NHL Pastrnak Top Winger: ESPN Survey

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Who are the NHL's top 10 wingers? Execs, coaches, players make their picks

Why was the 24-year-old Bruin ranked as the No. 1 winger in the NHL?

"I don't know, maybe his personality?" joked a rival NHL forward. "No, I think some of these rankings are just too close to call. That's why it's tough to make an 'order' of any kind. But Pastrnak has absolutely been on fire when he's not been hurt the last few years."

Pastrnak has 100 goals in his past 157 games, tied with Alex Ovechkin for the best goals-per-game rate since 2018-19 (0.64). He shared the Rocket Richard Trophy with Ovechkin last season as the league's top goal scorer, with 48.

Pastrnak has 26 points through 21 games this season, including 14 goals. He leads the Bruins in expected goals above average (7.8) this season.

Oh, and not that it matters, but our anonymous NHL player is correct: Pastrnak is one of the league's delightfully goofy players, including a recent interview after the NHL's Lake Tahoe game where he lamented missing a locker room dance party to "Barbie Girl" while wearing "Macho Man" Randy Savage sunglasses.
Pastrnak was given three first-place votes -- by an NHL general manager, a forward and a goaltender -- and six second-place votes. In total, Pastrnak was in the top five on 18 of 20 ballots, more than any other player was.

He got the nod for the top slot. But it was close.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Love the guy obviously but I don’t agree with the #1 ranking, although many would disagree with my choice (Stone).

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Love the guy obviously but I don’t agree with the #1 ranking, although many would disagree with my choice (Stone).
Idk many who would argue against you. Stone is a great all around player. Pastrnak may have more raw star power, as seen in Tahoe, but Stone definitely plays an astronomically better 3-zone game while still scoring at an elite level.

Reactions: Dabruins

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Who are the NHL's top 10 wingers? Execs, coaches, players make their picks

Why was the 24-year-old Bruin ranked as the No. 1 winger in the NHL?

"I don't know, maybe his personality?" joked a rival NHL forward. "No, I think some of these rankings are just too close to call. That's why it's tough to make an 'order' of any kind. But Pastrnak has absolutely been on fire when he's not been hurt the last few years."

Pastrnak has 100 goals in his past 157 games, tied with Alex Ovechkin for the best goals-per-game rate since 2018-19 (0.64). He shared the Rocket Richard Trophy with Ovechkin last season as the league's top goal scorer, with 48.

Pastrnak has 26 points through 21 games this season, including 14 goals. He leads the Bruins in expected goals above average (7.8) this season.

Oh, and not that it matters, but our anonymous NHL player is correct: Pastrnak is one of the league's delightfully goofy players, including a recent interview after the NHL's Lake Tahoe game where he lamented missing a locker room dance party to "Barbie Girl" while wearing "Macho Man" Randy Savage sunglasses.
Pastrnak was given three first-place votes -- by an NHL general manager, a forward and a goaltender -- and six second-place votes. In total, Pastrnak was in the top five on 18 of 20 ballots, more than any other player was.

He got the nod for the top slot. But it was close.
I love Pasty but still think P Kane is number one still.
Put Kane with Bergy and Marchand and his numbers would be even better.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Idk many who would argue against you. Stone is a great all around player. Pastrnak may have more raw star power, as seen in Tahoe, but Stone definitely plays an astronomically better 3-zone game while still scoring at an elite level.

I just see guys like Kane and Rantanen being considered before Stone a lot around here (gen board not this subforum), but I fully agree with your take.

Perhaps Bruins fans appreciate three zone play more than other bases, due to us having the privilege of watching Bergeron all these years.

Reactions: UConn126

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad