their viewpoints directly lead to many silly hot takes seen on here and on many other platforms. As for the thread, you don’t really like Laine as a player but I can understand his views as just had a frustrating season and would want to take time to recharge and be ready for next season.

They are not wrong.

AyyLmao

May 12, 2021
Edmonton
They are not wrong.
0A2AA9EF-0B43-4A23-B729-7CD4394D5D4B.jpeg

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I can't stand Jeff O'Neill. He thinks he's the most clever guy in the room. He clearly has no idea what he's talking about ever.

if it makes you feel better....

Jeff O Neil also called the Sedins p***y's.

He then loses his gold medal he won at the 95 World Juniors IN VANCOUVER.

asks Mckenzie to reach out to the people of Vancouver for help.

Justice served.

Reactions: inactive user

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
clickbait title

listened to the first bit, it's clear Ray Ferraro thinks like a normal person and understands where Laine was coming from, there really isn't much to discuss, Ferraro basically explained it in 2 minutes.
Yep. Ferraro explained it so well I stopped the video there. The 3 guys are just looking for clickbait titles

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I've never seen this show, but based on this clip those three hosts brought nothing to the conversation. Does anyone watch and enjoy these guys?

O’Neill is a loudmouth troll; McLennan a career backup turned well-spoken but not particularly insightful analyst; and that other guy is just a typical media goober who parrots the opinions of others.

So no, not really :laugh:
Ray is definitely worth listening to though

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Ferraro is great as always. The other guys are either dumb or just act stupid for attention. O'Neill especially offers nothing except hot takes.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Laine can do it, still has one of the best shots in the league. Laine overrates himself because he is terrible defensively but can be awesome offensively if he's with the right line. He never understood Winnipeg was as good as it got. I'd love him back in Winnipeg personally though, just would want him to take a pay cut.

I mean Dubois has been good, but he takes so... many penalties. He's a more complete hockey player than Laine is.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
He also stated in the exact same interview that he will stay in Columbus for a while after the season working with the team, then come to Finland and practice with Barkov later in the summer, like he did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad