Patching together my Mock Draft

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
I've been working on this for a little bit now, rankings wise, and finally feel fairly confident in where I have my players. I'm definitely interested in hearing all feedback.

New Jersey Devils : Jack Hughes

-Best player available in the draft, Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier create a dynamic duo in NJ, with the skill of Hughes and the 2way prowess of Hischier.

New York Rangers : Kappo Kakko

-Easy #2 choice, Kakko can be argued as the #1 pick. Him dropping to New York isn't a negative on Kakko. If he were the centre and Hughes the wing, Kakko would probably go #1.

Chicago Blackhawks : Dylan Cozens

-This is the toss up choice right here, but I like the big body in Chicago with speed/skill, plus a C/W. Cozens seems to be underrated by many.

Colorado Avalanche : Alex Turcotte

-future #2C behind MacKinnon, Turcotte plays a well rounded game that can fit any system.

Los Angeles Kings : Bowen Byram

-LA takes the best Dman available, and are excited to do so with Doughty turning 30 this season, it's the perfect time to give him an understudy.

Detroit Red Wings : Trevor Zegras

-Wings are familiar with him playing so close to Detroit. Zegras has great IQ, vision and a nice shot. May be a winger at the next level.

Buffalo Sabres : Cole Caufield

-Buffalo needs goals and this kid can score in bunches. Should need a year or two in college, but he can add plenty of strength in that time.

Edmonton Oilers : Matthew Boldy

-I felt like he was the perfect fit for either McDavid or Nuge (if they keep Drai at RW)

Anaheim Ducks : Kirby Dach

-The next big bodied centre in Anaheim. Really would fit that system well and learn from Getzlaf.

Vancouver Canucks : Peyton Krebs

-C/W hard working player with a great attitude.. plus scouted plenty by the Canucks in B.C.

Philadelphia Flyers : Philip Broberg

-Philly has a ton of offensive players on the farm, but most young dmen have come up, and Broberg is a great talent that fills the cupboard.

Minnesota Wild : Alex Newhook

-In desperate need of offensive talent with two aging centres in Koivu and Staal, Newhook fits like a glove.

Florida Panthers : Spencer Knight

-With plenty of offense and defense and no real goalie of the future in the pipeline, this pick just makes far too much sense to me.

Arizona Coyotes : Moritz Seider

-Arizona takes a highly talented big bodied dman who has shown great flashes internationally.

Montreal Canadiens : Vasili Podkolzin

-While I believe he is far more talented than pick 15, Podkolzin falls here. Bergevin takes a hard-working offensive talent and has the young players in the pipeline to come up (Suzuki/Poehling) while they wait 2 seasons.

Colorado Avalanche : Cam York

-Fills a need and can run the PP in the future. Could be a steal for Colorado.

Las Vegas Golden Knights : Arthur Kaliev

-Vegas loves flash and Kaliev brings that in bunches with his goalscoring ability.

Dallas Stars : Philip Tomasino

-Seems like a Dallas player.. 2way + goal-scoring ability

Ottawa Senators : Bobby Brink

-In need of some flashy offense and Brink is a small, but talented player who if were bigger would go much higher.

New York Rangers : Victor Soderstrom

-Rangers add a mobile, highly-talented dman to the backend.

Pittsburgh Penguins : Thomas Harley

-Harley is a big body who really improved as the season went on. I like this fit for Pittsburgh quite a bit.

Los Angeles Kings : Raphael Lavoie

-They take the best offensive player available, and with some seasoning can turn into an effective goalscoring net presence.

New York Islanders : Ville Heinola

-Isles add a smart mobile dman that can run their PP.

Nashville Predators : Nils Hoglander

-Preds aren't afraid to take a speedy undersized winger to add some offense.

Washington Capitals : Brett Leason

-Washington has an aging group of forwards that are forever in hunt for another cup while Ovechkin is around. Leason brings skill but experience and age to contribute sooner rather than later.

Calgary Flames : Samuel Poulin

-A strong power type player, Poulin adds size and skill.

Tampa Bay Lighting : Matthew Robertson

-A nice 2way dman with an offensive touch to be further developed.

Carolina Hurricanes : Ryan Suzuki

-Carolina won't go dman, so they take the younger Suzuki who has plenty of offensive talent and can grow with a younger squad.

Anaheim Ducks : Jacob Pelletier

-Adding more offense to the cupboard, Anaheim adds a smart player with a good motor.

Buffalo Sabres : Anttoni Honka

-While I don't love Honka, he has plenty of tools that should translate. He can add an offensive element to the backend. Hopefully Julius' development in Dallas doesn't deter them.

Boston Bruins : Alex Vlasic

-A big bodied defender that plays a Boston type game. The team can watch him develop closely at Boston U. A couple years in college should help him gain muscle and clean up his skating.

Last edited:

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
To be fair, the numbers don't matter. It's ranked based on what the teams are going to do. The poster should have bolded the team names

Haha.. I didn't realize how big of a deal the format was going to be. Posted from my phone last night. Updated with bolded picks.

BlackEye from Xhekaj

Mar 11, 2011
Cozens at 3 is mental, Hawks are debating between Turcotte Byram and Zegras

I disagree. Yea sure they are looking at Byram, Zegras, Turcotte.. but they also spent a ton of time with Cozens during the combine. He fits the mold of what the Hawks are looking for just as much as Turcotte.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'd be very happy with that draft for the Avs, slightly disappointed to not get Pod if he was so close to the 16, but York is a nice consolation prize. Would set it up that we could have 3-4 very good-elite puck movers in Makar, Barrie, Girard and York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad