Confirmed with Link: Pastrnak Signs Entry-Level Deal, Set to Attend Training Camp

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
"He’ll end up coming to camp now, and he’ll get the experience of a training camp, and he’ll get some games," said Chiarelli. "He had a terrific development camp, and I know everyone’s talking about him. He’s a good young player, he’s just 18 years old."

"It’s well-documented that we’re looking for skill and speed and he fits that bill, but let’s not put the cart before the horse with David. I think we’re fortunate to get him where we got him and he had a terrific camp, and we’ll see where it goes from there."

The Bruins get the benefit of seeing him in training camp, followed by the preseason and possibly the nine-game regular season window, if he progresses and proves himself ready for time in the NHL.

"Well, it’s again, [camp is] another step along the way, and it’s important that we don’t skip those steps," said Chiarelli. "And at each step, the level of play, the tempo of play, the strength of the players all increases, so with a young 18-year-old who’s 171 pounds, you have to be careful. Now, he’s strong, he’s naturally strong, so he’s got that going for him, but we’ll have to see."

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=30559&navid=DL|BOS|home

A Healthy Kelly*

he'll make this team as part of (at least) a surface level image change for this team, which involves liveliness and foot speed up front. opinion not fact. i've seen him live several times, he's for real, as other more reputable sources have said. he's feisty enough to make it. i find it strange how many posters were ardent supporters of knight... yet don't think much of this kid, who embodies the same qualities (doesn't drive the net as much cause he doesn't have to, he can outright handle the puck) and of course wrecks knight in the raw skill category.

edit: someone should keep track of those who think he'll make it and those who don't and we could do some sort of good-natured, forum related wager. for instance, whichever group loses would have to use PK avs for a while

Last edited by a moderator:

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Is PC throwing us a Gaylord Perry pitch?

Let's place some bets, in which game will Pastrnak be one of the 3 stars?

I say the 5th game.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm rooting for him to make it. If not for the posts on here alone. I can almost hear the negativity! :laugh:

I see DP gaining at least 5-10 pounds before sept. That gives him a good weight for campz

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
qtr9wvgsujidg5zri4im.gif

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
It will be fun to watch this develop, I've never seen him play except for some footage out of Sweden. I'm excited to finally have a right winger in this organization that has a high ceiling. If he doesn't make it on the NHL roster, I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that he can void his contract in Europe and play in the AHL next year.

Last edited:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
If the kid earns it, all the best and luck to him. I personally don't think he will based on the opinions of some other posters I trust regarding prospects, but if he does I hope he succeeds.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
If the kid earns it, all the best and luck to him. I personally don't think he will based on the opinions of some other posters I trust regarding prospects, but if he does I hope he succeeds.

It's hard to expect the kid to make the team based off the opinions of others on here, especially since most of them have only seen him once or twice. We've seen alot of kids impress at development camp and turn out to be busts. I'm not saying he's going to be a bust at all. Like I said in my previous post, I'm excited he's in the organization, I just don't think we should rush the kid onto the third line this year unless he absolutely stuns us at training camp. I think one more year in Sweden would be good, hopefully be builds up some size and strength, and then next year we start talking about the prospects on our team (maybe even our top 6).

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
It's hard to expect the kid to make the team based off the opinions of others on here, especially since most of them have only seen him once or twice. We've seen alot of kids impress at development camp and turn out to be busts. I'm not saying he's going to be a busy at all. Like I said in my previous post, I'm excited he's in the organization, I just don't think we should rush the kid onto the third line this year unless he absolutely stuns us at training camp. I think one more year in Sweden would be good, hopefully be builds up some size and strength, and then next year we start talking about the prospects on our team (maybe even our top 6).

I don't think the Bruins have rushed a prospect into the NHL in a long time, every kid seemed ready to play, the ones that didn't were expected to have some growing pains (Kessel, Seguin). Either way, I will trust the Bruins decision if he is being 'rushed' or not, if he makes the team I will take it he's ready.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
It will be the fun to watch this develop, I've never seen him play except for some footage out of Sweden. I'm excited to finally have a right winger in this organization that has a high ceiling. If he doesn't make it on the NHL roster, I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) that he can void his contract in Europe and play in the AHL next year.

Pastrnak is indeed AHL-eligible next season since he was drafted out of Europe (and not the CHL) by the Bruins … Interestingly enough though, he was drafted by Belleville about a week after the Bruins drafted him, so he can play in the CHL if it's deemed to be the best place for him. Since the NHL draft happened before the CHL draft, Pastrnak would be permitted to play in the AHL next season as the 20-year old rule doesn't apply to players drafted outside of the CHL.

So there's four places (or a combination thereof) he could wind up next season: Boston, Providence, Belleville, or back in Sweden.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
I don't think the Bruins have rushed a prospect into the NHL in a long time, every kid seemed ready to play, the ones that didn't were expected to have some growing pains (Kessel, Seguin). Either way, I will trust the Bruins decision if he is being 'rushed' or not, if he makes the team I will take it he's ready.

Exactly why I'm confident the Bruins will make the right choice here.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Last three picks that came into the league the year they were drafted were Bergeron, Kessel and Seguin and we all know how they turned out.

If the Bruins head office thinks Pastrnak is ready Iwill be behind them .

If not Spooner, Koko, Florek, Fraser, Lundblad, ect will work just fine.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
I think this gets him a solid look in the main training camp. If they like what they see, then they have 9 games to make the big decision.

I hope he makes it. Just from what I've read, he's a breath of fresh air and doesn't take himself so seriously.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Fun, yes. Would it mean this year's Bruins better than the 2013-14 version? Probably not.
True, but it will be hard for this year's Bruins to be better than last year no matter what after losing a 30 goal scorer.
Hey maybe some rookie as a Hertl kind of impact. Who knows.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Looking forward to see how he does at the big boys table.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Fun, yes. Would it mean this year's Bruins better than the 2013-14 version? Probably not.

Better? No. Different though? Yeah. I feel as if this year may be an addition by subtraction year. While there is no denying the talent up-front that this team had last year, it was also a year where you threw many kid's feet to the fire on the back end. From the hockey I've seen in my short lifetime, it seems it is much more difficult for a defenseman to step in and contribute a role and become consistent than it is for a forward to. There will be growing pains here and there. But if this kid has the skill to play right now, I say let him. He's got plenty of good guys to learn from. ;)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Looking forward to see how he does at the big boys table.

I`m going to guess he won`t turn as many heads, that`ll be my expectation, if he does, I`ll be pleasantly surprised but I`m not going to set myself up for disappointment for a kid who`s 18

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I`m going to guess he won`t turn as many heads, that`ll be my expectation, if he does, I`ll be pleasantly surprised but I`m not going to set myself up for disappointment for a kid who`s 18

Nor do I. Especially after watching Seguin go through it. But I am hopeful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad