Pat LaFontaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
One of my favorites to watch. He got to the Island just a bit too late; although, if Bossy stayed healthy they would have been lethal together.

Also ended the best game I've ever watched, the Isles-Caps game 7 Easter weekend 4 OT thriller.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I got to see him in his year of Junior in Montreal [Verdun actually]. What a treat to watch. I remember he played with Gerard Gallant and Jean Maurice Cool. I remember him taking a lot of abuse that year. Probably worse than what Crosby will see.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
mcphee said:
I got to see him in his year of Junior in Montreal [Verdun actually]. What a treat to watch. I remember he played with Gerard Gallant and Jean Maurice Cool. I remember him taking a lot of abuse that year. Probably worse than what Crosby will see.

I know exactly what you mean. He was a hot shot junior hockey star from the US playing in Quebec in and on top of that all in the Lemieux era, enough said. He played one season and piled up ASTRONOMICAL numbers in his draft year. (something to the tune of 240 pts in 70 games)

X-Man

Nov 7, 2004
Somewhere
pat was never someone who got a whole lot of publicity in the NHL. he was a lot like ron francis. just a guy who works his butt off every day, and a guy who leads by example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad