Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
No doubt. You have to admit that Sid has toned it down a lot. Haven't seen any Pens games this year so far, but from what I've seen in the past couple of seasons he's gotten a lot better

He's better about it I think also. Still wouldn't trade him straight up for Bergeron, though

Reactions: Chief Nine

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bergy gets the shaft on the 3 Stars of the Month for October. Sure those players had a great month but where's the respect for the 15 yr vet, best two-way forward in the league, 4 time selke award winner and 2nd in the league in scoring for the month of October in leading the Bruins to a 7-3-2 record.

Dq7qvRWWsAAeW-T.jpg

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bergy gets the shaft on the 3 Stars of the Month for October. Sure those players had a great month but where's the respect for the 15 yr vet, best two-way forward in the league, 4 time selke award winner and 2nd in the league in scoring for the month of October in leading the Bruins to a 7-3-2 record.

Dq7qvRWWsAAeW-T.jpg
I can understand it on the surface level. Leader for points, points per game, and goals. But yeah, when you think about all of the other elements, kind of sucks.

Reactions: TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I can understand it on the surface level. Leader for points, points per game, and goals. But yeah, when you think about all of the other elements, kind of sucks.

But so typical. Bruins get very little love in the media outside of Boston, and sometimes very little love in town too :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I was kind of hoping he was delivering a letter from McQuaid. :)

But this was cute. The kid who sent the card has a rather interesting combination of favorite teams :laugh:
I love how Bergy had to pause before chuckling a bit. Such a cool thing to see.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Hey everybody, I am posting this question in the Bergeron thread because my question is specifically about him but I can see how this may morph into something more.

So, I was chatting with my friends (all Leafs fans) about the Bruins-Leafs rivalry and I was busting their chops about Bergy being a Leafs killer. This lead to them asking me where Bergy stands among beloved Boston athletes. I'm from Toronto and the Bruins are the only Boston-area team that I cheer for so I have a bias there.

I'm curious as to where Bostonians place Bergy among their most beloved. Perhaps not all-time but maybe in the last 15-20 years. I'm sure Brady is in a class all by himself but who follows? Is Bergy there with guys like Pedro and Ortiz? I'm guessing not because the Sox are king and they were key guys when "the curse" was broken. Just wondering since it came up when we were shooting the you-know-what.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hey everybody, I am posting this question in the Bergeron thread because my question is specifically about him but I can see how this may morph into something more.

So, I was chatting with my friends (all Leafs fans) about the Bruins-Leafs rivalry and I was busting their chops about Bergy being a Leafs killer. This lead to them asking me where Bergy stands among beloved Boston athletes. I'm from Toronto and the Bruins are the only Boston-area team that I cheer for so I have a bias there.

I'm curious as to where Bostonians place Bergy among their most beloved. Perhaps not all-time but maybe in the last 15-20 years. I'm sure Brady is in a class all by himself but who follows? Is Bergy there with guys like Pedro and Ortiz? I'm guessing not because the Sox are king and they were key guys when "the curse" was broken. Just wondering since it came up when we were shooting the you-know-what.

Depends on who you talk to. I think a hardcore Bruins fan would say bergy is as important to the bruins as Brady to the Patriots. The casual fan who follows the 4 major teams would probably have him lower though

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Silver lining to his injury. Was able to be there for the birth of his child and will get some quality time at home.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I guess we can all come to an agreement that Bergeron is the teams MVP.... team offense has gone downhill, PK downhill, PP downhill and even Marchand, PAsta game has suffered quite a bit

This is almost like an Bergeron appreciation post.... please come back ASAP?
:ha:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can we please sign the newest Bergeron to an entry level deal so that in 18 years we have the Bergeron Brothers headlining this team?

Congrats Patrice and Stephanie!
Sweeney sitting on his hands again, gotta be proactive Donny:sarcasm:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Is Bergeron the longest tenured player with one team nowadays? Meaning he played his first game with the same team longest ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->