Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon 5 signs 3Y / $6M contract

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
i think he will be worth it. i know he has had to work his butt off for this so congratz to him

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I don't know if I dislike a single move BM's made this off season.

I really like Pat, too. He's tough and he can score a few. Perfect for this team.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Wow, that's a lot of confidence management is putting in Maroon.

Can't say I disagree with them either. Really love what Pat brings to this team and I think he's going to be a very very good hockey player.

I'd honestly be surprised if he doesn't score 50pts in at least one of the next 3 seasons. Not to mention the grit and puck protection skills he brings.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Good signing. Hopefully he can improve his skating as much as Bonino did.

I second this, his skating is brutal. Even a marginal improvement could have a huge impact on his game.

Love me some Maroon though, glad to have him locked up for a few more years.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
It seems a bit risky since he worked best with Perreault. And that his speed often makes him a defensive liability.

But I think he could pair well with Kesler, so it might pay off. Hmm. I wonder if we can do Maroon-Kesler-Cogliano. Although it forces someone onto the right.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good to get him locked up early, but I'll echo Snark's concerns. Definitely hoping he can keep trending upwards as he has some sick hands.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I wish as part of the deal Maroon is required to take daily power skating lessons from Mrs. Niedermayer (Scotty's mom). The only thing holding him back is that piano he carries around with him on the ice. :)

I'm happy for him though. He worked hard to get that contract, and spent a lot of years on AHL buses trying to make it to the NHL. He definitely has a spot and an important role on the Ducks this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad