Patrice Bergeron/Henrik Zetterberg! Who will have the best career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Better career? No question Bergeron.

Bergeron will play for 20 years, IMO. He'll be an amazing two-way player and a playoff warrior who can lead. Stick him with great linemates he'll produce huge numbers or have him on the 3rd line and he'll shut someone down. This why he'll play for a long time because he's got the talent to can do it all and naturally knows the game. The guy was born to play hockey.

Zetterberg will be an up and down offensive player throughout his career.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
In my opinion, Bergeron. I think that Zetterberg is more skilled offensively, but Bergeron is more versatile, has one ofthe best on-ice vision, he has more heart, better team player, etc... Bergeron is really a player that the bruins should be happy to have. There's not a lot of players like him, while he may not be a franchise player, he's an important puzzle to a winning team.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
franchise player said:
In my opinion, Bergeron. I think that Zetterberg is more skilled offensively, but Bergeron is more versatile, has one ofthe best on-ice vision, he has more heart, better team player, etc... Bergeron is really a player that the bruins should be happy to have. There's not a lot of players like him, while he may not be a franchise player, he's an important puzzle to a winning team.

actually zetterberg is not particularly skilled offensively aside from his phenomenal on-ice vision and willingness to be a team player

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I'm a habs fan and i'm not confident in Bergeron capability to keeps improving a lot from his special first year (he will, but by how much?). (obviously, this non-confidence is coming from my habs-view of things but i cant do much about it :) )

But i'd pick Bergeron over Zetterberg without a question. Again, Zetterberg makes it easy, he have yet to impressed me. We'll see how he play this year. I feel like he can improved a bit, but i dont know why: i dont see him with that much of an upside. I'll probably be wrong on this one again, but we'll see.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
After seeing him against MTL in last playoffs and again at World juniors... Bergeron seems to be Da-Man

Hopefully Latendresse will be our similar draft steal. ;)

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Zetterberg is about as complete i think a center and teamplayer can be. And will be able to produce very well in NHL as well. He did win SEL-scoring last season, and he did have some stiff competition.

But I´d take Bergeron as well. Producing that well as a juniorplayer in NHL is really good and he probably has more offensive potential.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
I will pick Zetterberg. He will get a chance to play lots of minutes this year. He will get allot of points in my opinion.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Bergeron for me,like said before.. he looks like a true playoff warrior in the make up.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Bergeron. He is 5 years younger and already contributing more, I dont expect that to change. But Zetterberg will be an awesome player too, just not as good.

A Good Flying Bird*

I'd choose Bergeron as well.
But damn. Some of these comments have been ridiculous.

Zetterberg's whole game involves vision. I find it hard to believe that Bergeron could have better hockey sense than Zetterberg, who doesn't have a great shot or great speed, yet is still a very dangerous player.

I also wonder about those who say Bergeron has more heart.

Based on what?

Zetterberg is one of the hardest working players in the NHL. He goes into the corners and battles, despite his lack of size.
So I'm not sure where anyone gets off saying Bergeron has more heart.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I'm in the minority in thinking that Bergeron will not get much better than he already is. Having said that, he will have the better career because he is 5 years younger. Their skills are about the same.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
personally i would take zetterberg, not all players progress at a steady rate, bergeron imo will plateau very soon on the offensive side while improving on intangibles and the defensive.. i see him as a great 2nd liner.. but not first..

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004
I hate the bruins :@... i wanted Bergy....habz didn't take him...Bruins took Bergy....Bergy Hates MTL... I hate Him!!....Bergy'll b better you can take that to the BANK!!

Roger's Pancreas*

Blackshad said:
Bergeron for me,like said before.. he looks like a true playoff warrior in the make up.

Playoff warriors aren't made they're impact players from the start. You can look at Yzerman, Sakic, Forsberg, Lidstrom, and Stevens as perfect examples.

CH Wizard

I don't care because they aren't prospects.

On a serious note: Bergeron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad