Confirmed with Link: Patrick Brown & Jake Chelios sign one-year two-way extensions

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Chelios might be around for the long haul.

Anyone that watch the Checkers often think that he could eventually come up and be a bottom pairing guy? I'm starting to get a weird sneaking feeling that he can.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Chelios might be around for the long haul.

Anyone that watch the Checkers often think that he could eventually come up and be a bottom pairing guy? I'm starting to get a weird sneaking feeling that he can.

I've kind of been wondering why he's on an nhl deal but admittedly don't get to see him play. I just know he's a bit old for a prospect so I'm not sure how much better he'll get.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Chelios offensive game is pretty underrated, he's good playmaking D from the blueline. Really good skater. Big kid, great size but doesn't use the body the way he should, mediocre positional game. Probably useful #7. Still prefer him over Carrick even though Carrick brings nasty edge. I don't know why Carrick offensive game disappear that much last season.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Chelios offensive game is pretty underrated, he's good playmaking D from the blueline. Really good skater. Big kid, great size but doesn't use the body the way he should, mediocre positional game. Probably useful #7. Still prefer him over Carrick even though Carrick brings nasty edge. I don't know why Carrick offensive game disappear that much last season.

I'm not sure I'd characterize Chelios's skating as "really good". I'd so "okay" or "adequate". He's neither fast nor particularly quick on his edges, which is why he's not gotten a look. He's flat out bad defensively. When I was watching the playoffs vs. Chicago, I saw him get beat to the outside, beat to the inside, and make passes to the center of the ice to the opposition. Offensively, he's got a great shot and is very accurate. If only he could play that...defense thing.

Carrick is a better player overall. He skates a little better (and he used to skate pretty poorly but has worked on that extensively), is an overall smarter player. Carrick is the most positionally sound guy in Charlotte in my opinion. Plus he's got a cannon of a shot from the point. Add to that his passing skills, I'd say he might be the biggest challenge to Fleury. The only reason that his season last year looked as bad as it did was that he was hurt for a fairly significant stretch at the beginning of the year...he never really recovered even after he came back. Hence the significant drop off in production. The re-signing early in the process seems to show a vote of confidence from the front office.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
sarcdetector.jpg

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Brown is getting big bucks if he stays in the ahl, I wonder if they think he's on the fourth line this year? I like him for the job.

I thought he was pretty adequate for a 4th line role in his call up(s) last year. Definitely a Peters guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->