Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
You know, as much as we all despise Montreal, and with good reason, the province of Quebec has been pretty damned good to us. Bourque. Bergeron. Julien. And a bunch more in between.

I think we should all say merci plus beaucoup.

Julien is actually from Ontario (there are french speaking people outside of Quebec). But you can also add Normand Léveillée, even if his story is sad, it was part of Bruins history.

EDIT : also Pat Burns and Rejean Lemelin were Quebecer.

There are Bruins fans in the province of Quebec, for many reason. Some because of Bobby Orr (the oldest fans), other because of Raymond Bourque and some former ex-Nordiques fans who hates the Habs.

Have a great season Bruins fans. It will be weard not to play against you this year but everything is weard nowadays...

aguineapig

I never got to watch Milt Schmidt play, he retired when I was a wee lad to become Coach. But I feel blessed that we have all seen what I believe has been the second coming in Patrice Bergeron. Congratulations Captain.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Congrats Bergy! Does this mean he graduates to the 'high' five as players leave the ice while Marchy appropriately gets to give the low five?

Reactions: OV

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Least surprising news ever, but exciting none the less. Bergeron is a top 3 favorite Bruin for me along with Bourque and Neely.

Time to see if the Proshop will change the A ony Bergeron RR jersey to a C!!!

Reactions: Mathews28

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Bergeron being named Captain is the best thing to happen to the Bruins since they
won the cup in 2011! I can't think of a player in the NHL that deserves the captaincy
of his team more than Bergeron does!

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I said my next jersey would be a Bergeron one and I'd finally buy one when he was the Captain...now I need to figure out which one lol. On a side note, I saw this on Twitter and got a good laugh

(tried to bring up the tweet, but it said it was unavailable, so here is the image)

ErJ9NK7W4AAKmMQ

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Will the pro shop put a C on my brand new retro-reverse Bergeron sweater? :(

I have no idea if the As and Cs are different for the retro-reverse or not, but a long time ago (pre-Adidas), I bought my regular home Bergeron jersey off of Fanatics, and it came sans A. I took it in to the mini pro shop stand that's inside the Garden, behind the Bruins shoot 1x net (around loge 19 or 20?) before the game, watched practice, and at 6:45 they had the A there. Cost $10 IIRC, which is $240 less than it would have cost on Wheel of Fortune.

Just thinking about it, it would make a good "welcome back" promo to give out free Cs for the first month of the 2021-22 season where fans can attend. I mean, it would be his SECOND season as captain, but still....

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Bergeron currently 16th in most games played among active players and 13th in points among active.
Krejci currently 51st in most games played among active players and 30th in points among active.
Marchand 101st in most games played among active players and 33rd in points among active.

I think the correct choices were made.

Reactions: TwineTickler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad