Injury Report: Patrick Eaves - Cleared to Play

zombi

I D D Q D
Dec 27, 2010
Michigan
Do we really think he'll play Saturday?

I feel like it might be better that he gets a week or two in the Griffins before coming back to the big club.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Do we really think he'll play Saturday?

I feel like it might be better that he gets a week or two in the Griffins before coming back to the big club.

Griffins sounds like a good idea to me. I'd peg him as 13th forward otherwise. Behind Miller for now, but ahead of Mursak and Emmerton. Helm obviously out.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Good news to me. Always liked Eaves was happy when he became a Wing. Just stinks he's been injury plagued a bit... I thought he was really good on the PK last year prior to injury him and Miller have some good chemistry

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Lets pretend Bertuzzi has a 50 pts season
So does Sammy.

Cleary has a 40 pts season
Eaves has a 30 pt season

Are we now top contenders to win a stanley cup?

I'd hope so since there is only 48 games this year, that would be a lot of goals on 2-3 lines since our 1st line is Z-Dats-Brunner. and I would assume that that line would be better than any other on our team.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I wonder what sort of roster shenanigans the Wings are going to go through to make space for this guy. Are we going to see guys rolled on and off the IR to keep space on the 23 man roster? Or are we just going to ditch one of Mursak/Emmerton?

crashman

This may sound immature, but I'm glad Eaves is cleared to play because it forces Holland to make a roster move. I'm getting a little tired of the complacency.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Lets pretend Bertuzzi has a 50 pts season
So does Sammy.

Cleary has a 40 pts season
Eaves has a 30 pt season

Are we now top contenders to win a stanley cup?

I think more importantly is how well Franzen/Flip play
How well does Brunner play? Can Nyquist make the team in convincing fashion (i.e. he gets 30-40 pts and begins to look like our old buddy flip or god forbid dats first year)

It is these second options which make us a stanley cup contender.

I assume you mean pace here?

This may sound immature, but I'm glad Eaves is cleared to play because it forces Holland to make a roster move. I'm getting a little tired of the complacency.

Yeah.. then they wave Mursak.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Who? I'm not joking or anything, but I can't figure out who you're talking about.

Took me a second. The Silver Lining aka Jan Mursak.

JMSL.jpg

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Took me a second. The Silver Lining aka Jan Mursak.

JMSL.jpg

Ahhhh, ok :laugh:

Only reason Emmerton is in the lineup is because he's a center. And there are two better C's in GR right now. They want to give him a fair shot, I guess, but I have zero expectations. I'd take Andersson or even Sheahan at this point (each bring something different to the lineup and can PK). Imagine a line of Tatar or Ferraro with Mursak and Helm. No size, but try hitting them in the first place :D

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
23 man rosters were finalized today. Could Eaves not go down on a conditioning stint?

They would need to move someone though

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
23 man rosters were finalized today. Could Eaves not go down on a conditioning stint?

They would need to move someone though

I really wonder why there isn't any news about who are we going to drop where from the 23-limit?

We have 24 guys up there now.

Eaves?

Could he be waiver exempt for two weeks with that possible conditioning stint?

I just wonder why there isn't any news about anything?

Last edited:

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I really wonder why there isn't any news about who are we going to drop where from the 23-limit?

We have 24 guys up there now.

Eaves?

Could he be waiver exempt for two weeks with that possible conditioning stint?

I just wonder why there isn't any news about anything?

Helm starts on IR, Bert will presumably go on IR with mono. When everyone is back, they'd have to make some choices. Unless more guys get injured before then, which is highly likely given the lack of training camp.

They have plenty of cap space so I wouldn't be that surprised if they managed to juggle all these guys all season, shuttling various guys on and off of short term IR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad