Pat Foley

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think I might be the only one who finds Foley/Olczyk goofing around hilarious.
I actually like "Tree turdy tree in the turd, score tree to tree"

Bob: How many goals did the Hawks score last night?
Tony: I don't know, a couple two tree.

Reactions: Sir Loin

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If youre entertained by two guys dissing any idea, technology or stat created after 1995, then yeah, theyre a barrell of fun.
no there are times when they're just goofy and have some schtick stuff like when Olczyk says stuff like "Not So Fast Kowalski" or Foley goes "terteen turdy tree in the turd. Score Tree to Tree" goofy stuff like that.

Eddie's love for Manning and Foley trashing Colliton annoys the ever loving crap out of me. I just choose to ignore it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Foley does not pay attention to the game anymore. There was a time when he was the best in hockey. It was when he did radio and TV ... when he was forced to paint the picture for radio too. He was passionate, quick, and opionated ... when Hawks fans needs a voice against Bill Wirtz (it was subtle hidden jabs). Once the simulcast ended and Rocky took over, Foley got lazy.

Furthermore, Dale Tallon was no nonsense. Foley had to follow suit and thus made a good team.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I think I might be the only one who finds Foley/Olczyk goofing around hilarious.
I actually like "Tree turdy tree in the turd, score tree to tree"

Bob: How many goals did the Hawks score last night?
Tony: I don't know, a couple two tree.
I agree.

You are the only one who finds Foley/Olczyk goofing around hilarious.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
These guys are used to winning just like the players and fans are. Its likely the lousy team and constant losing affects how they call the game and how impatient we get listening to their blabber.

Personally I don’t care what they say, blabber away.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
These guys are used to winning just like the players and fans are. Its likely the lousy team and constant losing affects how they call the game and how impatient we get listening to their blabber.

Personally I don’t care what they say, blabber away.
It is true. The traditional announcing team is worn out. Play by play + Analyst. I usually tune them out anyway. How about having a talk show / comedic format calling the games? Ownership should allow the commentators to praise or rip a player who is deserving ... in a not mean spirited way. If they can be funny, even better. Sports is entertainment. Have fun. Make it a bit more like professional wrestling in regards to the commentary.

Reactions: Salvaged Ship

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Foley does not pay attention to the game anymore. There was a time when he was the best in hockey. It was when he did radio and TV ... when he was forced to paint the picture for radio too. He was passionate, quick, and opionated ... when Hawks fans needs a voice against Bill Wirtz (it was subtle hidden jabs). Once the simulcast ended and Rocky took over, Foley got lazy.

Furthermore, Dale Tallon was no nonsense. Foley had to follow suit and thus made a good team.

I was kinda with you until you said Tallon was no nonsense. Tallon was always quick with the one liners, from ripping on Kerry Fraser's hair to "he's seen more rubber than a dead cat on the Eisenhower" , to:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I was kinda with you until you said Tallon was no nonsense. Tallon was always quick with the one liners, from ripping on Kerry Fraser's hair to "he's seen more rubber than a dead cat on the Eisenhower" , to:

You're probably right. However, compared to Eddie, he's far more serious.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Good thing I’ve been able to listen to the other broadcast since 2013. Foley is drunk and boring. The game has passed him by. 333 RIP

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
73869028-29CB-4648-93CD-D1CA24721CAE.png

Go figure. Lol

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Foley’s fall off is all Eddie O. If we get Tallon back someday, I think you’ll see him start to shine again.
It would help cut down on the terrible jokes, but wouldn't do anything for the fact that Foley doesn't seem to understand what he's watching anymore. He's constantly mixing up players and the other night when on and on about Perreault's "short-handed" goal without even realizing on replays that he was all alone up the ice bc he was the one that left the penalty box.

I was really excited when Foley came back, and he's an icon. He needs to hang them up though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It would help cut down on the terrible jokes, but wouldn't do anything for the fact that Foley doesn't seem to understand what he's watching anymore. He's constantly mixing up players and the other night when on and on about Perreault's "short-handed" goal without even realizing on replays that he was all alone up the ice bc he was the one that left the penalty box.

I was really excited when Foley came back, and he's an icon. He needs to hang them up though.

Yeah, he does mix things up a lot. I guess we probably need someone more accurate. For me, he’s got unlimited slack because of what he did on radio when I growing up. That and being critical of the ownership during the dark ages. But I understand the POV that we need a new announcer. But before he does go, please, let his last season be with someone other than Eddie O. I don’t want to see him go out like this.

Maybe let Foley be the color guy and let him tell stories.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yeah, he does mix things up a lot. I guess we probably need someone more accurate. For me, he’s got unlimited slack because of what he did on radio when I growing up. That and being critical of the ownership during the dark ages. But I understand the POV that we need a new announcer. But before he does go, please, let his last season be with someone other than Eddie O. I don’t want to see him go out like this.

Maybe let Foley be the color guy and let him tell stories.
Eddie is not as bad on the national broadcasts. I'm convinced his "analysis" is pushed by Hawks managemnt. His "love" for Manning feels contrived.

When Eddie isn't comfortable and running the local broadcasts as a mom and pop shop, he has great insight into the game. Unfortunately, he likes talking about Grandma Jean in Naperville on the Chicago broadcasts. The vast majority of the Chicago audience doesn't care.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Neither of them are my particular cup of tea, but Foley is a Chicago legend and he has the job as long as he wants it.

I don't mind Olczyk on national broadcasts, except when he forms the triumvirate with Doc and Pierre. That's just too much at once.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I like Pat Foley. Some of the clowning around is annoying at times but he's better than most of the announcers around the league. I'd rather have him than some meatball announcer who pouts whenever the other team scores.

I only wish Foley would stop discounting OT/SO loses though. He'll say a team that's 13-13-5 has 13 loses instead of 18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad