Patrick Davis (CHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I have seen since being traded to Windsor that Patrick Davis has been a force offensivly for the Spitfire on a line with Bickell. In his last 19 games he has 15 goals and 17 assists for 32 points. I was just wondering what sort of NHL potential OHL followers see in this kid and what he brings to the ice.

I remember he did have a couple really nice games with Albany in camp.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I haven't seen him play since the trade, but with the Rangers he was always a tough player to figure out. He's a big kid, but a really good skater. His physical game is really inconsistent. Some games he'll use that size to power to the net and work the board effectively, other time he'll play a soft perimeter game. He's got very good offensive skills though. Very good shot, can work through traffic with his puckhandling. I'm not sure about his hockey sense though. His skating and hands alone, matched with his size, should give him an NHL roster spot somewhere though, assuming he figures out how to consistently work hard. And at best, I think he's got a lot of potential. In terms of a recent junior player, I think his development reminds me a lot of Dustin Brown.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
hockeyman28 said:
ive seen him twice, and he reminds me of marty havlat :)
I don't know if I should take that as a compliment to his skills or a stab at his will and toughness. Needless to say, lets hope Davis can continue to show this offensive consistancy.

DTOWNRY

Dec 8, 2005
If not having played for Kitchener at the beggining of the season and stuck in that offensive system he could be well on his way to a 90 point season. Without a doubt one of the top skaters in the entire OHL and standing 6'-2 215 he is a big agile athlete. Has showed he can hit hard when needs be and is a great defensive forward...can play all positions...originally a right shot left winger...now plays right wing and has even seen time at center.

People...especially Kitchner fans have dogged him for years for his injuries rookie year and then his shy physical play...well things change and some people do not want to admit that. He runs people over now, fights, and blows by guys like they are staning still...things change and the old stereotypes will soon fall away.

Definitely one of the bigget steals in last years draft...the Devil's won big time. He continues to get better season after season...the biggest part of his game...he rarely ever makes mistakes...does not make dumb plays...has excellent passing skills...one on one rarely will he get beat.

I think he will be sitting on the Devils bench sooner than later. Definitely had an awesome camp last year in NJ...by far more talented than Ryznar, Tallackson or Nittel.

He is only going to get bigger stronger and faster...a young 86 he has lots to grow in areas.

PS he has some good fight action on ohltoughguys.com...you can see an especially hard hit that spurs a fight in the latest scrap.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
DTOWNRY said:
If not having played for Kitchener at the beggining of the season and stuck in that offensive system he could be well on his way to a 90 point season. Without a doubt one of the top skaters in the entire OHL and standing 6'-2 215 he is a big agile athlete. Has showed he can hit hard when needs be and is a great defensive forward...can play all positions...originally a right shot left winger...now plays right wing and has even seen time at center.

People...especially Kitchner fans have dogged him for years for his injuries rookie year and then his shy physical play...well things change and some people do not want to admit that. He runs people over now, fights, and blows by guys like they are staning still...things change and the old stereotypes will soon fall away.

Definitely one of the bigget steals in last years draft...the Devil's won big time. He continues to get better season after season...the biggest part of his game...he rarely ever makes mistakes...does not make dumb plays...has excellent passing skills...one on one rarely will he get beat.

I think he will be sitting on the Devils bench sooner than later. Definitely had an awesome camp last year in NJ...by far more talented than Ryznar, Tallackson or Nittel.

He is only going to get bigger stronger and faster...a young 86 he has lots to grow in areas.

PS he has some good fight action on ohltoughguys.com...you can see an especially hard hit that spurs a fight in the latest scrap.
I she comparable to Dustin Brown like Brockhas said in a previous post? Who is he comparable to in the NHL.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
DTOWNRY said:
People...especially Kitchner fans have dogged him for years for his injuries rookie year and then his shy physical play...well things change and some people do not want to admit that.
I don't know any Kitchener fan that dogged him for his injury-plagued first year. The feeling was that it was a damn shame, because he had a great start to the year, and would have been in the running for rookie of the year.

As far as his "shy" physical play, when he came back from injury, he did play a little shy - totally understandable, but it's fact. He was a perimeter player - excellent one on one, but forget working along the boards.

This year, he spent a lot of time in Kitchener floating. When he wanted to play, he was outstanding. Now that he's in Windsor, it's clearly a different system and he's flourishing. Good on him!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Jason MacIsaac said:
I don't know if I should take that as a compliment to his skills or a stab at his will and toughness. Needless to say, lets hope Davis can continue to show this offensive consistancy.
no, he can just flat out fly and dangle and is pretty chippy

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Davis can be frustrating sometimes but there is no doubt he has the talent.

Great puck control at high speed is his best asset, with either hand on the stick driving to the net. It's like a magnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad