Pat Boyle: Kane is displaying more... captain-like roles than Jonathan Toews

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Sure, 3-4 of their top players are Canadian though. (Toews, Seabrook, Keith, Crawford)
:)

Ya I wasn't hoping that it would happen or believe it would. I was thinking that McD( in his strange baseball marketing mind) may think that a good idea to generate new interest and in ticket sales. I agree not a great idea, take the best players from whatever country and make it work.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ya I wasn't hoping that it would happen or believe it would. I was thinking that McD( in his strange baseball marketing mind) may think that a good idea to generate new interest and in ticket sales. I agree not a great idea, take the best players from whatever country and make it work.

Not really. I 100% doubt McD is telling Stan to draft based on nationality.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I don’t feel like going back and reading through how we got to you needing to make this comment, but people aren’t actually serious about this, are they?

I'm sure there are people who actually think this.

They end up with American players because Mark Kelley lives in Plymouth, Michigan. Who else is based there? The USNTDP. What is he in the middle of? USHL and NCAA territory. What else? Western Ontario where the largest number of American players who choose the OHL end up.

McD isn't campaigning for anything.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
You'd have to be Dale Tallon to fall for that. :)

From one of the hardest workers / best leaders in the history of hockey ... to outright LAZY and team headcase. The only way I buy that is ...

1. Women
2. Toews is a con man / sociopath
3. Concussions
4. Blackhawks proganda
5. Depression

I've got to lean towards the bold and one of my own:

6. Timidity - He's probably lost a step, but completely falling off a cliff due to lack of skill? Skill was never his strongest asset, confidence was.

Head injuries are nothing to take lightly. If Toews does indeed have some sort of concussion issue, it would explain a lot.

Depression would directly affect one's ability to lead a team. Not sure who mentioned it earlier, but #19 has accomplished pretty much everything he's able to accomplish (NHL-wise) and he is aware of this - we don't even know his personal life issues.

Who knows, maybe it's because all of his buddies/teammates from those Cup runs are retiring and the leader of this once 'dominating modern dynasty' is watching his 'Rome' collapse. I can get it. Acceptable? No, but I get it. Depression is a battle only oneself can win. There's a reason (non excusable) why he's not the force he once was, but I highly doubt it's because he's purposely mailing it in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad