Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon to NJ for 2019 3rd and J. D. Dudek

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i didn't have a problem with the fight, and im surprised so many people did...weren't we talking a few weeks ago about getting some toughness in there, letting teams know we wouldn't accept blatant headshots to mojo (for example) going forward? and really- getting into a fight early in your first game with your new etam? is there a better way to say 'i'm buying in, and this is my team now'?

Reactions: HBK27

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i didn't have a problem with the fight, and im surprised so many people did...weren't we talking a few weeks ago about getting some toughness in there, letting teams know we wouldn't accept blatant headshots to mojo (for example) going forward? and really- getting into a fight early in your first game with your new etam? is there a better way to say 'i'm buying in, and this is my team now'?

Haley asked him to go to try to entertain their fans.

It was senseless from a NJD perspective.

Injury risk aside it had no value at the time at all .

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

i'd rather someone drop the mitts than have haley think he can run at our stars.

we were already getting a reputation for letting people run all over us, so we need to start letting the league know we're gonna bite back, ESPECIALLY with the playoff race getting as tight as it is, this close to the end of the season

Reactions: MartyOwns

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

it was senseless in terms of the scoreboard, but not senseless from a team perspective. if you asked the other guys in the room after the game whether they felt it was senseless or not, i think you'd be hard pressed to find one guy who said it was. just my opinion

Reactions: My3Sons

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i think we need to kill this reputation though

053018570f274d9f8af7ff04f48a5b1af581b9-v5-wm.jpg

Reactions: EdisonDevil

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
if he was sticking up for a teammate that's one thing but im not sure how much a staged fight like that inspires the team. but it's not a big deal either way i just didn't really see the point of it

Bingo .

Risk heavily outweighed reward.

He breaks his hand there and then what.

His buddy Haley asked him to fight because he has no other value.

Maroon has a lot of value to us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haley shouldn't even be in the NHL.

Can't believe some teams are still playing these goons, who have just gone the way of the dinosaur over the last half decade.

Pete and the Sharks were playing Haley a bunch last year.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
It continues to amaze me the ridiculous things that people around here pinpoint to bitch about. Good lord.

Reactions: DVision44

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Admittedly I was skeptical at the deal, the price seemed fair and all, but it almost felt redundant at the deadline. I felt Boyle, Woods, Noesen and Zajac had that jam up front, we know he’s not a go to sniper and we have plenty of wingers.

However when it came to Maroon’s debute, to me, he jumped fully in and is already committed to what we’ve got going and he wants to contribute any way he possibly can. I like that

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Haley shouldn't even be in the NHL.

Can't believe some teams are still playing these goons, who have just gone the way of the dinosaur over the last half decade.

Pete and the Sharks were playing Haley a bunch last year.
Haley is a fast skater, that is why he is still sticking in the league. The days of PL3 Barch Boulton and my 'favorite' Andrew Peters are gone.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I was pretty iffy on Maroon, but I realized he brings something we really need - good boardwork. It was something I was hoping Boyle would bring, but kind of knew he didn't really.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I was pretty iffy on Maroon, but I realized he brings something we really need - good boardwork. It was something I was hoping Boyle would bring, but kind of knew he didn't really.

I'm more iffy on Grabner just because of the higher cost to acquire him, but given the job Shero has done so far I have to trust him on this one and hope for the best.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I'm more iffy on Grabner just because of the higher cost to acquire him, but given the job Shero has done so far I have to trust him on this one and hope for the best.
I trust Shero more on trades than free agent signings, but there's also always going to be the occasional Beau Bennetts.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
grabner has to get a goal tonight, right? he's more overdue than a woman who is 10 months pregnant

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Not a big fan of fights that have no context in the game but I do get this one. He was doing this for the long-term understanding of his teammates. I can live with that.

I was also impressed with how he looked along the boards. His holdup play is pretty good and I think in a playoff series he can really add something. I enjoyed when he mixed it up in front of the net and none of the defensemen bothered to push him after the whistle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad