Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
He needs to stay out until he's 100%. I know he won't but he should. He's not a kid anymore and it takes longer to heal as you get older. A short off season doesn't help him either.

This strikes me as an "i probably should have had surgery" situation... and considering his issues with his groin over the year... this may be a year long issues yet again.

Reactions: BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This strikes me as an "i probably should have had surgery" situation... and considering his issues with his groin over the year... this may be a year long issues yet again.
Starting to remind me of Andrew Ference's continual groin problems. Then he finally had surgery and never had serious groin issues again. PRP will only help repair what's there. If already prone to weakness or injury, surgery is the only thing that will actually make the muscle stronger.

Reactions: TwineTickler

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Starting to remind me of Andrew Ference's continual groin problems. Then he finally had surgery and never had serious groin issues again. PRP will only help repair what's there. If already prone to weakness or injury, surgery is the only thing that will actually make the muscle stronger.

Only difference is I'm pretty sure Bergeron had surgery at least once on his groin... but yea, it's becoming a chronic problem for him for sure.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have NO PROBLEM with Steen or Studnicka playing in his spot until he is 100%.

Anyone not 100% just sit and let the kids play.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Honestly even if the groin is slightly bothering him, sit him for another 2-4 weeks and have him be ready for November.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
If Bergeron were healthy we would have beaten St. Louis. It's imperative that he make a full recovery. Sit him until he is fully recovered or is truly needed. I really don't care if we're a regular season juggernaut this year. Just try to keep everyone healthy for the playoffs.

Reactions: Spooner st

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thanks to @dafoomie

Looks weird to see him without the A. :laugh:

Roman Cechmanek...wow... That really was a long time ago lol

Reactions: BMC

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Wow is right, Brick and Dave doing the talking head stuff, look how young Sullivan is. Brian Rolston had a cannon from the point didn't he? Hard to believe that was 16 years ago.

I'm embarrassed to say, but that was my first year of diehard Bruins fandom. Always was all Boston growing up (Thanks Dad) but we didn't get a lot of hockey games on TV where I lived as a kid so it was mostly baseball/basketball/football for me... and I was a diehard Sox fan. Watching that year, falling in love with Bergeron and hockey in general, and having them lose in the playoffs to the Habs the way they did (Up 3-1 right?) it just resonated with me so much considering the Bruins/Habs dynamic was eerily similar to the Sox/Yanks (back then) of being extremely one sided and the Habs having the most cups etc. That sealed it for me. I was in. Now I can barely even watch baseball. Definitely crazy to think it was so long ago.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Thanks to @dafoomie

Looks weird to see him without the A. :laugh:

Roman Cechmanek...wow... That really was a long time ago lol

I thought he would go down as one of the greats, honestly.

His numbers in a short NHL career were damn solid. I guess he was drafted at 29 years old, though, haha.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm embarrassed to say, but that was my first year of diehard Bruins fandom. Always was all Boston growing up (Thanks Dad) but we didn't get a lot of hockey games on TV where I lived as a kid so it was mostly baseball/basketball/football for me... and I was a diehard Sox fan. Watching that year, falling in love with Bergeron and hockey in general, and having them lose in the playoffs to the Habs the way they did (Up 3-1 right?) it just resonated with me so much considering the Bruins/Habs dynamic was eerily similar to the Sox/Yanks (back then) of being extremely one sided and the Habs having the most cups etc. That sealed it for me. I was in. Now I can barely even watch baseball. Definitely crazy to think it was so long ago.
I didn't become a Bruins fan until 2013 which means

1. I didn't really get to celebrate 2011 although I remember watching some of it :cry:
2. I enjoy seeing old clips like this. I wish the NHL Vault was still around to watch old games.

Reactions: TwineTickler

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I had this reflexion yesterday with 37 having a 4 pts game, two direct nice passes to both DK goal.
What would be Bergeron’s points total if he had been use by Julien since 2011 with top wingers ALL the time (rw especially) in an offensive role?
That player will probably end up with 1000 pts, + 200, and more than 55% on faceoff, playing most of his career in the toughest position possible. That is hof materiel.
I am still beleiving he is the player adapting to 63 and 88 this year, being most of the time in the dirty areas, creating space and supporting both 63 and 88 tendencies to turn over puck at some bad spot.
He is my favorite all time player and one of the most dedicated player to play the game i had the privilege of seeing play.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I had this reflexion yesterday with 37 having a 4 pts game, two direct nice passes to both DK goal.
What would be Bergeron’s points total if he had been use by Julien since 2011 with top wingers ALL the time (rw especially) in an offensive role?
That player will probably end up with 1000 pts, + 200, and more than 55% on faceoff, playing most of his career in the toughest position possible. That is hof materiel.
I am still beleiving he is the player adapting to 63 and 88 this year, being most of the time in the dirty areas, creating space and supporting both 63 and 88 tendencies to turn over puck at some bad spot.
He is my favorite all time player and one of the most dedicated player to play the game i had the privilege of seeing play.
It's an interesting thought, but I don't think he becomes the player he is today without some of the random occurrences in his career. I think the lockout of 2004/05 was an extremely good thing for him to be the focal point of a team in the A, and then play a starring role on the World Junior team.

Even though it seems insane to say, I think the concussion issues allowed him to further develop the defensive aspects of his game because he was coming back into a situation where they had Savard and Krejci as the top 2 centers. There wasn't that pressure to use him as the top line guy that the offense rides or dies on, so Julien let him play that hybrid role that let him be effective at both ends.

And then with Cassidy coming in, he just took the shackles off. I think there's been a big shift in his game since playing more with Marchy + Pasta. He's playing a much more passive role in the offense than he was before. At the start he was much more active in the offense, but he now knows they're good enough to carry the offense so he's playing more conservatively. It's exactly what you said with supporting their tendencies to turn it over. Pasta and Marchand are upping their offense, but it's by playing with more risk. Bergeron is the one their to save their asses when it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->