Pastrnak reaching another level

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
He was such an exciting player to watch last night. He's dang impressive. Can't believe you guys got him locked up at $6.6M per, he's going to be a great player for a long time, and that contract is an affordable one for his talent.
The whole line (Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak) is signed for LESS than $20m for the next FOUR SEASONS (=18/19 to 21/22)...

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Of course it occurred to me, hence why I said multiple times he is a very good player. That does not however mean that he does not also benefit from some of the easiest usage in the league and a ton of PP time with linemates who were stars for a decade before you were even drafted. It also doesn't magically make his shooting% invalid

In 2015-16, Marchand & Bergeron's linemate was Brett Connolly. When Marchand / Bergeron combined for 69 goals that season (good for second best duo in the whole league, only behind Dallas' Benn-Seguin with 74), Brett put up 9g / 16a = 25 points.
So, I guess that the "muh Bergeron / Marchand make everyone a star" theory you seem to be inferring isn't that perfect, now is it? :)

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He has a personality and is a really funny guy, which is always a plus for me when I root for someone. Enjoy his game so much.

1:35, "They see me rollin". :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
In 2015-16, Marchand & Bergeron's linemate was Brett Connolly. When Marchand / Bergeron combined for 69 goals that season (good for second best duo in the whole league, only behind Dallas' Benn-Seguin with 74), Brett put up 9g / 16a = 25 points.
So, I guess that the "muh Bergeron / Marchand make everyone a star" theory you seem to be inferring isn't that perfect, now is it? :)

Connolly, Caron, who else? They've dragged some crap around with them and still done so well. They must be relieved to have Pastrnak.

In the highlight above with the Bergy steal and Marchy goal Pastrnak was right with Bergeron making a 100% defensive effort as well.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Probably the most exciting player to watch for me, bias aside. I just love watching the kid. He's always out there having fun, he's always showing love to the kids in the stands too.

He's a guy I'll always root for, that's for sure.

Might be my favourite thing about him. He just brings so much joy to the game. The kid is always smiling, joking around, interacting with the fans - but then just so darn exciting when he plays. - with what happened to his dad and where he comes from...
He's just a player that no matter what happens going forward - he'll always be a player to root for.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Has it ever occurred to you that he complements his linemates as well, and that maybe, just maybe, that the stacked PP is so successful in part due to him?

This This This. If it was because of Marchand and Bergeron then why didn't Riley Smith, Brett Connolly or Lee Stempniak light it up while they were playing with them? Also if I remember Pastrnak was over a point per game during that times that Marchand and Bergeron were hurt/suspended last year

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
I remember watching him the day he was drafted... he was being introduced to some Bruins staff and media and the like, so one of the first things he does is drop some sort of blatant expletive and follows that with "that's my boston accent" and the whole room erupted in laughter. Knew right there that he'd be a great player to watch and root for, lo and behold couple years later he's a top winger in the NHL. Couldn't be happier for him.

Reactions: wintersej

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think pasta is definitely reaching another level, but let’s get him to 40 goals first. Goal scorers are streaky and his pace, along with many others, is unsastaibable.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine
2016-17 even though Pastrnak had more points and goals "Nylander is better AINEC, you're crazy to take Pastrnak. Nylander best player in the WHC"
2017-18 owned them in the playoffs "LOL thank god for his contract. No way Nylander asks for more"
2018-19 "Nylander is an entitled *****, Dubas needs to tell him how much superior Pastrnak is. Draisaitl is overpaid"

^ all factual, 2% of my overall post count went into this debate

When ever there is a thread about a player one certain fan base try’s to hijack the thread to make it all about their team. Dear Maple leafs fans let me apologize on behalf of rest of the NHL. What we don't understand is that Toronto is not only the centre of the hockey world but also the centre of the entire universe. Once we understand that all is based on Toronto we will learn to understand that its ok to not watch any other hockey team nor have any knowledge of players from other teams if you are a Leafs fan.
Nylander
2016-17 61 points
2017-18. 61 points
Averages 22 goals a season
Pastrnak
2016-17 80 points. 34 goals
2017-18. 85 points 35 goals

Last edited:

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Connolly, Caron, who else? They've dragged some crap around with them and still done so well. They must be relieved to have Pastrnak.

In the highlight above with the Bergy steal and Marchy goal Pastrnak was right with Bergeron making a 100% defensive effort as well.

They deserve a Pastrnak after having had to drag around some real duds, indeed. Best line in hockey and 3 guys pulling the cart at 100%.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Is there anyone who denies Pastrnak being an amazing player? Literally every time I see him discussed people have nothing but [deserved] praise for him.

Underrated, in that he's (for me, anyway) a top 10 winger in this league.

People are saying he's great, but I haven't seen anyone talking about him in the elite category of players in this league, which is where I think he belongs.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Was surprised he fell that far in the draft. Thought he put in a fantastic performance in the World Juniors and was really the only player on that Czech team worth a damn. Kind of like Hischier on the Swiss team a couple years ago.

Huge fan of his. Love that he has the confidence to try some seriously absurd plays and that he has the talent to pull em off once and a while. Hockey needs more of that.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Said it at the time of signing that the contract was an absolute steal by Boston and I had no clue what Pasta's agent was doing. He must really like Boston and took a discount because it made no sense then and looks even worse now (or better depending on how you look at it)

Troubadour

Feb 23, 2018
Gotta say he's great, and he is still improving. I begin to smell stardust around him.

It's always a treat to watch a young talent flourish like this. He has it all: talent, style, skill and desire. And he's funny too. The game needs characters.

Let's hope he stays the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->