Past Studies Done Here (Links Only)

LateSleeper

Apr 12, 2019
Re-linking past studies done in chronological order of original posts:

@Czech Your Math

(Tagged you in so you can copy and paste into your original post and the thread does not get all flooded. I will do more when I have time.)

This is a study of a fixed group of higher scoring players from 1946 to ~2007, and how they performed from season to season. It needs some improving, including more complete data, especially since the lockout, but overall I believe the methodology and results hold a lot of promise:

Improving Adjusted Scoring and Comparing Scoring of Top Tier Players Across Eras

The results may be used to A) assist in comparing offensive production across different seasons and eras, and B) see how "simple" adjusted goal/point data tends to help/hurt various seasons and eras.

This is sort of a subsequent, companion study, but totally separate methodology. It uses linear regression to study some factors which seem to most affect how the very top group of players' scoring fluctuates:

Using Regression to Adjust "Adjusted Points" for Top Tier Players 1968-Present

Other studies:

Adjusted Playoff Scoring

Best "Half Seasons" Since 1994

An Estimate of How the Available Hockey Population Pool Has Changed Over Time (Focuses on Goalies and Top Line Scorers)

Reactions: Czech Your Math

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->