Eklund Rumor: Patches for Skjei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They close other threads and say it’s not a reliable source, but they allow this dog ****. Makes no ****ing sense. Eklund is a clown.

He has to have some kind of connect or hook up here or knows the owners or something. Mods denied him having a finanical relationship with HF but I don't buy that. There's something going on between the 2. there has to be....because he's an established fraud who hasn't broken a damn thing in at least a decade

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think his logic is just "patches was born about 80 kms from NYC!". I do think that they would be able to sign him though.

Rumors are rarely right. Even less so for guys like Eklund. But hey, I still like to entertain the idea. What are the areas of strength for the Rangers... both current and future? This might help find out if there is a fit. What about Patch/Lindgren for Namestnikov+ ?

Who is the back-up for the Rangers next year?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has to have some kind of connect or hook up here or knows the owners or something. Mods denied him having a finanical relationship with HF but I don't buy that. There's something going on between the 2. there has to be....because he's an established fraud who hasn't broken a damn thing in at least a decade

A fraud with ideas and money to continue? It kind of adds up :sarcasm:

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's amazing how people still actually bother listening to Eklund. He got f***ing duped by Rangers bloggers shitposting on the internet about the return from Tampa when we linked as a team that would take back salary to facilitate a Karlsson deal. The f***ing moron actually believed that we'd be getting Kucherov back and kept doubling down and repeating it.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Rumors are rarely right. Even less so for guys like Eklund. But hey, I still like to entertain the idea. What are the areas of strength for the Rangers... both current and future? This might help find out if there is a fit. What about Patch/Lindgren for Namestnikov+ ?

There's definitely no fit. They just traded their captain who played a position of need because of his age and upcoming UFA status. NYR could use scoring wingers, but they'll need young ones.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There's definitely no fit. They just traded their captain who played a position of need because of his age and upcoming UFA status. NYR could use scoring wingers, but they'll need young ones.

I understand but don't agree 100%. Every rebuilding team needs leadership. And good luck getting young scoring wingers.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008

If they do not sign some random UFA goalie,

Georgiev, was good in a short sample in the NHL last season, would be my guess as the Rangers backup for next year, but they also have Mazanec who may be there.

Nell, Wall, Huska are all prospects, not sure if any become NHLers

Lindbom they just drafted

Shesterkin who is a prospect who may have starter potential may come over from KHL after this season.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I understand but don't agree 100%. Every rebuilding team needs leadership. And good luck getting young scoring wingers.
They have players for leadership, they don't need to trade a young d-man in his prime when their D is already weak for another.

And young scoring wingers are available to be drafted very year - centers and d-men are prioritized over them routinely. And they don't need young scoring wingers drastically yet, they don't know what they have in the vast majority of their young assets they recently acquired.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If this happens i'll streak on the streets of Stockholm.

Why would they push for a aging winger who sucks in the postseason when theyret rebuilding? Makes 0 sense.

Eklund is aware this is bull****, he wants to get a buzz and views. I've never visited his ****, never will either.

Patch won't be playing in the playoffs though with the rebuilding Rangers. So problem solved. And he is not old. That is BS. 35 is old. Patch is 6 years away from that.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Less than 20 hours ago Jack Jackal reported Montreal and Chicago are in talks with Patches going to Chicago but the hold up was Chicago deciding or undecided what Patches true value is and what is fair to send Montreal ? I'm guessing Chicago will either land Patches or Skinner the question is whom is the better deal without giving up their picks or future.

Rumor was Anisomov, Forsling and either Beaudin or a 2nd round pick .

So I think ecklunds rumor is B.S..

Reactions: strongcomp05

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They have players for leadership, they don't need to trade a young d-man in his prime when their D is already weak for another.

And young scoring wingers are available to be drafted very year - centers and d-men are prioritized over them routinely. And they don't need young scoring wingers drastically yet, they don't know what they have in the vast majority of their young assets they recently acquired.

Unless you are drafting a young scoring winger in the top 10, you are waiting for a while for that draft pick to produce. Typically takes 3-5 years for prospects to show potential from their draft year. I understand what you mean but thinking it's easy is not reasonable.

Who are the players for Leadership? I'm Curious Lundqvist?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Really think about this. Trade Stepan for Andersson and DeAngelo. Trade Nash for Lindgren and a pick. Trade McDonagh for Hajek, Howden and a pick. Trade Grabner for Rykov and a pick. Hold on to and make all of their draft choices except one they used to move up and get Miller.

Then nothing happens but a few weeks pass.

Then suddenly completely reverse course for no reason and trade the young d-man they'll need to step up to help fill McD's place for an older soon to be UFA scoring winger.

There's no sense to it.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The only way this makes sense is two reasons..

1) Rangers are having a hard time getting Skjei signed to a long term deal that makes sense for them.

?????. Skjei is under Rangers control for four more years. What's he going to do if doesn't resign with the Rangers....retire from the NHL, play in Europe. Why folks are so worried about RFAs not signing. See what happened to Trouba,,,,,he played with the Jets even he didn't want to.

Last edited by a moderator:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Unless you are drafting a young scoring winger in the top 10, you are waiting for a while for that draft pick to produce. Typically takes 3-5 years for prospects to show potential from their draft year. I understand what you mean but thinking it's easy is not reasonable.

Who are the players for Leadership? I'm Curious Lundqvist?
Well, that lines up well with the fact that they're waiting a while for pretty much everyone to produce because they just added what they hope to be a lot of their future core in the last two drafts with the highest picks being 7 and 9. They're less than a full year into the rebuild, patience isn't in short supply. They don't need a scoring winger tomorrow, they need a few who will hit their primes with or near Chytil, Andersson, Kravstov, etc

For leaders they have Lundqvist, Zuccarello, Kreider, Shattenkirk and Staal off the top of my head.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Really think about this. Trade Stepan for Andersson and DeAngelo. Trade Nash for Lindgren and a pick. Trade McDonagh for Hajek, Howden and a pick. Trade Grabner for Rykov and a pick. Hold on to and make all of their draft choices except one they used to move up and get Miller.

Then nothing happens but a few weeks pass.

Then suddenly completely reverse course for no reason and trade the young d-man they'll need to step up to help fill McD's place for an older soon to be UFA scoring winger.

There's no sense to it.

I remember when the Habs needed Beaulieu (young D man) to step up and fill a hole. Promise starts to evaporate when you turn 24. I find it really hard to pin down Skjei's value to be honest. Big mobile defenseman that doesn't play big and one good year two seasons ago. I'm not saying this is a perfect deal for either the Habs or Rangers but thinking Skjei will replace McD is a stretch.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just mean that he’s been injured for a long time and will continue to be out until like 1/2 - 3/4 of this season is over.

Huh? He is scheduled to be back 5/6 months from his surgery in mid June. That takes him to mid Nov or Dec. That is not 1/2 or 3/4 of the season. More like 1/3 (+/-). You don't have to worry about Weber returning late or never playing again

Reactions: strongcomp05

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I remember when the Habs needed Beaulieu (young D man) to step up and fill a hole. Promise starts to evaporate when you turn 24. I find it really hard to pin down Skjei's value to be honest. Big mobile defenseman that doesn't play big and one good year two seasons ago. I'm not saying this is a perfect deal for either the Habs or Rangers but thinking Skjei will replace McD is a stretch.
Skjei is superior to Beaulieu in every way. And I said he will be counted on to help replace McD, not that anyone should or will reasonably expect him to suddenly be McDonagh.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Huh? He is scheduled to be back 5/6 months from his surgery in mid June. That takes him to mid Nov or Dec. That is not 1/2 or 3/4 of the season. More like 1/3 (+/-)

That's true, but Mtl has been really bad with knee injuries in the last few years. 2 years ago, Price was supposed to be back within a month at first.. and ended up missing the rest of the season. With Weber, they diagnose the knee problem months after they looked at it the first time and didn't evaluate the injury properly. In fact, i wonder if they woudl have found it if he hadnt had surgery on his foot. I wouldnt be surprised if it was indeed 1/2 the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad