Patrick Kane

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
He's good...I would compare him to a better Bryan Gionta...small, quick, shifty...

He just have gamebreaking abilities. I don't think his size will be a concern. Maybe come playoffs time, he will have some difficulties, but with his speed and talent, he should be all right. His hands are phenomenal, and that's one of the reason that many teams will not like to play against him...

He should be the first pick of the draft at this point, and IMO, he or JVR will become the best player of the draft.

ATrain24

Apr 25, 2007
Ottawa
He's good...I would compare him to a better Bryan Gionta...small, quick, shifty...

He just have gamebreaking abilities. I don't think his size will be a concern. Maybe come playoffs time, he will have some difficulties, but with his speed and talent, he should be all right. His hands are phenomenal, and that's one of the reason that many teams will not like to play against him...

He should be the first pick of the draft at this point, and IMO, he or JVR will become the best player of the draft.

good hands but he will be scared especially with some 230lb volchenkovs and beachemins coming in..he is 160 and that is weak...id like to see him at 180 and he will do well...eattttttttttt

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think he's much more creative offensively than Brian Gionta. He's more of a Martin St. Louis, but with better hands.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
From what I've seen, he's almost a carbon copy of Mike Cammallari at the same age. Big talent, but some of the comparisons seem a bit hyperbolic. 'St. Louis with better hands'? Good grief.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
From what I've seen, he's almost a carbon copy of Mike Cammallari at the same age. Big talent, but some of the comparisons seem a bit hyperbolic. 'St. Louis with better hands'? Good grief.

What do you mean good grief? I saw St. Louis at Vermont, I've seen Kane coming up with the USNTDP team and with London. Kane has better hands. I'm not saying he will definately be a more productive pro, but I think he is farther along at the same age, and will have a more profound impact earlier in his career.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Great hands and agility...will get his points--BUT lousey defensively --willnever be a good back-checker though he may "Learn" better defensive zone coverage for anticipation/pass interceptions...yes,though he's a winger not a centre,a Pat Laofontaine type is appropriate comparison---will get points,but couldn't check his grandmother...

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
There is a search button at the top, I'm sure this has been discussed 50 times already.

So for the 50th time, Kane's game mires Pavel Datysuk's game the most.

jreid19

May 8, 2007
Great hands and agility...will get his points--BUT lousey defensively --willnever be a good back-checker though he may "Learn" better defensive zone coverage for anticipation/pass interceptions...yes,though he's a winger not a centre,a Pat Laofontaine type is appropriate comparison---will get points,but couldn't check his grandmother...

If you knew anything about the kid, you wouldn't have written that. Get off Turris' sack for a few minutes then post. Besides with a name like like "hawksfans50" you should be happy with any guy that could come in straight away and help that organization.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I haven't seen alot of Kane but man is he small. Listed ar 5'10 160lbs comming in to the draft. I'm a little suprised that that doesn't throw up red flags. He better have a Theo Fleury type game on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad