Value of: Patrick Kane & Duncan Keith

Necrobutcher

Sep 20, 2018
Tampere, Finland
It's pretty likely that the Hawks will not make the playoffs this season. It wasn't looking too good earlier and losing Toews and Dach was a huge blow. I really think they should trade them and start a proper rebuild. Kane has a 10,5m caphit so the major contenders would probably out of the question but i'm pretty sure there's gonna be a couple of surprise teams in the playoffs and teams like Florida, Arizona etc could deal with it.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The Hawks will probably not be a contender for several years and trading Kane while he is still at the top of his game would be a big help in the rebuild. The Hawks have one open slot to retain salary so the best deal they could get for Kane would be by retaining 50% so the team acquiring him would get him for $5.25M for 3 seasons (including 2021). Kane is still a top-5 RW in the league at for $5.25M he would be bargain.

What could they get for him? I don't know but they should be able to get a top prospect and a 1st, especially if they take back salary to offset Kane's $5.25M AAV.

Reactions: Pertti

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
The Hawks will probably not be a contender for several years and trading Kane while he is still at the top of his game would be a big help in the rebuild. The Hawks have one open slot to retain salary so the best deal they could get for Kane would be by retaining 50% so the team acquiring him would get him for $5.25M for 3 seasons (including 2021). Kane is still a top-5 RW in the league at for $5.25M he would be bargain.

What could they get for him? I don't know but they should be able to get a top prospect and a 1st, especially if they take back salary to offset Kane's $5.25M AAV.

Calgary's top prospect(Pelletier vs Valimaki),1st 21, 2nd 22,2nd 23 and Ryan for Kane at 7M

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Tyler Johnson/Killorn, 2022 1st, Raddysh/Katchouk, Foote/ABB for Kane @50% retained

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Kane at 30% retained + taking back a short term 1-2 year cap dump would fetch a return worth trading for . Top end prospect 1st round pick and a B prospect or young top 9 forward / 4 D i could see him fetching

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
It's pretty likely that the Hawks will not make the playoffs this season. It wasn't looking too good earlier and losing Toews and Dach was a huge blow. I really think they should trade them and start a proper rebuild. Kane has a 10,5m caphit so the major contenders would probably out of the question but i'm pretty sure there's gonna be a couple of surprise teams in the playoffs and teams like Florida, Arizona etc could deal with it.

Arizona has no draft picks, nor a deep pool of prospects to trade. Simply a bad fit for what Chicago would want in return.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Nothing short of getting back a young lesser replacement star, top end prospect and a 1st in normal times, and even in these times it's Patrick Kane you're talking about. You're not getting him at a discount.

Put it this way, Erik Karlsson when he wanted out yielded Tierney (top 6/ fringe top 9 C), DeMelo (top 4 RHD), Josh Norris (top 6 C prospect), Balcers (idk him very well), 1st, 2nd and couple conditional picks. Pat Kane has to at least be in that echelon of generational talent and the yield will be similar (wouldn't it be interesting if a former Central division team e.g. Columbus or St Louis ponied up the assets to acquire a former rival).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Value drastically increases if Hawks retain that much, I imagine a huge bidding war for Kane at that price. I definitely think Buffalo gets in on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Team Cozens

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Would love to see Kane in MTL. But I expect the price to be way too high for my liking.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
The only way Kane or Keith go anywhere is if they want to.
I truly believe that Kane and Toews(if he is healthy enough to continue his career) never want to play anywhere else. I do not believe that Kane would waive his NMC and I think he's going to want to re-sign with the Hawks for a lesser amount at the end of his deal. There is a rumor that he's eternally grateful for the Hawks sticking by him through all of his immature antics early in his career. The cabbie incident, the drunken partying, a whole bunch of other things. They stood by him when he was falsely accused of sexual assault, when public pressure was at the point that they suggested he should be traded in the aftermath, even though the allegations were proven false. At the time, because of his past behavior, There was a large segment of fans that did not believe he was innocent. Kane took off as a player afterward, even though his teammates best years were behind them.

Kane and his gf are starting a family now, and I think he truly believes Chicago is his home. The only way he goes anywhere else is if the Hawks don't want him, and that's a hard thing to do to a franchise legend like Kane, especially with the franchise history. If Rocky Wirtz wants to show that he's not like his father, he should respect Kane's wishes. #88 has earned that right. He should leave the Hawks on his terms. The Hawks have a long history of mistreating franchise legends, so it's imperative that they handle Kane differently. What's tough is the timing of this rebuild. Balancing keeping Kane around and building the next winner is going to be hard. The salary cap complicates things, but the Hawks should try their best to keep Kane around as long as he wants to be here.....I hope they don't have to make the tough decision to allow Kane to leave against his wishes.

Last edited:

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Kane at full price for Denisenko + Tippett + Duclair + 1st ‘21 + 2nd ‘22 + Connolly

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Colour me interest from Vancouvers standpoint.

A first and a prospect is the asking price, with salary concerns? I mean...yeah, there will be 31 teams after Kane for that.

Podkolzin and an unconditional first with Myers for Kane at 50% retained? Or that with Eriksson retained to 4.5 million for Kane with no retention?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I’m definitely not one of those fans who is really willing to move Willy as I think he’s underrated and given a bad reputation eve though a large portion of his production comes from in tight, but this presents an interesting opportunity. Kane is from nearby Buffalo so the whole uprooting family issue isn’t as big of a deal as say going to Denver or Calgary or Carolina for example. I’m pretty sure the upgrade from Willy to Kane would really make the Leafs top end really elite, and make them true contenders. Running out a duo of Matthews-Marner then Tavares-Kane for 45+ mins a game will give opposing teams nightmares, not to mention Kane has been there three times and would be able to provide that top end guy who’s been there before. Meanwhile for the Hawks reuniting the Nylander boys in Chicago might be an interesting thing for their rebuild, and I think Willy might be the best piece offered in any sort of deal, especially seeing the crap being presented so far... Nylander+Dermott+Engvall++?
for
Kane @50% + Murphy
Work out what needs to be added on what side to appease everyone but there’s the bones of a blockbuster.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I truly believe that Kane and Toews(if he is healthy enough to continue his career) never want to play anywhere else. I do not believe that Kane would waive his NMC and I think he's going to want to re-sign with the Hawks for a lesser amount at the end of his deal. There is a rumor that he's eternally grateful for the Hawks sticking by him through all of his immature antics early in his career. The cabbie incident, the drunken partying, a whole bunch of other things. They stood by him when he was falsely accused of sexual assault, when public pressure was at the point that they suggested he should be traded in the aftermath, even though the allegations were proven false. At the time, because of his past behavior, There was a large segment of fans that did not believe he was innocent. Kane took off as a player afterward, even though his teammates best years were behind them.

Kane and his gf are starting a family now, and I think he truly believes Chicago is his home. The only way he goes anywhere else is if the Hawks don't want him, and that's a hard thing to do to a franchise legend like Kane, especially with the franchise history. If Rocky Wirtz wants to show that he's not like his father, he should respect Kane's wishes. #88 has earned that right. He should leave the Hawks on his terms. The Hawks have a long history of mistreating franchise legends, so it's imperative that they handle Kane differently. What's tough is the timing of this rebuild. Balancing keeping Kane around and building the next winner is going to be hard. The salary cap complicates things, but the Hawks should try their best to keep Kane around as long as he wants to be here.....I hope they don't have to make the tough decision to allow Kane to leave.
Kane has told friends in WNY he'd likeo finish out in Buffalo, or so the talk around Orchard Park goes. And those guys are his childhood chums, so who knows.
I don't think Buffalo wants to give up any top end assets though.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Kane has told friends in WNY he'd likeo finish out in Buffalo, or so the talk around Orchard Park goes. And those guys are his childhood chums, so who knows.
I don't think Buffalo wants to give up any top end assets though.

Hall Eichel Kane...GROSS. At least Buffalo fans would be able to quit moaning about Eichels wingers....

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com

Kane and his gf are starting a family now, and I think he truly believes Chicago is his home. The only way he goes anywhere else is if the Hawks don't want him, and that's a hard thing to do to a franchise legend like Kane, especially with the franchise history. If Rocky Wirtz wants to show that he's not like his father, he should respect Kane's wishes. #88 has earned that right. He should leave the Hawks on his terms. The Hawks have a long history of mistreating franchise legends, so it's imperative that they handle Kane differently. What's tough is the timing of this rebuild. Balancing keeping Kane around and building the next winner is going to be hard. The salary cap complicates things, but the Hawks should try their best to keep Kane around as long as he wants to be here.....I hope they don't have to make the tough decision to allow Kane to leave.

Somebody who gets it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad