Confirmed with Link: Pastrnak Signs Entry-Level Deal, Set to Attend Training Camp

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
We need to get back on track and talk about Wonder Boy (although I love it when Res Nullius posts dirty- cant wait to meet that girl someday at Sully's before a game-first beer is on me)....I'm guilty of the tat talk to so I'm out....back to the kid

I've been to probably every single day of every single Development Camp...I always work the vacation into it (have Wed off so grab that Thur and Friday) and with the kid in fourth grade during the first one, it was a great place to go for a week and make it fun. Those early days were incredibly fun with my kid walking right up and getting every autograph and picture- still fun, but the Camp like the Bruins has evolved into something more.

Pastrnak though is the single most dynamic talent I've witnessed. No checking, his strengths in a perfect setting, but for entertainment absolutely no comparison to anyone else I've seen and that includes Seguin. Sobotka may be the closest but love sometimes clouds the mind.

Even if the Bruins trade all of next years picks I'll have to plan some vacations during D-camp.

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
I just got a tattoo of Pastrnak getting a tattoo of Tyler Seguin.

pfffft.

That's nothing.

I got a tattoo of Pastrnak getting a tattoo of TS looking in the mirror... But the reflection........................ was Andrew Ference with a FACE TATTOO OF ME.

Mind=blown.

member 96824

pfffft.

That's nothing.

I got a tattoo of Pastrnak getting a tattoo of TS looking in the mirror... But the reflection........................ was Andrew Ference with a FACE TATTOO OF ME.

Mind=blown.

Impressive!

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I`m going to guess he won`t turn as many heads, that`ll be my expectation, if he does, I`ll be pleasantly surprised but I`m not going to set myself up for disappointment for a kid who`s 18

And going way back, Joe Thornton was in that same position...4 goals or something like that in his first year and carried a ton of pressure as he was supposed to be the next Lindros (why I don't know, he wasn't built remotely like him).

If the brass wants to take time with this kid I'm ok with that.

Hopefully he won't be in Dallas in a few years having golf balls hit off of his crotch.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And going way back, Joe Thornton was in that same position...4 goals or something like that in his first year and carried a ton of pressure as he was supposed to be the next Lindros (why I don't know, he wasn't built remotely like him).

If the brass wants to take time with this kid I'm ok with that.

Hopefully he won't be in Dallas in a few years having golf balls hit off of his crotch.

well.....the ball will be in his court:)

member 96824

well.....the ball will be in his court:)

All he'll have to do is sign a multi year extension at below market value and our loyal GM will take care of the rest in making sure he stays.

:naughty:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
All he'll have to do is sign a multi year extension at below market value and our loyal GM will take care of the rest in making sure he stays.

:naughty:

Exactly. That's not so much to ask, is it?

And he better not go out after games, or they'll be posting guards outside his hotel room door.

Try and bring a young lady home? Nope, the B's brass are snatchblockers.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I get REALLY pumped about this kid until I remember that Caron was the same pick........

Not saying Pasty is a Caron clone, but i think we need to pump the brakes a bit :laugh:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I get REALLY pumped about this kid until I remember that Caron was the same pick........

Not saying Pasty is a Caron clone, but i think we need to pump the brakes a bit :laugh:

When I saw Pastrnak at camp my eye wasn't drawn to him because of his draft slot, but because of the way he looked on the ice. If he'd wandered in off the street he'd draw the same attention.

Draft slot is meaningless on the ice. I'll judge him by how he plays.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
When I saw Pastrnak at camp my eye wasn't drawn to him because of his draft slot, but because of the way he looked on the ice. If he'd wandered in off the street he'd draw the same attention.

Draft slot is meaningless on the ice. I'll judge him by how he plays.

I know exactly what you mean and the eye test is the best one when it comes down to it although I've seen a few over the past 45 that I was wrong about. I've got a feeling about this kid and his attitude and it's a good one, hearing this from you is encouraging.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I've never seen the kid play and been away on business so have missed a while here but... is he our next Samsonov? Or is that a total fail comparison? Sounds like y'all are saying he has a ton of offensive potential and a chance to break in as a rookie.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I've never seen the kid play and been away on business so have missed a while here but... is he our next Samsonov? Or is that a total fail comparison? Sounds like y'all are saying he has a ton of offensive potential and a chance to break in as a rookie.

I think that's a good comparison.

I'd love for him to break in but I really don't see it, this team at its current juncture requires that tough board play and ability to play all three zones, even lucic got sent back to junior after his draft year

Personally I'd love to see him in even if he wasn't great in all areas but provided speed and scoring...who thinks that will happen after Tyler Seguin was traded?

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
I think that's a good comparison.

I'd love for him to break in but I really don't see it, this team at its current juncture requires that tough board play and ability to play all three zones, even lucic got sent back to junior after his draft year

Personally I'd love to see him in even if he wasn't great in all areas but provided speed and scoring...who thinks that will happen after Tyler Seguin was traded?

I don't think that's a good comparison, no offense.

Samsonov played in that day's equivalent of the KHL for 2 seasons then came over to North America and had a fairly dominant season in the IHL, all prior to joining the B's. I know Pastrnak has played with grown men in the 2nd tier Swedish league he's in, but it isn't the same track that Sergei took. Samsonsov was in a much better position to succeed right out of the game than Pastrnak is.

I hope I'm wrong and he comes in and pots almost 30 in his rookie season, but I think you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment with that sort of expectation. Chances are he's not even a Bruin this season.

Sam the Lion

**** the Habs
Aug 7, 2005
Texas USA
Sure it would be cool to see him make the team outta camp, but I can't see Pastrnak lasting a full season without hitting the wall pretty hard. Like after 50 games or so . . . he's real young, and kinda slight.
Seems skillsy and enthusiastic though. Liking that.

Hoping he gets the nine game NHL look-see is all.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I don't think that's a good comparison, no offense.

Samsonov played in that day's equivalent of the KHL for 2 seasons then came over to North America and had a fairly dominant season in the IHL, all prior to joining the B's. I know Pastrnak has played with grown men in the 2nd tier Swedish league he's in, but it isn't the same track that Sergei took. Samsonsov was in a much better position to succeed right out of the game than Pastrnak is.

I hope I'm wrong and he comes in and pots almost 30 in his rookie season, but I think you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment with that sort of expectation. Chances are he's not even a Bruin this season.

None taken, I actually didn't know all that. Wasn't up on the details at age 10

I see style similarities not so much potential to break in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad