Confirmed with Link: Pastrnak Signs Entry-Level Deal, Set to Attend Training Camp

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think that's a good comparison.

I'd love for him to break in but I really don't see it, this team at its current juncture requires that tough board play and ability to play all three zones, even lucic got sent back to junior after his draft year

Personally I'd love to see him in even if he wasn't great in all areas but provided speed and scoring...who thinks that will happen after Tyler Seguin was traded?

This is my gut feeling on what happens with Pasternak. Just a guess.

I think he'll have a good camp and make the team for a 10 game look due to our lack of depth and our older wing prospects not separating themselves from each other. I think he'll look good first 10 games and fans will demand he stay.

I think after that happens he will hit a wall big time and struggle and in retrospect it will look like a mistake keeping him in Boston and not letting him develop somewhere other than the NHL.

Just my hunch.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
http://nesn.com/2014/08/bruins-draft-pick-david-pastrnak-lights-it-up-for-czech-republic-gifs/

Check those gifs out. Jeeeeesuuuuuus. I think his pass is the best one. A snipe, a rebound goal, and a sick assist. Little bit of everything. Can't wait to see him live, hopefully soon.

Honestly some of his best plays didn't result in goals. Really nice work on the PP. Made some passes out of nowhere that were just ridiculous. Of course those might not work at the pro level, but showed some pretty sweet mitts.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Same here.
I think it's another reason why I miss Olympics being amateur. Because within a few days after there was an infusion of youth. Even if it was a flash and gone , it was fun.

I have him in the HFL and see him as a young Rick Middleton. I'm sure I'll run into Chia, Sweeney,Neely, Brick, Pederson (the last two were linemates for the long and shot of it)at some point in my travels and ask them agree or disagree. If any say yes I'm going to do a modified ice cooler challenge but on my groin after hearing the exciting comparison and will make a donation.

Pastrnak makes me think of pastrami and I'm going to take a cruise to Nick's in Beverly and grab myself a super pastrami with cheese light on the mustard. Mmmmm

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I have him in the HFL and see him as a young Rick Middleton. I'm sure I'll run into Chia, Sweeney,Neely, Brick, Pederson (the last two were linemates for the long and shot of it)at some point in my travels and ask them agree or disagree. If any say yes I'm going to do a modified ice cooler challenge but on my groin after hearing the exciting comparison and will make a donation.

Pastrnak makes me think of pastrami and I'm going to take a cruise to Nick's in Beverly and grab myself a super pastrami with cheese light on the mustard. Mmmmm

Swiss and horseradish

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Nick's is solid. Royals in Eastie is stupendous. One of my favorite local spots. But NOBODY beats Dina's Roast Beef in Salem, MA. Forget about it. Best of all time. Seriously check it out they pack the beef.

Babula

May 31, 2012
what is David projection for start upcoming season ? Any chance for Providence ?

edit - of course, it seems somebody hopes for Bruins in his case. But my answer is AHL or Sweden or... whatHL ? Bulls ???

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
what is David projection for start upcoming season ? Any chance for Providence ?

edit - of course, it seems somebody hopes for Bruins in his case. But my answer is AHL or Sweden or... whatHL ? Bulls ???

I was wondering this as well, since he doesn't play for any CHL team can he play in providence without hitting 20?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I was wondering this as well, since he doesn't play for any CHL team can he play in providence without hitting 20?

Yes he can play in Providence. The "20" rule only applies to players drafted from the CHL

And since he is under contract, the Bruins will control where he goes and will choose what is best for his development - which is why you shouldn't totally rule out the OHL.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Yes he can play in Providence. The "20" rule only applies to players drafted from the CHL

And since he is under contract, the Bruins will control where he goes and will choose what is best for his development - which is why you shouldn't totally rule out the OHL.

OHL or Sweden (still 2nd tier ?) ? I will like see him in NA jersey, don't ask me why :)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
OHL or Sweden (still 2nd tier ?) ? I will like see him in NA jersey, don't ask me why :)

The Belleville Bulls have told me themselves "we have had discussions with the Bruins".

Doesn't mean it'll happen but they would have to keep an import spot open for him if there is a chance. It'll be like playing at home - international ice and all

acr*

I'm starting to warm a bit to the idea of seeing him make the team as the 3rd RW. I'm thinking if he does, things may look about like this on opening night at forward:

Lucic/Krejci/Eriksson
Marchand/Bergeron/Smith
Paille/Soderberg/Pastrnak
Kelly/Spooner/Campbell
Fraser

Pastrnak will have to absolutely explode in camp to make this team though. There are a lot of implications for giving him a roster spot right out of the gate. I'm more inclined to think that he doesn't make the team because of domino effect it would have developmentally on guys in the system and ready for a roster spot. That is the pro game though. If he makes himself impossible to ignore in camp, we'll see what happens.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I'm starting to warm a bit to the idea of seeing him make the team as the 3rd RW. I'm thinking if he does, things may look about like this on opening night at forward:

Lucic/Krejci/Eriksson
Marchand/Bergeron/Smith
Paille/Soderberg/Pastrnak
Kelly/Spooner/Campbell
Fraser

Pastrnak will have to absolutely explode in camp to make this team though. There are a lot of implications for giving him a roster spot right out of the gate. I'm more inclined to think that he doesn't make the team because of domino effect it would have developmentally on guys in the system and ready for a roster spot. That is the pro game though. If he makes himself impossible to ignore in camp, we'll see what happens.

Is first match set at Tuesday, September 23rd in Montreal ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Lucic-Krejci-Loui
Marchand-Bergeron-Cinderella
Kelly-Soderberg-Smith
Paille-Spooner-Campbell

Not falling for the Pastrnak hype - see you in 2 years kid, don't forget to floss after eating (he's on my SIM team so would love to see him here early but I'm a realist)

Last edited:

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Pastrnak's Swedish team, Sodertalje, starts exhibition games tonight. http://www.sodertaljesk.se/0708matchschema.asp

Does anyone know if he's joining the Swedish club before coming to B's camp. Could be a huge advantage for him to play 5-7 games in Sweden before starting our camp.

Didn't play in the first game - he has been assigned a number though, if that is any indication of his future whereabouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->