Patrick Kane, quietly trudging along

MapleLeafs94

So then I said...
Nov 18, 2016
100% agreed, when it all goes down.

only other that may surpass that is Matthews but that will wait many years

also Kane has been ahead of Crosby PPG wise since 2014

I'm a Leafs fan I don't think he'll surpass Kane points wise which will make it tough for him, although he is a center, better defensively and better goal scorer. Matthews needs some hardware too. I can see Matthews winning 2-3 rockets before it's all said and done which should put him in the discussion. An Art Ross will be tough for Matthews considering his style of play and he doesn't pile up many assists, and with a dominating force in McDavid around it won't be easy. Anyways, moral of the story is Mstthews has a long road ahead of him and it won't be easy, but he certainly has the potential to go down as the best American player.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Crow

May 19, 2014
Oh, probably. It just wouldn't be deserved.

I said he "shouldn't" be, not he "wouldn't" be.
I read what you said. He certainly should be in the discussion at this point of the season with about 4 other players.

Why shouldn’t he? You can search the thread for several reasons why he is and should be. Let’s hear some reasons.

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
I read what you said. He certainly should be in the discussion at this point of the season with about 4 other players.

Why shouldn’t he? You can search the thread for several reasons why he is and should be. Let’s hear some reasons.
Because he hasn't been good enough. Mcdavid is twice as valuable as him. Offensively they're close to parity. However, Mcdavid has been good defensively whereas Kane has been poor.

I'm fully aware that many posters here disregard forward defense. Therefore, it's understandable that they believe Kane should be in the running for the Hart; he's been superb offensively.

Last edited:

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Not the fastest guy out there but it's something about the way he skates and puts it all together that makes him so fun to watch

Crazy that he's 32, he plays like he's 24

Wouldn't it be crazy if berating cab drivers was the fountain of youth...:sarcasm::sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Amazinmets73

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Because he hasn't been good enough. Mcdavid is twice as valuable as him. Offensively they're close to parity. However, Mcdavid has been good defensively whereas Kane has been poor.

I'm fully aware that many posters here disregard forward defensive. Therefore, it's understandable that they believe Kane should be in the running for the Hart; he's been superb offensively.

McDavid is good defensively? In what universe?

Crow

May 19, 2014
McDavid is good defensively? In what universe?
Supposedly he has improved some this year according to some but throughout his career he has been poor by every metric I’ve seen. Actually one of the worst forwards in the league for the last 3 years according to many analysts. Even if you want to argue those points, no one would call him good defensively yet other than fanboys.

I could be convinced he is improving, will continue to, and eventually become average at some point. He is not there yet.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's so immensely fake snobby to put an insane amount of emphasis on defense when comparing elite scoring forwards.

Kane has dramatically outscored any perceived defensive shortcomings his entire career. He's continuing to do so this year.

Amazinmets73

Dec 1, 2015
It's so immensely fake snobby to put an insane amount of emphasis on defense when comparing elite scoring forwards.

Kane has dramatically outscored any perceived defensive shortcomings his entire career. He's continuing to do so this year.
An elite offensive forward being good defensively or being poor is significant. It can be the difference between being a good player and the best player in the world.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
An elite offensive forward being good defensively or being poor is significant. It can be the difference between being a good player and the best player in the world.

No. It can be the difference between being the best player in the world and maybe the 7th best player in the world, especially when you're talking about wings.

And all of this relies on you being right about who is good at defense and by what degree, so it's all pretty questionable.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Mr. Predictable ... can't give a shout out to Kaner without crapping on Toews. Your hatred for JT knows no bounds.
And Kaner is having an awesome year!
Exactly, Toews has been just as important part of the team he just brings a different skill set but Kane is definitely still elite

Reactions: Muffinalt

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Sure, Toews has been important.

As much though? No
Yes .. clearly as much. Take off the "I hate Toews" glasses just for a few minutes and take a real look.
They are different but equally important players to the success the Blackhawks have experienced over their run.
I've said it before but I liken them to Arthur and Lancelot. The Leader/Warrior and the Artist/Lover
The only thing that can be said now is that Kaner may have the longer more productive career. Due more to the fact Toews has travelled tougher miles playing C than Kane with his uncanny ability to avoid body contact ... ever.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON

Defense is half the game. It matters. A lot.

(Not a statement about Kane or any other forward.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->