Patrice Bergeron vs Jason King

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Patty Roy said:
Well blame me because i was the first one to mention Ryder.

The original poster seemed more interested in comparing the rookie scoring leaders than he did in simply comparing Bergeron and King. So since i perceived this thread as more of a "Calder" type thread, i thought i would bring up Ryder.

True, im not upset or anything. I just get annoyed by homer fans who always boast about their rookies. Not saying you particularly are a homer.

SopelFan*

The fact that King was taken 212 overall I believe, and had played one year of pro hockey, (eventhough he wasn't expected to make the Moose) and then somehow make the Canucks, when he wasn't expected to again, is enough for me.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
SopelFan said:
The fact that King was taken 212 overall I believe, and had played one year of pro hockey, (eventhough he wasn't expected to make the Moose) and then somehow make the Canucks, when he wasn't expected to again, is enough for me.

Well if they were asking you who was the bigger steal than you could bring up that point.

That is like saying id rather have Pavol Demitra over Todd Bertuzzi because Bert was a 1st rd pick and Demitra was a 9th.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Well if they were asking you who was the bigger steal than you could bring up that point.

Ryder was taken 216th (to King's 212) and spent time in the ECHL two straight years before his ascent to the NHL. So i guess Sopelfan will like him more than King as well :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Psycho Joe said:
Interesting. Some Hab fans mention Ryder and get ripped. I mention Zherdev and nary a peep.

We like to pick on Les habitan fans :)

And plus Zherdev most likely does have a chance to be one of the best 18 year olds in the NHL considering he was such a high and hyped pick. So it didnt make you as much of a homer.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
I'd have to choose Patrice Bergeron simply because he's younger. Also, it's really great to see discussions about to rookie Newfoundlers, Ryder and King. That made my day. Since I'm in Labrador, I'll say who the best Newfie hockey player is also and that title belongs Jason King.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
SopelFan said:

Well as long as you bring that up...

Bergeron was only in the Q for one year, and was definitely not expected to make the Bruins, so its not like King is one up on him in the unexpected category.

Patrice is 2 years removed from playing AAA, meanwhile King played in the Q for 3 full years and then spent a year in the AHL.

So well King has spent only one year playing pro hockey, Bergeron has spent only one year playing major junior!

Although the later draft choice I can't argue with

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Jozeph_Balej said:
Read Patty Roy post twice and tell my why my post isn't ''good'' .

It was very good. At showing you are obnoxious and have reading comprehension problems.

As for this thread, I would choose Bergeron but I really like King as well.

ShyCheetah

Feb 22, 2003
Caprica City,Caprica
Visit site
Well as a Canuck Fan I'd take King for several reasons.

1)We already have King and don't have Bergeron.

2)King fills a need where as a playmaking Begeron would be redundant on our team behind Morisson and Sedin which would probably see him in the minors for the next five years.

3)The Canucks have drafted a gillion centres the past 4 drafts and have many options at that position coming up.

4)All things being equal I think a goal scorer is more valuable than a set up guy.

The fact that King is 22 shouldn't be a hinderance because he's more likely to be closer to a finished product where as a younger kid may encounter more ups and downs over the course of 82 games, and besides 22 isn't exactly old.

With all that said, it's very early in the game to declare which horse is the one that's gonna take it home. I'd say that both guys have inflated numbers considering King is the benifitiary of some amazing plays by the twins and Bergeron has Samsonov on his left side. I figure I'd have 16 points passing to that guy. Shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->