Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I said my next jersey would be a Bergeron one and I'd finally buy one when he was the Captain...now I need to figure out which one lol. On a side note, I saw this on Twitter and got a good laugh

(tried to bring up the tweet, but it said it was unavailable, so here is the image)

ErJ9NK7W4AAKmMQ

I despise this tweet/meme. Don't think it's funny at all.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Neely is the reason I realized I was a Bruins fan.

O’Reilly is the legend that could have only been a Bruin.

Orr was the greatest to ever play the game. Watching him even just in old recorded games is mesmerizing.

I wonder how long it will take for me to admit that Bergy is my favourite of all time.
i came to that conclusion for myself a couple years ago.

Cam was king.
there was a couple years were Looch was my favorite current B, by the Cup run Bergy had taken over that spot, and probably by the time he let the boys have it during that last game in 2016 he'd sealed his place at the top. just took me another couple years to admit it to myself

mndbsstt

Jan 7, 2021
CT
When it was said a few days ago that the Captain would be "obvious", I couldn't think of another player on the team who should've gotten it. Patrice puts the team first, no question about that. It's clear, based on all of the speeches I've heard and interviews that he's done. He deserves this C. Congratulations.

Reactions: Number6

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
That Video was phenomenal with Sweeney giving Marchand the C

Wearing the masks made it easier to pull off

shows you how loose and tight these guys are

It was quite funny indeed, especially because they gave it to Marchand (it wouldn’t have been funny for instance if they had announced Krejci). Marchand is a superstar in the league now, but based on his style of play, it's still hard to imagine him as Captain material.

He seems, however, to be an amazing teammate and I feel he sincerely admires Bergeron even after all those years they play together. I wish they both could play for another 10 years, life goes by too fast.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Mini pic spam, seems appropriate today

Baby Bergy

View attachment 382658

Crazy to think of some of the stuff he's gone through
View attachment 382659

But he's had some fun too
View attachment 382660

When Randy Motherf***ing Jones hit Patrice & he slid down the glass onto the ice, I was sure he was dead. Still the most awful thing I've witnessed in 30+ years of watching hockey. Afterwards I just wanted him to recover enough to live a normal life, I never dreamed he'd turn into a future HoFer.

I named my cat after him. :)

Reactions: sarge88

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
It sucks to see the Chara era end here in Boston. He was a true Bruin and led us to a Cup. But man I’m so excited to finally see Bergeron wear the C’. Much deserved. This kid will be remembered as one of the top Bruins in history

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
It was quite funny indeed, especially because they gave it to Marchand (it wouldn’t have been funny for instance if they had announced Krejci). Marchand is a superstar in the league now, but based on his style of play, it's still hard to imagine him as Captain material.

He seems, however, to be an amazing teammate and I feel he sincerely admires Bergeron even after all those years they play together. I wish they both could play for another 10 years, life goes by too fast.
One of the greatest lines every assembled was the Canada Cup

Marchand- Crosby - Bergeron

All are best friends off Ice and the chemistry was incredible

I know folks dislike Crosby but 63 & 37 don’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->