Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

end of the day its a game of turnovers and minimizing damage and capitalizing on your chances

The Debrusk turnover starting in the 2nd OT, was fluky.

If Bobrovski gave up that mid ice dump in, would have been considered a fluke.

What Coyle did was very irresponsible. You can't just no look pass it to the middle of the ice. It was an unforced turnover

Who forced Bergeron to put his stick in-between Jones' skates as he's turning the net? Seems pretty "unforced," no?

This thread is about Bergeron and what he did, let's not try and mask his stupid mistake by shining the light on someone else. You're speaking about someone being "irresponsible," yet that's exactly what Bergeron was in 2OT when he took a rookie-caliber penalty. Jones is completely in front of him and Bergeron still decides to put his stick in his skates to try and get a puck he has no chance of winning.

That's a lazy penalty and one that we would be crucifying someone like Cehlarik, Donato or Bjork for making. There's simply no excuse to be taking an irresponsible penalty like that, especially from the best two-way forward in hockey.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Who forced Bergeron to put his stick in-between Jones' skates as he's turning the net? Seems pretty "unforced," no?

This thread is about Bergeron and what he did, let's not try and mask his stupid mistake by shining the light on someone else. You're speaking about someone being "irresponsible," yet that's exactly what Bergeron was in 2OT when he took a rookie-caliber penalty. Jones is completely in front of him and Bergeron still decides to put his stick in his skates to try and get a puck he has no chance of winning.

That's a lazy penalty and one that we would be crucifying someone like Cehlarik, Donato or Bjork for making. There's simply no excuse to be taking an irresponsible penalty like that, especially from the best two-way forward in hockey.

Well again Im not excusing his penalty

He did the same vs MTL that almost cost that series

End of the day everyone need to be smarter... I believe Bruins will be better in game 3

Reactions: nords1995

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I will say this:

If anyone at any time was going to get his first criticism and 'wake-up' call it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Patrice Bergeron had to own the loss and own his lack-luster play going into a two day break and game three on the road.

If anyone in the world is better than Bergeron at responding to criticism with a dominant game, I haven't seen them.

Bergeron's breakout tomorrow.

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
Bergy made a rookie mistake, and was man enough to take full blame for the loss. I am sure he felt like he let his teammates down.

Every other player in the room will have Bergeron’s back tomorrow. He will lead with excellence every shift, and they will skate through the @$&#@ boards to follow him!

Reactions: kthx

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I will say this:

If anyone at any time was going to get his first criticism and 'wake-up' call it couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Patrice Bergeron had to own the loss and own his lack-luster play going into a two day break and game three on the road.

If anyone in the world is better than Bergeron at responding to criticism with a dominant game, I haven't seen them.

Bergeron's breakout tomorrow.
If he scores, playing the same way he did in the two first games... everyone will be happy. That is the only thing people see..winning.
I think the guy has fatigue! He plays with consistancy since at least the last eight years that brought eight Selke nominees and plays a hard two way game having going thru injuries and shortend training camp. Hope he capitalize cause this board will fall on him for sure.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
In an effort to apply criticism fairly, he's been a big disappointment these playoffs to me. As great as he is, he's not cutting it offensively.

Also, when the TV crew brings up that he's 13 of 18 at the dot, or whatever, they might also factor in that he's getting kicked out of a ton of draws and we're losing the vast majority of those. In my eyes, those are faceoff losses for him and should be counted as such.

Reactions: BMC

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
In an effort to apply criticism fairly, he's been a big disappointment these playoffs to me. As great as he is, he's not cutting it offensively.

Also, when the TV crew brings up that he's 13 of 18 at the dot, or whatever, they might also factor in that he's getting kicked out of a ton of draws and we're losing the vast majority of those. In my eyes, those are faceoff losses for him and should be counted as such.
I agree with the first portion of this statement. He has been underwhelming in the offensive zone but he has been great in the neutral and defensive zones. Also you can't really say those face off losses are on him because he gets kicked out for a lot of BS that other players do but don't get booted.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
No bump on this thread? Could have had 4 or 5 goals easily. He's also murdering Columbus in the dot this series across the board regardless of sample size vs. individual players:

Dubois: 22/33 (66.7%)
Jenner: 13/21 (61.9%)
Duchene: 9/15 (60%)
Dubinsky: 8/9 (88.9%)
Wennberg: 4/5 (80%)
Foligno: 3/4 (75%)
Total: 59/87 (67.8%)

He's at 69.1% in his last 8 games.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hell yeah!!

cut.jpg

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
No bump on this thread? Could have had 4 or 5 goals easily. He's also murdering Columbus in the dot this series across the board regardless of sample size vs. individual players:

People probably don't want to eat crow or admit they were shitting on one of the best bruins to ever wear the sweater and probably the best 2 way forward of his generation. It was disgusting what was being said about him.

I think he's been solid all playoffs long. Playoffs is a different animal and he is being focused on hugely. He's been dominant in the dot and hopefully seeing the puck go in twice last night gives him a boost and leads to another multi-point night tomorrow

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Good to see Bergeron get off the schneid with a couple of ugly ones (first one was under the glove, not where he was aiming, second was off a bad Bob rebound). Hope to see him score his first even strength goal of the playoffs next game.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Good to see Bergeron get off the schneid with a couple of ugly ones (first one was under the glove, not where he was aiming, second was off a bad Bob rebound). Hope to see him score his first even strength goal of the playoffs next game.

I think the first shot was perfect. 6 holed him. Over the pads tight to the body. Tough to save that one... and the second one was a rebound, but he had position in front of the net and capitalized. Agree it would be nice for him to get an even strength one. I wish he just ripped the puck on that breakaway last night.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
They don't ask "How many?" they just ask "Were the goals at even strength?" and "Did he really mean to shoot there?" and "Were the goals off rebounds?" and "Were the goals ugly?"

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Those are incredible numbers. He's the faceoff king of the playoffs this year so far. O'Reilly, who is also very good usually, is not even at 50% in the playoffs which was kind of shocking to me.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
People probably don't want to eat crow or admit they were ****ting on one of the best bruins to ever wear the sweater and probably the best 2 way forward of his generation. It was disgusting what was being said about him.

I think he's been solid all playoffs long. Playoffs is a different animal and he is being focused on hugely. He's been dominant in the dot and hopefully seeing the puck go in twice last night gives him a boost and leads to another multi-point night tomorrow
Well said. Could not said it better.

Reactions: TwineTickler

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
People probably don't want to eat crow or admit they were ****ting on one of the best bruins to ever wear the sweater and probably the best 2 way forward of his generation. It was disgusting what was being said about him.....

Totally agree. He's been damn near automatic in the face off dot the entire playoffs, pretty much erased Tavares and has been solid over 200ft of ice. He's been light on the score sheet, but a lot of that has to do with #88 being terrible for most of these playoffs.

Game 4, 6 & 7 in the Toronto Series, and now Game 4 last night. He's been especially good in the games we've needed to win.

If people cant appreciate that, then I can't help them and I ain't gonna waste my time debating about it...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
People probably don't want to eat crow or admit they were ****ting on one of the best bruins to ever wear the sweater and probably the best 2 way forward of his generation. It was disgusting what was being said about him.

He had the best chances and not buried them until last night.

I think the 2 goal breakout will change things and we'll see the offensive player we are used to. Which we need there is cause for concern on the 2nd line and Coyle was always gonna cool off. Hopefully tomorrow all 3 of those lines find the back of the net.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Those are incredible numbers. He's the faceoff king of the playoffs this year so far. O'Reilly, who is also very good usually, is not even at 50% in the playoffs which was kind of shocking to me.

O'reilly has been getting shredded by guess who.... Tyler Seguin. If Bergy doesn't win the Selke... it'll be a travesty

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
TIME shut down Aho

Aho is a stud but he’s still real young...I think Bergeron takes the kid to school and shuts down another teams 1st line

aguineapig

Ahhh, Mr. Aho so glad to see you sir! Let me introduce you to your new personal valet Bergy! Quiet lad but comes here with an impeccable resume sir!Does all the little things Sir! Has worked for the Selkes on four occasions Sir! Just came off a couple of stints recently for the Tavares' and Panarins' they were speechless after he was done Sir! Bergy show young Mr Aho around and make sure to show him where the handshake line will be upon his leaving! Welcome to Boston sir, I'm sure you will be well rested when your stay is over Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad