Pastrnak reaching another level

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
The whole line (Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak) is signed for LESS than $20m for the next FOUR SEASONS (=18/19 to 21/22)...

That's actually awesome.

Avs aren't much different:

Landeskog 5.57M - MacK 6.3M - Rantanen WhoKnows.

Should be around 20M too.

And back to Pasta: was VERY impressed with him last night. Bruins got a gem.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Should be around 20M too.

Avs will unfortunately only have another 2 years of Gabe's contract when Mikko signs. Have to take advantage while they can. Fortunately there's a lot of young guys still coming through the system to offset his and Mikko's salaries.

I was really impressed with Pasta last night in particular, thought he was the best Bruin out there through 2 periods before I fell asleep. It's his positioning that most stood out.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Avs will unfortunately only have another 2 years of Gabe's contract when Mikko signs. Have to take advantage while they can. Fortunately there's a lot of young guys still coming through the system to offset his and Mikko's salaries.

I was really impressed with Pasta last night in particular, thought he was the best Bruin out there through 2 periods before I fell asleep. It's his positioning that most stood out.
He's worked a lot on becoming a more complete 200 ft player over the last two seasons, and it shows. Playing with Bergeron and Marchand obviously helps in that regard, but he's worlds better now than he was even in 16/17.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
He's also had 3 goals taken away on offside challenges where the guy was just barely offside and the goal was scored quite a while after the zone entry.

Man is hot.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He got 40M for 6 years off of a 70 points season. 6.67M. Which was fair. Now he is just exceeding that. Bruins were smart to lock him in.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Well, Pastrnak should make lots more. McDavid moved the needle and so did Eichel.

Diehard Bruins fan here. The team used their CBA leverage to squeeze him to take less money.

He is far outperforming that contract. Just because he got worked on his contract doesn't mean Nylander should have to as well.

Reactions: Slimmy

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Well, Pastrnak should make lots more. McDavid moved the needle and so did Eichel.

But he doesn't, players love to use comparables when it works in their favour...

Nylander isnt even close to McD's level

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Has it ever occurred to you that he complements his linemates as well, and that maybe, just maybe, that the stacked PP is so successful in part due to him?
His point stands tho. Pasta seems to get a pass whereas guys like rantanen, draisaitl, kessel, seguin get the boo birds pretty quickly pointing At their line mates or a single line mate that deserves more credit than them in their big years of scoring. Marchand is top 5 in PPG over the past 3 seasons last I checked and Bergeron is a selke centerman. Is it because pasta went late in the 1st or something ?

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
But he doesn't, players love to use comparables when it works in their favour...

Nylander isnt even close to McD's level
Even still, using Pastas contract to gauge what Nylander should be making is problematic. It's important to point out that Pasta is underpaid.. by a lot..

Cotton

May 13, 2013
2016-17 even though Pastrnak had more points and goals "Nylander is better AINEC, you're crazy to take Pastrnak. Nylander best player in the WHC"
2017-18 owned them in the playoffs "LOL thank god for his contract. No way Nylander asks for more"
2018-19 "Nylander is an entitled *****, Dubas needs to tell him how much superior Pastrnak is. Draisaitl is overpaid"

^ all factual, 2% of my overall post count went into this debate

Might be factual but your sample size likely amounted to two to three posters, meaning your post is just as stupid as the ones you're quoting.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Even still, using Pastas contract to gauge what Nylander should be making is problematic. It's important to point out that Pasta is underpaid.. by a lot..

That is how comparables work, you have to look at both ends of the spectrum. If you are looking at someone is underpaid then you also have to look at players are overpaid.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Guy is a Leaf killer. They def don't wanna see him in playoffs again unless they get a lot better defensive D.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Might be factual but your sample size likely amounted to two to three posters, meaning your post is just as stupid as the ones you're quoting.

12 posters, and if you didn't realize these same 12 posters account for 90 percent of posts. Funny I didn't see a single Leafs fan claim Pastrnak was better

Cotton

May 13, 2013
12 posters, and if you didn't realize these same 12 posters account for 90 percent of posts. Funny I didn't see a single Leafs fan claim Pastrnak was better

12 posters is a pittance for a sample size if you're trying to attribute any narrative to a fanbase that numbers in the millions, or even just on HF - would number in the thousands (if site numbers are to be believed).

You probably didnt see it because you are basing all of your information off of what you see from a scant few, then attributing it as a shared opinion amongst the aforementioned millions, or thousands. You are basically being that guy/girl who runs across a few rude cops, then takes to twitter calling all cops rude.

My suggestion would be to actually go to the Leafs board next time and without being a dick about it, just ask, you're likely to get a ton of feedback with varying opinions.

Reactions: StannisFollower

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
12 posters is a pittance for a sample size if you're trying to attribute any narrative to a fanbase that numbers in the millions, or even just on HF - would number in the thousands (if site numbers are to be believed).

You probably didnt see it because you are basing all of your information off of what you see from a scant few, then attributing it as a shared opinion amongst the aforementioned millions, or thousands. You are basically being that guy/girl who runs across a few rude cops, then takes to twitter calling all cops rude.

My suggestion would be to actually go to the Leafs board next time and without being a dick about it, just ask, you're likely to get a ton of feedback with varying opinions.

you seem to be attributing a lot

StannisFollower

Oct 10, 2018
you seem to be attributing a lot
Yeah, you continue acting like 12 posters (lol you counted) is the majority of a fan base.

As for the actual topic, i hate that he's a bruin. God damn this guy is good. One of my favorite non-leaf players to watch.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Yeah, you continue acting like 12 posters (lol you counted) is the majority of a fan base.

As for the actual topic, i hate that he's a bruin. God damn this guy is good. One of my favorite non-leaf players to watch.

I didn't count but since you think 12 is reasonable, the # did its job.

Of course I'll attribute the fact that Leaf fans thought Nylander > Pastrnak when some of your most respected members (lol) were parroting this line, and not one went the non homer route and picked Pastrnak. There was like 3 threads on this, pretty clear consensus

also, I just love love how you guys are denying that that was the consensus opinion 3 years after the fact

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I didn't count but since you think 12 is reasonable, the # did its job.

Of course I'll attribute the fact that Leaf fans thought Nylander > Pastrnak when some of your most respect members (lol) were parroting this line, and not one went the non homer route and picked the guy from the rival team

There was a time when they were close. They aren't really, anymore, but they were at one point. When that Boston line started gelling, the gap began to widen.

I compare it to people who asked if Kapanen is better than Flyer prospect Linblom. Couple years ago, they were pretty close so people talked about them that way. I don't hold it against those people for thinking that back then.

At this point, Pastrnak is among the top 5 or so wingers in the game so it's not really a conversation anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->