Eklund Rumor: Patches for Skjei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Yes. That is what we want to do as we are in rebuilding, trade Skjei for Pacioretty.

Agree 100% .. they wrote a letter to the fans to explain a rebuild, and NYR has been selling assets since. I think EK just looked at the part of Patche's hockey card that says he was born close to NYC and made a link. This is one of his worse "guesses". Im a habs fans and id hang up on this call if i was NYR.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I was talking about the name, Skjei is pronounced Shea. The habs would have a Shea Weber pairing.

Ohhhhhh! I thought you were talking about maybe getting a profile pick of a Skjei-Weber facemash :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only way this makes sense is two reasons..

1) Rangers are having a hard time getting Skjei signed to a long term deal that makes sense for them.
2) They were permitted to talk to Patch about what he would accept on a contract extension and Patch would leave some money on the table to play close to where he is from.

Doubt this is true but maybe the Rangers think Patch can be a leader while they insert their young players. To switch it around a bit... Maybe Patch for Namestnikov+ would fit better? Not sure I like it from a Habs perspective but it all depends on what the + is.

I know the Rangers are rebuilding but every rebuilding team needs leadership. It just depends on what pill they would have to swallow to get him.

Also, Who is scheduled to replace Lundqvist in a few years and also to be the back-up this next season? Maybe there is a deal around Patch/Lindgren... If the Rangers need goalie help.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
As a Habs fan, this trade needs to happen now !

But as a rational hockey fan, why the hell would that trade be of any interest for a rebuilding NYR ?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Rangers rebuild not withstanding, why are we trading our young, de-facto #1 D on an already depleted D-core for another winger? This trade makes 0 sense on all different kinds of levels

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The only way this makes sense is two reasons..

1) Rangers are having a hard time getting Skjei signed to a long term deal that makes sense for them.
2) They were permitted to talk to Patch about what he would accept on a contract extension and Patch would leave some money on the table to play close to where he is from.

Doubt this is true but maybe the Rangers think Patch can be a leader while they insert their young players. To switch it around a bit... Maybe Patch for Namestnikov+ would fit better? Not sure I like it from a Habs perspective but it all depends on what the + is.

I know the Rangers are rebuilding but every rebuilding team needs leadership. It just depends on what pill they would have to swallow to get him.

Also, Who is scheduled to replace Lundqvist in a few years and also to be the back-up this next season? Maybe there is a deal around Patch/Lindgren... If the Rangers need goalie help.

Number 1 doesn't make much sense to me. If Rangers were having a hard time signing Skjei, trade him for assets, not a UFA. Rangers don't need goalie help. Goaltending is an area where our future might look bright. (of course nobody knows how they might pan out), but we have pretty high hopes with our KHL goalie.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Number 1 doesn't make much sense to me. If Rangers were having a hard time signing Skjei, trade him for assets, not a UFA. Rangers don't need goalie help. Goaltending is an area where our future might look bright. (of course nobody knows how they might pan out), but we have pretty high hopes with our KHL goalie.

Who is the Rangers back-up next year? And I can't argue too much about point #1. However, maybe they already tried exploring the trade market for Skjei and it's not as good as they like. Maybe they value leadership and the goal scoring power Patch would bring... if they can get him on a team friendly deal. Every rebuilding team needs leadership.

Trying to help Eklund's logic out here :facepalm:. In all seriousness, I can see the Rangers interested in a Patch/Lindgren type package but depends on what they have to give up.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I thought NYR was rebuilding? So why would they do this? If you're going to throw shit at the wall at least have some logic with it...

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Who is the Rangers back-up next year? And I can't argue too much about point #1. However, maybe they already tried exploring the trade market for Skjei and it's not as good as they like. Maybe they value leadership and the goal scoring power Patch would bring... if they can get him on a team friendly deal. Every rebuilding team needs leadership.

Trying to help Eklund's logic out here :facepalm:

I think his logic is just "patches was born about 80 kms from NYC!". I do think that they would be able to sign him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad