Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Lol.....

Bergeron is easily a top 3 talent on this team. Injuries aren't going to change that. Takes in here are silly.

"Easily"? I don't think its a slam dunk given his
groin injury. An argument can be made that
Marchand, Pastrnak, Krejci and whoever is in net
are more impactful so far and may remain so.
It's no knock against him but his condition has
diminished his game.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I am a Bruins fan but I am also a Bergeron fan!
I would just be curious to see healthy Bergeron on Toronto team just to see a serie against the Bruins and then read Boston Hf Board thread!! Some would appreciate more of what this guy brings to the game.

Reactions: DBL84

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I am a Bruins fan but I am also a Bergeron fan!
I would just be curious to see healthy Bergeron on Toronto team just to see a serie against the Bruins and then read Boston Hf Board thread!! Some would appreciate more of what this guy brings to the game.

Well if Toronto wants to trade one of Matthews, Tavares
or Marner to Boston it can't happen...lol.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Well if Toronto wants to trade one of Matthews, Tavares
or Marner to Boston it can't happen...lol.
Dear Miller time, you are avocating Bergeron is diminushed and not an impacting player anymore, then putting him in the same trade conversation with Toronto best players!
I think you would eat you crow having Bergeron pivoting a line even against 88 and 63 in a PO. I am not asking it but I would be curious to read you and hfboard if it was the case.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Dear Miller time, you are avocating Bergeron is diminushed and not an impacting player anymore, then putting him in the same trade conversation with Toronto best players!
I think you would eat you crow having Bergeron pivoting a line even against 88 and 63 in a PO. I am not asking it but I would be curious to read you and hfboard if it was the case.

Bergeron has absolutely been diminished with his groin
condition. He is still a terrific player but your in denial
if you don't think he isn't impacted. I missed maybe 4
games this year he played and there is no question
his skating is impacted.

As far as the "trade" its was a joke.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
You just know his groin is going to become an issue in the playoffs at some point, it’s a question of when.

I wish he would just get the surgery and rest until April.

Reactions: chizzler

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
You just know his groin is going to become an issue in the playoffs at some point, it’s a question of when.

I wish he would just get the surgery and rest until April.
It’s getting late now in the season they will manage it accordingly. I agree. I would have done the surgery if he needed it. But I hope they don’t realize it later on that would stink. He might need three or four games off in a row here and there. It’s something they will deal with.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think the concern with the injury is that they'll just be managing it for the rest of the season. You don't want to run into the situation late in the season where you realize you should have just bit the bullet and had him get surgery earlier in the year. They can afford to lose him in November/December/January. They can't in April/May/June.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
It’s getting late now in the season they will manage it accordingly. I agree. I would have done the surgery if he needed it. But I hope they don’t realize it later on that would stink. He might need three or four games off in a row here and there. It’s something they will deal with.
I hear you. It’s the three or four games off in the playoffs that has me worried.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I suspect he won't catch Bucyk. If he hadn't lost time to concussions and lockouts he'd be a lot closer.

Chara is getting close to 1000 as a Bruin.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Just wanted to give this a bump.

Bergeron has been incredible of late. 11 points in the 10 games back his injury to go along with his ' as usual ' Selke defense and attention to detail. Currently on pace for a 40 goal/82 point season.

I watched for the first time Bergeron's pre game speech from what I think was before G7 in the SCF. I'm not normally a sentimental person, but it literally gave me chills. Despite winning more than his fair share over his great career, the man is as motivated as ever.

Here's to a healthy Bergeron in 2020 <3

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Bergeron has been incredible of late. 11 points in the 10 games back since his injury to go along with his ' as usual ' Selke defense and attention to detail. Currently on pace for a 40 goal/82 point season.

I watched for the first time Bergeron's pre game speech during what I think was before G7 in the SCF. I'm not normally a sentimental person, but it literally gave me chills. Despite winning more than his fair share over his great career, the man is as motivated as ever.

Attention to detail is right. Nobody even needs to make instructional videos on how a center should play defense. Just show tapes of Bergy's games and that is all you need. Last night Bergy put on a defensive clinic, that even by his lofty standards was a beauty. It's a complete treat to watch 37 play hockey.

Reactions: PB37

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Bergeron has been incredible of late. 11 points in the 10 games back his injury to go along with his ' as usual ' Selke defense and attention to detail. Currently on pace for a 40 goal/82 point season.

I watched for the first time Bergeron's pre game speech from what I think was before G7 in the SCF. I'm not normally a sentimental person, but it literally gave me chills. Despite winning more than his fair share over his great career, the man is as motivated as ever.

There is video of that speech? The one JoJo said he'd never forget, from this year?

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Realistically could have won the Selke 6-7 times in a row, he's just that good. Voter fatigue is real though, hopefully he stays hot and forces them to give him another.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I think that's the one and the video I watched seems to capture most of it. Skip ahead to 5:47

Wow, thanks! Looks like he even wrote things out on the whiteboard, that is dedication! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad