Boston Herald Patrice Bergeron looks iffy for Monday’s clash with Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins star center Patrice Bergeron looks iffy for Monday’s clash with Avalanche

Stephen Harris

Well before the rest of the Bruins took the ice at Warrior Ice Arena yesterday morning, Patrice Bergeron took a slow, solitary skate — firing some pucks on net, but never skating hard. Some 15 minutes later, as his teammates began filtering onto the ice for practice, the B’s center exited.

Bergeron, who missed Thursday’s season opener with an undisclosed injury, has another day to recover, but it seems very iffy that he’ll be ready to return for tomorrow’s Garden visit by the Colorado Avalanche.

“I wouldn’t say doubtful, yet,” said B’s coach Bruce Cassidy of Bergeron’s availability. “We’re going to re-assess in the morning. The more time he’s away from practice, the more doubtful he looks. But we’ll see how he does (today).”

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Hopefully he returns tomorrow. Unfortunately, as I have stated in other threads, I wouldn't be surprised to see this as a regular event throughout this season and the rest of his career. Injuries will take their toll when you're 30+.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
It's game two. If you're not healthy, take the time now, when it's early. The goal is to be healthy for the end of the year and into the playoffs.

Agreed. He missed the first 3 games last year right? We've been doing ok with him thus far. Would definitely like to see him travel for the road trip though.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Completely agree with Bergeron taking as much time as needed before coming back. After all, we play long-time rival Colorado in a home-and-home match-up next. Plus, Colorado's roster is already "hurting" - they have Rinaldo, who's still suspended from his time on the Bruins! Oh, wait, that's probably a plus...

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Completely agree with Bergeron taking as much time as needed before coming back. After all, we play long-time rival Colorado in a home-and-home match-up next. Plus, Colorado's roster is already "hurting" - they have Rinaldo, who's still suspended from his time on the Bruins! Oh, wait, that's probably a plus...

Since when?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Rinaldo is on Arizona

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Would rather wait until he's 100%. I'd rather he miss Colorado once, twice, or Vegas than... Pretty much ANY other 3 game stretch during the year.

Won't take him long to get going with 63 and 88.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
If he's going to miss time, this is really the best time to miss both in terms of time of year and opponents. Hopefully they let him take his time and get fully healthy.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hopefully he returns tomorrow. Unfortunately, as I have stated in other threads, I wouldn't be surprised to see this as a regular event throughout this season and the rest of his career. Injuries will take their toll when you're 30+.

Pure speculation on your part. There are plenty of players that play well into their 30’s now missing very few games each season. You don’t even have to leave the B’s dressing room with Chara to see that.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Pure speculation on your part. There are plenty of players that play well into their 30’s now missing very few games each season. You don’t even have to leave the B’s dressing room with Chara to see that.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe, maybe not.

I'm all for taking your time. I want the second half Bergeron not the first half of 2016-17

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
By rough count this could be the 12th game he’s missed in the last 7 years - not sure they were all because of injury either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad