Pat Boyle: Kane is displaying more... captain-like roles than Jonathan Toews

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
On his latest podcast, titled “Is Patrick Kane the real captain of the Blackhawks?”, Pat Boyle contrasts Kane’s on-ice work this offseason against Toews’. That includes Boyle ripping Toews multiple times for not committing to playing in the CPHL this summer, while Kane and others are. Additionally Boyle says, “It feels like he’s (Toews) on an island right now.”

Boyle also mentions Kane doing a lot, Toews doing little, to make an effort to incorporate the young players into the team.

Charlie Roumeliotis is also on the podcast and says Kane is always the last one off the ice during morning skates, while Toews is usually the first.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
On his latest podcast, titled “Is Patrick Kane the real captain of the Blackhawks?”, Pat Boyle contrasts Kane’s on-ice work this offseason against Toews’. That includes Boyle ripping Toews multiple times for not committing to playing in the CPHL this summer, while Kane and others are. Additionally Boyle says, “It feels like he’s (Toews) on an island right now.”

Boyle also mentions Kane doing a lot, Toews doing little, to make an effort to incorporate the young players into the team.

Charlie Roumeliotis is also on the podcast and says Kane is always the last one off the ice during morning skates, while Toews is usually the first.

So... laziness of Toews confirmed? The man who has accomplished all you can accomplish in professional hockey... has mailed it in, huh? Awesome. :thumbu:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It shouldn't. They're fans just like us. And look how pissed off we all are about his play.

It’s not just the production they’re talking about though, they’re taking shots at his leadership and commitment to the game. Those are some of the intangibles that always were cited for why Toews was great.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It’s not just the production they’re talking about though, they’re taking shots at his leadership and commitment to the game. Those are some of the intangibles that always were cited for why Toews was great.

Yeah, and they're some of the same things we've been saying on this board for 2+ years.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah, and they're also some of the same things we've been saying on this board for 2+ years.

True, but I feel like it’s a bit different coming from guys who are always around the team and who have to sit face-to-face with Toews. They can’t be as flippant as HFBoard posters can.

Additionally, I wonder if they have front office sources telling them some of these concerns, off the record, and Boyle is presenting the argument as his own to protect his source. It’s a common journalism tactic.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
True, but I feel like it’s a bit different coming from guys who are always around the team and who have to sit face-to-face with Toews. They can’t be as flippant as HFBoard posters can.

Additionally, I wonder if they have front office sources telling them some of these concerns, off the record, and Boyle is presenting the argument as his own to protect his source. It’s a common journalism tactic.

They're reporters/writers first. Maybe this will be the kick in the dick that Toews needs, though. Now that he has the Hawks beat writers and reporters on his ass about it all.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Finally
..somebody in the media beat covering the Hawks says what had to be said
..Since getting his the $10.5 Toews abandoned his "intangibles of leadership by example " (my phrsse) to go instead all in on Country Club entitlement syndrome....It all started going South with the Machu Picchu trip
..clearly his mind went off hockey and stayed off hockey to pursue other interests in life..He list his list for excellence and now we get only about a quarter of a season where he shows up with the proper exertion and effort ..the rest of the time he looks on the eye test to be just punching a clock.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They're reporters/writers first. Maybe this will be the kick in the dick that Toews needs, though. Now that he has the Hawks beat writers and reporters on his ass about it all.

I’m not going to hold my breathe. It’s pretty f***ed up that it’s gotten to this point. Just a few years ago, Toews was being compared to Crosby.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
What they brought up are things that can be witnessed, not sure what you seem so annoyed about, oh but ya you are a white knight who sticks up for s certain agenda no matter what...

Oh wait did you just contradict yourself? And “we”? Are you including yourself? Lol

To me it’s mind boggling how some fans will stick with a player and get so butt hurt no matter what evidence is laid down for his pathetincess. We get it dude, he won 3 cups(the TEAM won 3 cups) and even if you wanna give him most credit, we need to move on as he still has been invisible ever since and that’s what people are talking about, the prensent. Why do you feel the need to just close your ears and eyes and just reject reality? Fanboys will remain fanboys...
I, for one, will never be upset with Jonathan Toews. Dude brought 3 Cups to this city.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What they brought up are things that can be witnessed, not sure what you seem so annoyed about, oh but ya you are a white knight who sticks up for s certain agenda no matter what...

Oh wait did you just contradict yourself? And “we”? Are you including yourself? Lol

To me it’s mind boggling how some fans will stick with a player and get so butt hurt no matter what evidence is laid down for his pathetincess. We get it dude, he won 3 cups(the TEAM won 3 cups) and even if you wanna give him most credit, we need to move on as he still has been invisible ever since and that’s what people are talking about, the prensent. Why do you feel the need to just close your ears and eyes and just reject reality? Fanboys will remain fanboys...

incredulous.gif

WTF are you talking about? Annoyed? Why would I be annoyed? I think you're misreading my post, no surprise there.

We? Including myself? I've been critical of Toews for a couple years now, lil buddy.

I agree with the beat writers, and the original post. And have for some time...

I'm not sticking with the player, or getting butt hurt. My original post was sarcastic. Read the entire rest of the thread/conversation between me and the OP... I think it's pretty clear where I stand on the Toews issue...

:biglaugh:

Swing and a miss. Nice pathetic attempt to troll me, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
its true, Kane is displaying more captain like behaviour than JT and Keith for that matter

As I stated last year many times the C on 19's jersey should be replaced with an A as a wake up call.

Toews seems to be doing nothing more than collecting a paycheque and going through the motions of his job

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
incredulous.gif

WTF are you talking about? Annoyed? Why would I be annoyed? I think you're misreading my post, no surprise there.

We? Including myself? I've been critical of Toews for a couple years now, lil buddy.

You need to use your brain once in a while. I agree with the beat writers, and the original post. And have for some time...

I'm not sticking with the player, or getting butt hurt. My original post was sarcastic.

:biglaugh:

I don’t know how he didn’t understand your first post, I think he just wanted to call someone a white knight so badly he just chose you randomly.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Must be the off season. Kane has definitely upped his leadership and deserves praise. OTOH, there's more than one way to prepare for the coming season. I think Boyle is ripping Toews much more out of frustration for the past 2-3 seasons, than his offseason training regimen (which he probably isn't privy to).

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
wow surprising the hear this. but to be fair im sure not one person cares that hes not playing in the CPHL. Thats gunna just be an ice time/skate around thing.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
If Pat Boyle is saying it, that's worrisome.

1. He works with ex Blackhawks who are still close to the locker room.
2. He's constantly around the team due to his pre and post game Hawks show.
3. He's not rufflrng feathers (esp. against Toews) without Hawks mgmt. approval.

Jonathan Toews better look in the mirror. The tide turned. Chicago isn't NYC, but when the city goes against you ... it's harder to win them back than New York. Chicago fans are nicer, but have longer memories.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Boyle works with Burish who is close with a lot of guys, specifically Kane. I’m sure this isn’t total bullshit. And he works for CSN Chicago which I believe is partially owned by Rocky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->